GENERAL CHAT » FAVOURITE BAND, SOLO ARTIST, ALBUM, SONG

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 69 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
wallace05man Posted: Sep 26th 2011

Favourite Band: Gorillaz

Favourite Solo Artist: Ozzy Osbourne

Favourite Album: Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

Favourite Song: Gorillaz - Rhinestone Eyes

Wilsations Animations Posted: Sep 26th 2011

The Beatles FTW
---------------------------
Beatles 1
She Loves you(Beatles)

mmasonghi studios Posted: Sep 26th 2011

Favorite Band: NEEDTOBREATHE

Favorite Solo Artist: "Weird Al"

Favorite Album: Up to this point - Rhett and Link

Favorite Song: (my favorite song changes A LOT!)BUT right now the song stuck in my head is vanilla twilight - owl city

shirly1207 Posted: Sep 27th 2011
:-(|)>:-)0:)8)

wallace05man Posted: Sep 27th 2011

queen and the beatles are my second fave bands but my current favourite is Gorillaz

wallace05man Posted: Oct 18th 2011

UPDATE:

Favourite Band: Gorillaz, The Beatles and ELP

Favourite Album: Gorillaz - Plastic Beach or ELP - Tarkus

Favourite Song: The Beatles - Paperback Writer

wallace05man Posted: Oct 22nd 2011

Favourite Band: The Beatles

Favourite Album: Primus - Green Naugahyde or The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper

Favourite Song: The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows or Ozzy Osbourne - Time

mmasonghi studios Posted: Oct 22nd 2011

Favorite Band: NEEDTOBREATHE

Favorite Solo Artist: "Weird Al"

Favorite Album: Up to this point - Rhett and Link

Favorite Song: Be OK (Ingrid Michaelson)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpMI8Qu5fsc

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jan 22nd 2012

at the moment

Band: skillet
solo: Tinie Tempah
album: tinie tempah- discovery
song: tinie tempah - illusion

puppylove Posted: Jan 23rd 2012

band:coldplay
solo: hatsune miku
album:prosperkts march by coldplay
song:kings and queens by 30 seconds to mars.you chould listen to it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyMyRYvNST4

puppylove Posted: Jan 23rd 2012

ps:my brother is a great fan of gorilaz wallace05man :D

The Return of CrackingToast Posted: Jan 23rd 2012

Favourite Band: The Beatles
Solo Artists: David Bowie (and all the solo Beatles)
Album: The White Album by the Beatles
Song: Strawberry Fields Forever by the Beatles

LoveShaun19 Posted: Jan 25th 2012

Probably no one has heard of my favorite bands or songs. I listen to Christian rock bands and solo artists, but most of these songs I listen to though are old, or the bands have stopped touring. ( I like the old stuff. It's still awesome though! :D )

Favorite Band: Audio Adrenaline
Solo Artist: Steve Taylor
Album: "Chagall Guevara" ( By The band Chagall Guevara; only one album. Steve Taylor was the lead singer during the brief time they were in existence. :) )
Song: " Principled Man" by Steve Taylor :D

puppylove Posted: Jan 25th 2012

yep i have never heard of those guys but i bet no one has ever heard of hatsune miku(only if your japonise:wink:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AsJzZz0Fv0

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jan 26th 2012

hey Loveshaun19 i like christian music too

Gromits little bro Posted: Jan 26th 2012

ADELE!
Favourite Band: Hmm... I'm not sure, but I think I'd have to say Coldplay or Jump5
Solo Artist: Adele (and a bit of Gaga)
Favourite Album: Is Adele 21 or The Fame Monster
Song: Rolling In The Deep.

LoveShaun19 Posted: Jan 26th 2012

That's cool! :D I'm sure there are a lot of W&G fans who like Christian music, I know of a few on the STS website too. I just listen to really old Christian music, so I don't think most have heard of my favorites. :)Who's your favorite? :D

This is Audio Adrenaline's most popular song. It talks about the home in heaven waiting for the family of God. It's called " Big House". It used to be on the radio a lot.
http://youtu.be/-SN-46M0xUk

puppylove Posted: Jan 26th 2012

do you juys listen to songs you dont understand? like japanise...i know i do:-(|)

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jan 26th 2012

not really but it depends if the actuall tune is good or not

Not really. I usually have to know what a songs about before I can enjoy it.

