Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » STOP MOTION LIGHTING?

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 8 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 8.
Purple&Brown Posted: Apr 8th 2011

I think this thread topic has been posted before but I couldn't find it anywhere. What kind of lights do you use for your films? And what would you recommend for people on a budget?

Chocachoc Posted: Apr 8th 2011

I haven't got any proper lighting really, which causes deep shadows which is not ideal. It is fine for me at this moment in time, though. I just keep the room main light on and have a desk lamp (slightly positionable). What some people do is use several lights and use paper (or similar) to bounce the light around a bit to cause a more even light. Some other people on here will be able to help you with the specifics, though. It is VERY important to keep out all sunlight, so use blackout blinds, or something.

Purple&Brown Posted: Apr 8th 2011

Thanks Chocachoc, your films are lit quite well, I personally think. The deep shadow looks light the cast of a shadow from the sunlight.

iantimothy Posted: Apr 9th 2011

My lighting isn't too complex, but it works well, I use two flood lights, one large one to create most of the light, then a smaller one to diffuse some of the harsh shadows.

mmasonghi studios Posted: Apr 17th 2011

same with ian i have a flouresecnt light that i keep on then more to do the harsh shadows

mmasonghi studios Posted: Apr 17th 2011

FleaCircusDirector Posted: Apr 21st 2011

I've a set of 3 daylight bulbs on a batten that I've wired up to a lighting dimmer.

See http://www.aceanim.com/RatoBat/RatoBat.html

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.