Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » IAN! I NEED SOME HELP

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 3 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 3.
mmasonghi studios Posted: Jun 15th 2011

Hey there partner I need some help
I've seen that you have a copyright logo (©) at the end of your short films did you have to pay for the copyright?
Thanks, MmasonGHI |-)

iantimothy Posted: Jun 15th 2011

I actually get this question a lot. I think you might be mistaking a copyright for a trademark or patent. A copyright basically says, "hey, I made this and this is mine, nobody take it!!!!" unless you are taking it to court it doesn't have to be registered or payed for, it is just a way of saying that something is specifically your creation, now if you make something like a fan animation of someone elses characters, like, say for the creations contest, you make a wallace and gromit animation, you cant put a copyright on that... Hope that makes sense.

Here is what the government says

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html#register

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jun 18th 2011

Thanks! that helped a lot :D

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.