Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum
There are 124 messages in total. Showing messages 51 to 100.
jordan Posted: Feb 2nd 2008

i would love too cavor , but after all the nicking & copying going on over the last few weeks on here im still wondering weather too still.

cavor Posted: Feb 2nd 2008

I feel you may be being a bit over protective of your work but I respect your views Jordan.

I personaly love doing the animated stuff & the making stuff before hand and I also get I kick out of sharing info pictures etc to help others, plus I hope the members of the site find my posts interesting because of the content.

Good luck on your project;)

Here is one more behind the scenes from me.

conty Posted: Feb 3rd 2008

yiippeee ive got my work bench finished cavor!!!!! its a great work space, im really pleased!!!:) only the animation table left to do, then i will post some pics, oh just one thing, if you use magnets on your set, will they work through wood?
mum wants it to look tidy:O and because my work bench is solid oak she wants the animation table made out of the same wood, but i think thats ok, as i can build my sets up higher right? to get the magnets underneth, in like a layered effect, the oak only being a base, or do i need to nag her to let me and dad use a different material? oh and dads building it in the corner of the room so its not going to have any legs, so that my tripod (tripod legs stick out)will be able to be moved around my set and i can have some storage underneth

dad brought home some stuff that looked good, its about inch thick polyistyrene (didnt spell that right) and its covered in the same stuff as a kitchen work top, the hard thin shiney stuff, didnt explain that very well, but ive not seen it before and i thought magnets would work through that well, i suppose i could even cut a slot in it and slide a metal sheet inside, oh brain wave!! would that work cavor?;)

cavor Posted: Feb 3rd 2008

The finer the material the better, an inch thick you will probably be pushing it!! It would be a shame to build a working stage that compromises your art, so I would buy the magnets first so you can check the suitability of the stage material.

Having a stage in the corner will restrict you for lighting as well as access around for different camera angles.

Can I suggest if you have an oak worktop that it has a suitable size over hang so you will be able to clamp down your stage to the worktop.

Here is an interesting link
http://www.stopmoshorts.com/gallery/index.php?action=showpic&cat=16&pic=143

;):D

thats what i was thinking of though id not seen a pic of it done,i want to have it so that i can grow with it, i need to do alot more practice first of just getting the action smoother and less flicker etc before i move onto the bigger models and magnets and sets etc i would like to get each stage right before moving on to the next, if you know what i mean, the walk before the run;) but i will still be picking your brains if thats ok, so that i will be ready for the next stage:)

You are more than welcome to pick my brains in future but there don't work properly untill i've had 2 or 3 mugs of coffee!!(to start me of in the day) so if its a big question tell me to put the kettle on first!!

you sound just like my parents!!!!!! kettles always on in our house;) im going to take a picture of my new work space for you, be back in a mo

ok here it is so far, got wires to still sort out, and a few more things to add but this is what we did yesterday, cant get me out of here now, i love it!!!!!:)

It looks like you have a little piece of heaven lovely set up;)

thanks cavor it is, as josephine would say im chuffed to mintballs!!!!;)

J-Snake Posted: Feb 6th 2008

ok carvor here is a set that i made for a test shooting...

J-Snake Posted: Feb 6th 2008

cavor Posted: Feb 6th 2008

Looking good J-Snake....Hope you don't get to much reflection from that backdrop of yours...fabulous puppets!

Harry Posted: Feb 6th 2008

cavor, if i took a picture of my set guess what you would see, well proberly just a empty corner to my bedroom! i havent started mine yet, i will be doing my sets soon though, i like your sets and contys desk/set/animation worktop too, very tidy, lots of plasticine, it looks like wallaces heads there and whats that on the blue stand going 2 be?

conty Posted: Feb 7th 2008

i moved my models before i took the picture!!! hehe the model on the table was something that i just done out of the blue, just a little man, i just might animate him though when ive sorted him out a bit, not quite finished:)

dads got the top for my animation table, so might not be long now;)

j snake where have you set your animation table up to?, looks like you have loads of room:)

jordan Posted: Feb 7th 2008

"Jordans Now Considering Pictures"

jordan Posted: Feb 7th 2008

heres one i just put on deviantart. i titled it

This Lump Of Newplast Plasticine Can Live Ummmm What Can It Be?!"

cinders1 Posted: Feb 7th 2008

jordan, what you on about??? hehehe youve lost me!!!!!:D

cavor Posted: Feb 7th 2008

Some pictures of your set up would be nice!! or is that the only behind the scenes picture we are going to get;)

jordan Posted: Feb 8th 2008

aww it got removed!!

