Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » WHATS YOUR FAV THING TO DO ANAMATION OR MAKING MODOLS?

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 42 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 42.
purple and brown Posted: Jan 18th 2008

conty Posted: Jan 18th 2008

i cant really choose as i love making models, but i love doing animation as it brings your models to life and each model developes its own character and personality, ;)

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 18th 2008

I like both.:D

cinders1 Posted: Jan 18th 2008

i enjoy looking at all the creations on this site, i like both, though i guess animation must be harder, as you would have to be a good modelmaker before you could make a great animation;)

I agree.;)

:D

i like both aswell

Yeah. Animation seems to be more demanding though.

yea but the end result uselly turns out brill

Sure does.;)

anamation takes a while but its worth it in the end

Yes, it does.;)

jordan Posted: Jan 18th 2008

both, but i always get fustrated when animating due to lack of space or if something goes wrong lol

Yeah, me too! I hate it when I try 2D animation and you've got ONE small detail wrong and on screen it would look ridiciolus! Yikes! I've got to get digital ink and paint!:D

i hate this house lack off space drives my crazy, thats why i keep sets to a minimum.

cavor Posted: Jan 18th 2008

I like both it can seem hard work at times but its a great challege.
Hello mark and talking of 2D I have been looking for some of my 2D stuff as promised but here is a Parachute thing I did a while ago ( best played small in QT window )

Cool one, Cavor!;)

Did the sound work for you when it hit the ground ?

I would be greatful for a reply as I have another 2D cartoon to upload that is nothing without the sound!

thanks

space!!!!! everyones fed up with me in our house as my drawings,models,plastercine and all my lighting is in the kitchen!!! ;)

i keep getting shouted at due do my large collections of different things such as car brochures in boxes pilled high.

my desk has my main set and my outdoors set has to go behind me and the computer is front of the set, which is handy , but animating from my room then going into my 2nd room is a pain.

"MOVE" go out of my room , into other room, "TAKE A FRAME", out of that room , go back into my bedroom MOVE" etc

the wires too there also a nightmare.

i bet yer skinny all that exercise!!!!!;)

jordan has lost weight not from that but i have lost some weight last year, but theres still some chunky lol

jordan when you bining some stuff,,, erm NEVER! lol

my modelmaking now takes place on the computer desk due to the main set has been on my desk for 5 months as i revamped it.

Maybe animators/model makers are supposed to horde things!!
Poor Aardman had a whole warehouse full until it burnt down great shame that.
:'(

Are you going to do a trailer, to give us a taste of the film you are making jordan!!?

cavor do you have storage problems with all your stuff?, those trousers must take up loads of space, a garage full no doubt:)

ive been doing this film since 2006 (script), im upto 5 completed models so far. and 2 sets, normally takes me 3 years to do a film.

go on jordan!!!!!!!!!;)a trailer that is

college does get in the way so does them d driving lessons!

also more detail is the main thing on my new film also im thinking of doing character tests etc also lip sync i need to work on that abit more, also armatures is another thing make proper ones, i came up with my basic ones in 2005 but theres not much flexibility in them, also character walking need to practace that too.

keep it up evryone

Yes they are a problem conty, I have a converted 28 x 9 foot garage plus a 10 x 11 workshop for my stuff but I still don't have enough Space! Space! Space! Space! Space! Space!
sorry about that I could hear Nick P jaguar(creature comforts ) in my ear ranting on about Space!:D

what you doing at collage, or is that a daft question?:O

BTEC first Diploma In ICT Practitioners

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/quals/first/itc/btec-fd-sep-2006/btec-fd-ictp/

it will get better next week as we get another new timetable. as the useless tutor left before christmas.

i thought too youd have loads of stuff cavor:O, my parents are so fed up with my stuff, they are converting a spare bedroom into a studio for me, nothing posh though, just lots of wide workspace and storage and lots of lighting and blackout blinds, that way i can set up and leave everything out to come back to, instead of packing up:)

i also took over the spare room hehehe its got the comp in and everything else i cant fit in my room lol

jordan, im surprised:O i thought youd be doing film and animation:)

the college is stupid you have to do stupid courses before you can do the decent stuff, and they havent bothered letting anyone know anout the animation course until last september! :O

oh thats not good:-|

What sort of animation course can you do there jordan?

It seems that with animation its the big take over!!

Sounds like you have great parents conty but don't let them have tooo much space........................sorry only joking
:D;)

exactly! i still dont know any details too!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 19th 2008

WOW! GREAT ONE CAVOR! I desperately need tips on 2D animation! PLEASE HELP!!!:'(

policeman95 Posted: Jan 20th 2008

i like both

Modelmaker93 Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

i prefer to make my models espaecially making gromit

jordan Posted: Jan 23rd 2008

i like the modeling bit but, things tend to fall off etc before to start filming which is a pain

and you have to redo stuff.

all apart of making a film i suppose.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.