WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » CHOCACHOC: HERON

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 6 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 6.
Chocachoc Posted: Nov 28th 2010

Hi! These last few days have been great because I have been thinking of being more adventurous with my character design. I have nearly always used Barry the Snail (which I will continue to use of course) but he is a simple model and I wanted to experiment! I have come up with a character of a heron and have created a clay prototype and armature design. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they make armatures for clay? I know how I plan to create the armatue but after making it do you cover it with anything first or do you just slap the clay on?

I hope you like my idea and I will post pictures up soon!

Chocachoc Posted: Nov 28th 2010

Here is the prototype model (to scale) of the heron!

Clay Fighter Posted: Nov 29th 2010

Wow, that looks great!
I especially love the colour.
You can tell you made it (no offence) from the eye lids! Its a good thing though :D

Chocachoc Posted: Nov 29th 2010

That isn't its real colour, that is just my prototype clay I use :P

Clay Fighter Posted: Nov 30th 2010

oh okay, Its just since it was a clay animation I thought you were going for a cartoony effect!

Chocachoc Posted: Nov 30th 2010

They will, but in more real colours! :)

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.