J-Snake Posted: Feb 8th 2008

I put it in the middle of the downstairs living room. my parents will most likely make me move it in a day or two but its just made of two sawhorses a bord and a large wite bord so it pretty easy to take apart and put back together but i need to move it anyway because i put it just behind our stove and when i started to animate my model it started to melt lol. :O

conty Posted: Feb 9th 2008

thats what it was like for me!!!! having to move it is a pain, i couldnt get into it as i had to rush to get it done, and i wanted to take my time, have you finished your animation yet? id like to see it:)

J-Snake Posted: Feb 13th 2008

well the test went great but sadly because i was standing right by the heating stove i was rushing threw it so it didnt turn out that good

conty Posted: Feb 20th 2008

ive had a go at making my first set!!!!! heres a bit of it

jordan Posted: Feb 21st 2008

cool conty

conty Posted: Feb 21st 2008

thanks jordan:)

jordan Posted: Feb 21st 2008

no probs :)

cavor Posted: Feb 21st 2008

Great start conty look forward to seeing your animation ;)

conty Posted: Feb 21st 2008

thanks cavor, oh no you wont belive this!! ive started making a naked woman out of clay, i just got this urge to get my hands messy!!!!!;)

jordan Posted: Feb 22nd 2008

rofl one for deviantart conty ! :)

gerggnod Posted: Feb 22nd 2008

hello

conty Posted: Feb 22nd 2008

maybe jordan, see how it turns out first:) might end up in the bin!!! but its looking ok at the moment, but ive got the best bits to do!hehehehehe;)

Harry Posted: Feb 22nd 2008

Your set conty look abserloutly fantastic at the moment and proberly will grow 2 be better, this thread was made my me!
what year were you in when you made the wallace, grom, dad, dog! thingy, it was great, i think i might be reordering my newplast 2morro, it will be here next week (hopefully)

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 23rd 2008

It isn't working for me. Sorry.:-(

cinders1 Posted: Feb 23rd 2008

hi harry contys not here, but i can tell you he made that in about year 7 ish, but its surprizing how quickly with practice how much you will improve with each model,;)

jordan Posted: Feb 23rd 2008

i started in 2001 and looking back then to now my models have become more and more better than what i used to do back then :)

conty Posted: Feb 24th 2008

its a great thread harry!!!! all of our models are getting better with practice, just dont give up!!;)

Harry Posted: Apr 26th 2008

I might give my set a real cool kinda Cartoony look to it with big bold bricks and make it look well, fun.

VincentAnimations01 Posted: May 10th 2008

This is my greenhouse set I used in my film about walking talking vegetabls called 'Green Roots'

Harry Posted: May 10th 2008

Wow, good set, I cant remember seeing the Scarecrow in the animation though.

Yeah you only see it for one split second

Another picture of my set.

Matt08 Posted: Jun 16th 2008

where do you get your wood from cavor? surely all the wood you use will cost a fair bit over time?

Harry Posted: Jun 16th 2008

I can answer that too, I got the wood from a local small DIY shop near me, it has lots of selection, MDF is a good type of wood, B&Q will have it in there, It will cost under £20 for one set worth of wood, maybe for a rather small set it will cost under £10, I got a big lot of wood for one main set I will use in my animation, its going well here is a picture of it when there was no decoration.

Matt08 Posted: Jun 16th 2008

cheers for that, looks good, are you going to post pics of the set once its been decorated? I look forward to seeing them if you do

Thanks again,
Matt

Harry Posted: Jun 18th 2008

I have, its not going really quick but its in progress, its a outdoor garden set. Heres a pic.

Matt08 Posted: Jun 23rd 2008

Wow, looks great.
What do you use for the grass? Do you use the static grass you can get at model stores or the bigger mats of grass that can be cut down if desired.
Also, how do you go about tying down the model on the grass and the stone path there without the holes being seen?

Harry Posted: Jun 29th 2008

I will balance the models on there, it works for me. Its the small square sizes of grass from model train shops, it helps. I got the brick paper there too.

Hootmat Posted: Oct 7th 2008

I made a back-alley of a house with cardboard and paper mashe. I should start painting it soon with acrylics.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.