Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » NICK PARK ON DESERT ISLAND DISCS!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 5 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 5.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Dec 8th 2010

News just in:

Nick Park will join Kirsty Young to chose his Desert Island Discs on Sunday 19th December (BBC Radio Four), which will be repeated on Christmas Eve.

We'll create a story in the news section once we hear more!

Aardeej Posted: Dec 8th 2010

Thanks for that info Katie - sounds interesting!

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Dec 15th 2010

Lucky Kirsty! I'm really looking forward to hearing it.

Aardeej Posted: Dec 19th 2010

Just heard it - great program. Some nice choices too from Nick. Also loved the amusing story of when he had lunch with the Queen. :D

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Dec 19th 2010

The ANP a Van Morrison fan!!! I nearly fell off my chair when I heard he plays Van the Man in his car. When my fiance and I were driving overland on pilgrimage to Lourdes, we played lots of blues, Gregorian Chant, Johnny Cash, The Chieftains and... Van Morrison!

I'm still in shock because our music tastes are spookily alike! Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel's Make Me Smile!!! That was the start of the shock for me. I have a file of YouTube moments called my 'happytrip' to cheer me up when I'm depressed - not only does it have our lovable chums W&G, Morecambe and Wise, The Two Ronnies, The Saw Doctors, The Priests, Sailor singing A Glass of Champagne etc. etc. but also...Van Morrison and .... Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel singing that very song!!!!! Spooooookeeee!!!!

One of the greatest moments of my life was when my fiance and I were on our way home from a Van Morrison concert at the Bridewater Hall in Manchester UK. We waved like frantic windmills at Van, who was sitting in the back of his car outside the venue. We didn't expect a reaction but you know what? He waved back at us with equal enthusiasm!

Van is unfairly viewed as a bit of a grump in the music business but he's the sort of bloke who prefers to let his beautiful music do the talking. Not only did his gig make our evening, his response to us was the candle on the icing on the cake.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.