Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » BARRY'S BACK!

1 2
Next
Newest
There are 88 messages in total. Showing messages 51 to 88.
shogg Posted: Sep 14th 2010

Now,if i didn't pay any of them equitment,will my videos be a success,like for instance out of the nowhere,people would watch it :)
Shogg

VincentAnimations01 Posted: Sep 14th 2010

So what have you got in the pipeline for us Chocachoc! Are you going to be making a small animated episode of Barry or just experimental work! An episode would be awesome! I remember like a year ago you did some animation tests on a grassy set!
Are you thinking of studying animation at University??:)

Chocachoc Posted: Sep 14th 2010

I'm going to be doing little shorts, like the one I uploaded (the one with sound is the finished short), which will have little stories. They will be uploaded in spaces of at least a month, because of soundsnap being my sound resource now.

I don't think I'm going to, no. When I was on here before I was really set on studying animation at uni, but now I am on route to try to get into vet medicine college. I'm taking all sciences and maths. What do/will you study for A level?

Are you in upper 6th looking at unis, did you say?

thetopbun Posted: Sep 14th 2010

I am goooing to study animation at uni as it is my real passion now :) By the way chocachoc, all the sounds really made it work a lot better! :D I sent you an email by the way... :P

Yeah I'm in Upper 6th! Pretty important year! Yeah, I'll be applying for Ba(hons) Animation on UCAS in the next few weeks! I've been getting all my animations ready for my portfolio and interviews! I've got a massive A3 pad and just stuck loads of sketches and pictures of my animations from over the years! Animation is a pretty competitive subject! Good luck with your A levels. I currently take art, design technology and geography! Loads of coursework already!!!

I've used a bit of soundsnap for the latest Green Roots episode, great library of SFX!

@ Thetopbun where are you thinking of studying animation?

I am thinking of going to Bournemouth but it depends. Bournemouth is one of the best in England for animation but depending on the other subject you want to do at Uni it might not be best for you. I want to do animation and film studies so it is just fine :D There are some other places but I recommend getting one of the university guides and see what is best for animation depending on what you want to do...
Vincent do you want to see my work and stuff so far? I am also going for a Bachelor degree and if you started animation when you were younger/before starting uni then you are most likely to get a 1st!
They should teach you the basics wherever you go but most people who I speak to (someone at Aardman and a few other graduates) say that it is mostly self taught.

GOOD LUCK BOTH OF YOU! :D

Thanks TTB, you too! Yeah I'd love to see your work!

That sounds great, both of you! What year are you in, thetopbun?

iantimothy Posted: Sep 14th 2010

I am trying to understand how your grades work, what is upper sixth in comparison to american grades, like a High school senior(12 grade)? or junior(11th grade)?

Upper Sixth is like the top of High School...
Choca can you reply to my email? :P I would not like to reveal my age on here even though you are a nice community ;)
Let's just say I am not far off university and leave it at that...
Vincent can I somehow work out how to privately contact you (not on the forum)? Thanks :P

Hey everyone,i would like to contact you aswell,even though i am in the high school of middle years,very intelligent me:):)
But,i would like to say,how do you make a youtube video watchable,like how do you know if its a flop or success,any tips?
And can i join in on your chat,because i'm looking forward to colleage in a couple of years,and i need to know decisions next year!
Ste

Hey,

I don't really know how to get more views, maybe send out messages to other youtube users that create animations, similar to what iantimothy said. Do what he said :P

Yeh...I kinda wanna talk toy uo about it. And like you rate each video and see if i can improve.

Yeh, just promote it on loads of animation sites. Maybe enter a few competitions and if you win you will get highly known and if you don't you will get some good tips out of why you didn't come first :)

Hey, anyone, how do you find out about competitions, as I would like to enter a few :)

Do you know of any UK ones going on at the moment?

Yeh,i want to know more,he-he. Soo,can you be my online animator buddies:)

Yeh I know a few going on but I don't know if you mean, you go to the place or just enter online...or both? Do you know about the Animex Festival etc.?

Chocachoc theres not really much in the Uk! However there are a few film festivals you can send movies too. Green Roots was shown last April at the Leeds young film festival! Just have a poke around on google! Its difficult but you may find something! I'll let you know if I find anything!

There may be some soon!..

No, I don't, i'll look it up later :)

Yeah, I mean online competitions :)

Oh, thanks vincent :D

Yeh if you look on google you see that Manchester does a competition every year. The Animex Festival is quiiite big and nofby is entering in that with his short.
This is pretty much what you want to look at:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=zDx&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=UK+animation+competition&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Oooh,that's only a mile away|-)

Ok, thanks :)

thetopbun Posted: Sep 15th 2010

That's ok :) By the way Choc...I am waiting :P

Chocachoc Posted: Sep 16th 2010

I just got my set out again!!! My grass and sky one (the only one ;) ) I made an animation including an item I saw in firebox.com because I don't actually have the item, but I'd quite like to win 50 quid to pay for one myself ;). Good plan, in theory, ay :L

I'll be one happy chappy if I get 50 quid to spend in firebox! :D

wallace05man Posted: Sep 17th 2010

cool...;)

thetopbun Posted: Sep 18th 2010

Haha! I might just enter and try to beat you so I can get £50 :P

Chocachoc Posted: Sep 18th 2010

Hehe ;) go ahead, :P

concon Posted: Sep 18th 2010

Hellos! :P

thetopbun Posted: Sep 19th 2010

Hey concon!
Chocachoc, what was the item? :P

Chocachoc Posted: Sep 19th 2010

Hey! The item is slush mug. I've acctually gone ahead and bought it now, soi hope to get it in the post this week :)

Chocachoc Posted: Oct 3rd 2010

Hey guys! This is the slush mug video I made! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yItsGNxpyU

Also, I got the mug a week or so ago, and its fantastic :D

I hope you like my video :D

By the way, I'm doing an extended project at school on animation and will be making videos for it so if you have any ideas for a barry the snail short story then please tell me :D

Chocachoc Posted: Oct 5th 2010

I won £50 from firebox by the way, guys :) Slanket anyone ;)

How is everyone doing?

thetopbun Posted: Oct 8th 2010

Wow! Really well done! :) I am great thanks...haven't emailed you in a while and you never go on msn :P

Chocachoc Posted: Oct 8th 2010

Thanks! I ordered a slanket and got it in the post today and it is very cozy and slobish! Sorry about the msning :P We can arrange a time at some point over this if you're available?

thetopbun Posted: Oct 9th 2010

I am available pretty much all the time... email me your skype and I'll add you :)

W&G Posted: Oct 18th 2010

Hi do you use it for stopmotion pictures?

Chocachoc Posted: Oct 18th 2010

No, just for chat IM really :P

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.