WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » BARRY THE SNAIL - NEW SHORT

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 14 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 14.
Chocachoc Posted: Aug 15th 2011

Hey guys!

It's been a while since I animated so a few weeks ago (before I went on holiday) I started filming a new short based on a video game! I planned for it to be quite short but, like before, I have already filmed 30 seconds and I haven't even finished the first section!

I'm enjoying the process, I'm taking my time with the different shots but haven't story-boarded this one, I just jotted down a simple flow chart. I think I prefer improvising shots as I go along, it makes it more interesting for me as I never know exactly what he is going to do until I film it!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

So far:

30 seconds filmed
5 shots completed
3 characters planned to be featured

chicken lickin Posted: Aug 15th 2011

I look forward to seeing barry again :D

666joshy666 Posted: Aug 17th 2011

Great to see one of the 'Veterans' still here Chocachoc! Can't wait until it is finished!

Clay Fighter Posted: Aug 19th 2011

Cant wait for it!! :)

Nathan M Posted: Sep 8th 2011

cool :D

PoisonIvy Posted: Sep 9th 2011

Yay, Barry! Is it going well, Chocahoc?

Chocachoc Posted: Sep 9th 2011

I haven't worked on it for about a month, i'll get round to it when I can :) Busy year!

Darthplatypus Posted: Sep 27th 2011

hum yah i use to make it up as i went just having a little bit of a story but i spent 2 hours on it and then i was done it didn't really work out some did but no plot to the story
nothing..:-|
but if that work for u then okay;)

Chocachoc Posted: Sep 28th 2011

I mainly improvise shot by shot. Try thinking of a theme for your story and knowing roughly where the story will go just film and go with what you come up with.

cheesehead302 Posted: Sep 28th 2011

im a begining animater could you tell me how to make props, and wat animation program u use

mmasonghi studios Posted: Sep 29th 2011

I now I'm not Chocachoc BUT i can help you 1st you can make props with sculpey baking clay or you can use doll house things if they fit your scale 2nd I use Anasazi stop motion animator and Monkey Jam and they are great free programs witch you can find here: http://www.animateclay.com/index.php/articles/72-free-downloads/129-anasazi-stop-motion-animator and here: http://monkeyjam.en.softonic.com/
Anything you would maybe need would be here: http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/forum/read/27326/1

Chocachoc Posted: Oct 4th 2011

Update:

I have put the film I started on hold for the moment (plus I haven't worked on it for a few months) and I have started filming a short for a small contest. So far I have written a storyboard and filmed 1 shot. In this one the clouds in the background will be static to save time as I only have just over a month to complete it. I'm looking forward to posting it and showing you guys!

harryboy8080 Posted: Oct 4th 2011

Interesting indeed! :D

abra Posted: Oct 8th 2011

good luck!

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.