Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » NEWPLAST'S STICKY LIE :-)

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 11 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 11.
jordan Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

Newplast's Sticky Lie :-)

newplast claims there plasticine doesnt dry out , but check your models after 3 years :)

cinders1 Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

jordan, i wonder if it makes a difference as to where you keep the models, as ive got some and they are a least 5 years old and they are still soft;)

jordan Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

its the chalk in the newplast which drys them out after ahwile.

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

I've never used Newplast. Well not that I know of:D

Modelmaker93 Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

mine are ok and they have been made since christmas it is the best make of plasticine

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

Oh hiya, Modelmaker!:D

Modelmaker93 Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

hi

666joshy666 Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

well i have only been animating/modelmaking since last January so i am quite new. my first plasticine was by flair and now i use newplast but all my old characters from last year have been thrown out by my mum:'(:-(

rastophulus Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

Plasticine is a mixture of oil and clay (or chalk). Over time the oil evaporates and the mixture dries out, so if you want to keep your models for a long time (like 3 years) then keep them in a cold place to stop the evaporation - in the fridge! (but don't freeze them).
The other alternative is to wrap them in cling-film or plastic.

conty Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

joshy, do you have any models that you could post and show us?:)

jordan Posted: Jan 23rd 2008

cling film doesnt stop it drying out, i use it to keep them clean though. and there in a sealed box in the cupboard, there always cold when i go to get them out.

im posting this at 7:53 AM UK time

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.