Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » WALLACE & GROMIT LAUNCH CHEESY COOKBOOK WITH WENSLEYDALE

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 18 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 18.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Feb 17th 2011

Wallace and Gromit have become the latest “celebrity chefs” with the launch of a cracking new recipe book featuring their favourite cheese dishes. The book will be free to cheese lovers who purchase the new 200g pack of Real Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese from the end of February.

cheesy_cook_book.jpg

The Wallace & Gromit cook book has been launched to mark the duo’s 15-year relationship with The Wensleydale Creamery in the Yorkshire Dales. Wallace & Gromit became synonymous with Wensleydale cheese in 1989 when, during the Oscar-nominated film ‘A Grand Day Out’, they land on the moon which is made of cheese but, much to Wallace’s disappointment, not his favourite Wensleydale. In the next film, ‘A Close Shave’, Wallace’s new friend Wendolene adds to his disappointment by explaining she doesn’t like cheese, ‘not even Wensleydale’..

Wallace & Gromit’s creator, Nick Park, says: “It’s wonderful that Wallace & Gromit’s association with The Wensleydale Creamery has flourished for so many years and I’m delighted they’ve at last joined the exclusive list of celebrity chefs with their own cookbook. It’s grate!”

The promotion will launch in Morrisons on 21st February and will continue to roll out across other stores.

Gromit lad Posted: Feb 17th 2011

Hurray! I like the "roll out across other stores" part, makes me excited. I dont think ive ever had wendslydale cheese before. Looks good. But it looks like Im going to have to fly to the moon and eat some plasticine wensleydale cheese and pout.....or go to the store...lol.

lad my moms into cooking, wonder what the recipes are......

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Feb 18th 2011

I love Wendslydale!

chicken lickin Posted: Feb 19th 2011
:D

i also love wendslydale, i've been to the factory and seen the cheese made! It's great

joemhewitt Posted: Feb 21st 2011

I might buy it!

evelynvirginia Posted: Feb 21st 2011

Wishing I was in England, not the States. I have several friends there, and my room mate is an airline pilot, flying to London, from Chicago tomorrow. Having a wee bit of a problem find Wallace and Gromit items near Indianapolis Indiana USA.

Sue2 Posted: Feb 21st 2011

Alas! What are we poor folks in the US to do? I can't get any of the stores to carry "plain" Wensleydale.

I've been to the factory, too. Fascinating!

dogmanrocks Posted: Feb 22nd 2011

I Love Wensleydale Cheese! It's hard to find in the U.S. I have orderd it from the Yorkshire Creamery,but shippng can be expensive.Having said that,it's my favorite cheese and well worth it.I love Cranberry Wensleydale. I served it to guests over the Holidays,and they loved it!

biggmomma Posted: Feb 22nd 2011

I would love a copy of this but unfortunatley I live in Canada
Is it not available online?

lizpimp Posted: Feb 22nd 2011

Went to get my cheese and cook book today from Morrisons in York
they knew nothing about the promotion

HandGrenadeGromit Posted: Feb 22nd 2011

I've had Wendslydale and it's very good. A bit sweet tho' .

Gromit lad Posted: Feb 24th 2011

sweet cheese? Sounds kind of weird now lol. By the way, havent you noticed Katie and Ellie M have the same profile picture? That has been throwing me off this whole time lol.

lad

Ellie M Aardman Staff Posted: Feb 25th 2011

@Gromit Lad- You're right! I hadn't noticed. It's time for a change I think! Katie can be Tottington (although I think I was Tottington first :-| )

Yorkscheesoid Posted: Feb 25th 2011

Don't forget you have to buy a pack of the new green wrapper Real Yorkshire Wensleydale to claim your free cook book. Just send the empty pack to Wensleydale Creamery and the book will be expedited at top speed!

mhl Posted: Feb 25th 2011

Hi Liz, Sorry to hear you were unable to find the Wallace & Gromit special cook book cheese pack at Morrisons in York. Will arrange for you account manager to speak with Morrisons about this - Regards The Wensleydale Creamery

Gromit lad Posted: Feb 25th 2011

Lol, thanks. Even though maybe I should have been reading names... Since you changed to cooker, maybe I should change to cooker. Than I can start another epademic.

lad; where have all the new people gone? Ive seen a couple than they all just disapear......hm...

jordan Posted: Mar 11th 2011

@lizpimp Asda Monks Cross has the promotional pack thats where i got mine

jordan Posted: Mar 11th 2011

and my book came the other day only took a week to come, i suppose cause Wensleydale isnt far away from us

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.