Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum
Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 10 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 10.
Purple&Brown Posted: Oct 31st 2010

Hello Ladies and Gents,

So how do you lot come up with your ideas?

Go for a walk, watch films or just brainstorm?

Clay Fighter Posted: Nov 1st 2010

P&B welcome back!

Purple&Brown Posted: Nov 1st 2010

Nice to see you CF, any animations on the way?

Clay Fighter Posted: Nov 2nd 2010

well, there is pre-production in the works, but I'm not conforiming anything, but it will have the re-birth of something old.
How about you?

VincentAnimations01 Posted: Nov 2nd 2010

Hi P&B!

I brainstorm,go for walks and watch films when coming up with stories.
Try and focus your animations around another hobby or things you are close too!!? e.g. I grow vegetables and I love sketching vegetables! Also think about your surroundings?!
Ask yourself where would the characters live and would this have a detrimental impact on the look or characteristics of the character(s). e.g. Though I am inspired by the northen-ness of W&G I am also northern and I try to convey most my characters to be (with exceptions).
I think animals are always a good source for cartoon characters, read books and facts on animals. Find out what animals do and how they behave and exaggerate the truth.
Also inanimate objects are also great to convey as characters (e.g. vegetables). Remember in animation you create the world, it can be as wacky unrealistic as you like.

Fin:)

iantimothy Posted: Nov 2nd 2010

I cannot think when I am just sitting somewhere, when I think of ideas for Beaver Creek, the best place for me is on the bank of a stream, binoculars in one hand, and a camera in the other. Like Vincent said, think about your surroundings. Try to think like this, Who are your characters, What are your characters, When are your characters, where are your characters, and why do your characters do what they do.
I am from Kentucky, and in Beaver Creek you can definitely see that, I try to bring it as close to home as I can, the accents, the surrounding, and that there banjer music. If they are animals, look at the real versions of that animal, think, does the character walk on two or four legs, and use the key elements of the animal, if it is a person then look at people see how they work. Watch old Disney cartoons, see how they move, it is very exaggerated, yet simple.

Purple&Brown Posted: Nov 2nd 2010

Thanks guys! This has really helped me! I am in the middle of creating a character now, and as I live near a city, I decided to make a business man. But we will just have to see how it works.

I will post the latest version of him on the models thread, see you there!

claymotion247 Posted: Nov 21st 2010

hey guys does anyone new how to add friends on this site? anyway p&b i use the same type of clay as you (Newplast) :D i saw a pic of ur model and i noticed it.

ajmole Posted: Nov 21st 2010

There is no buddy list here.

Purple&Brown Posted: Nov 22nd 2010

The one on the pictures of your models thread?

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.