Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » WHERE DOES GROMIT COME FROM

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 23 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 23.
samit Posted: Jan 23rd 2008

Where does gromit come from .

Fish Posted: Jan 23rd 2008

He sprang to life from the mind of his creator!:) Do you mean what part of Brittain....or what?

yeah

wat does gromit eat

jordan Posted: Jan 23rd 2008

hes not real?

I don't know that I recall Gromit eating anything in the films. Not having a mouth, that would be difficult to portray.

:)

well in the program

are there going to be anymore w&g films

kld kye Posted: Jan 23rd 2008

maybe but ask aadrman

why did you stop making the comics

There is a new one coming out called Trouble at'Mill...or something close to that. It is described elsewhere on the website.

is gromit real

and does he like cats

hi

Gromits little bro Posted: Jan 23rd 2008

he eats cornflakes in the wrong trousers

Josephine Posted: Jan 23rd 2008

samit - eats cornflakes (The Wrong Trousers)and he drinks tea (Were-Rabbit). His mouth is somewhere tucked under that big nose of his. It would be great if there was a film made called " & - The Early Years" so that we could all find out how they met.

Fish is right - he came to Nick Park's imagination. started out as a cat, actually, but it suited Nick P to turn him into a dog. Years ago, Nick P was on a bus one day and an old lady came on with a dog and, whilst she was paying her fare, she said to her dog "Sit down, Wallace!"

It was a wise decision for Nick P to have a man called because it would sound silly if he was called , wouldn't it? is named after an item used by electricians etc. and was inspired by Nick P's brother, who was an electrician - hence a very special, clever dog!

Does like cats? If he began life in plasticine as a cat, he might respect them more than most dogs...

A big welcome, samit. I hope we have all helped you.

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 23rd 2008

Another blinking novel Josephine!;)

WOW!, Josephine, you really know the & films! You have given me anexcuse to rewatch them all - I had no idea that Gromit ate anything in those films. And I forgot about the tea in Were Rabbit!

Josephine Posted: Jan 23rd 2008

Aye, Mark the Shark! War and Peace is coming up next on this channel.... he he he he! Followed by...da da da daaaaa!
The complete works of Sock Eye Salmon - A Fisherman's Tale. Complete, unabridged and short of decent bait!

Fish! I have watched the Dynamic Duo until the videos wore out (they were replaced by DVDs but I won't part with the videos for sentimental reasons!). When you get the opportunity to watch The Wrong Trousers, is at the table, with the telly on for Open University on BBC2 (that is the weird music you hear in the background - the theme for OU). There is a box of Korn Flakes and 's cheeks are bulging with every crunchy mouthful...

Mark the Shark - is that a chipmunk from Alvin and the Chipmunks, perchance?! ;)

I thank you kindly, oh swimmingly good people!

Sock Eye Salmon

conty Posted: Jan 24th 2008

hi josephine, me too i cant get rid of my W&G videos, we done a car boot sale but i couldnt part with them either or any of my old disney videos, so there still here in a box in the loft;)

samit Posted: Jan 24th 2008

what did u think of the w&g films

conty Posted: Jan 24th 2008

me? i love the films all of them, but my two favorites are the wrong trousers and the curse of the ware rabbit, are you new samit?, welcome;)

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 24th 2008

I love 'em! Welcome Samit! Welcome!;)

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.