Hey mmasonghi studios, I see that you like " Owl City". Have you heard the Christmas song " The first Noel" that they sang with Tobymac? Here's the link.
http://youtu.be/6sV2qkofKIU
:D

LoveShaun19 Posted: Jan 29th 2012

I love this song. :)

puppylove Posted: Jan 29th 2012

i didnt like it.:-( the only song i like from owl city is take to the sky

Sorry you didn't like it! :-( Did youlike the other song I posted?

puppylove Posted: Jan 29th 2012

i dont like catolic songs :/ did you listen to the song I posted of 30 seconds to mars?

Yeah. Um, did you mean Catholic Puppylove? ( I like your name by the way. :) )? The song ( Big House) isn't Catholic, or Baptist, or Presbyterian or whatever. It's not specified to a church denomination, It's just talking about Jesus and his love for us, and how, if we accept him as our savior, no matter who we are we will have a home with him in heaven. :D I've been listening to that band ever since I was a little kid. :)
Do you like more rock kind of music? I'm just guessing by some of the links you put. Here's a link to a song on youtube. I don't know if you'll like this one or not. It was sung by the Christian solo artist Steve Taylor, with the band Chagall Guevara. The song is talking more generally about big businesses and how some people are so concerned with getting to the top, that they use others and don't care about them. Of course, at the end of the song, it talks about how those else might come along one day and use them too. It's mainly talking about greed. Sorry for the long intro, but the song doesn’t specifically say that outright, it uses a lot of imagery to describe the meaning of the song. It's pretty clever actually, the band compares greed/ or greedy people to a Organ Grinder with a Monkey, hence the name " Monkey Grinder". I like the cleverness and wording of this one, but I also love the awesome guitar riff in the middle of the song.:D It's kind of slow, but it's also like a driving rock sound. It's one of my favorites. Hope you like it! :)
http://youtu.be/OyjLfNW3dY0 :D

puppylove Posted: Jan 31st 2012

pretty good:Dlittle slow but preatty good>:-) im not catholic thats why i dont like relegiouse music of any kind. :-| i DO have a religion thought but i dont think you know it cause its very distant. is a religion invented by the french but its more developt in brasil its called cardesisum :)

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 1st 2012

I'm glad you liked the song!

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 1st 2012

I'm a Christian. It's not a " religion" though, it's a faith/belief.
Do you like other styles than rock? like maybe jazz like Frank Sinatra? :)

http://youtu.be/whyZqUdpDQc

puppylove Posted: Feb 1st 2012

the only jazz singer i like is one called jamiroquai (i know.its a weird name) take a look:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSG5RPUVojw

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 7th 2012

Sounds cool! Hey, what does your religion say about Jesus, or what do you think about him?

puppylove Posted: Feb 7th 2012

same thing as the catholic only we dont like to thing about the sacrifice itself but the love of.you know then you do the in the name of the father thing? we dont do that. we dont like to do it cause we get reminded about his pain:)

But you do beleive he died and rose again to give us the chance of salvation yes? What does your religion say about him?
Do you beleive he is God?

puppylove Posted: Feb 7th 2012

to my religion, he is the only one that was able to be born again in the same body (there are spesific words for that but i only know them in portuguese) for us normal peaple, we believe in recarnation meaning reborning again but with a different body, name an life.when we get that chance, in this life, we are suppoused to learn the things we didnt whant to learn before in our past life. but most peaple dont understand that they suffer for a reason and do what is easy insted of what is right... theres alot of things i coud tell you but it wwould make books. we have about 5 "bibles" i think. all of them explaining different things:D

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 7th 2012

'for us normal people'

that is sort of saying if anyone isn't of your religion then they're not normal

and i think you've gone a bit off subject aswell

Puppylove, I'm sorry but your writing was a little hard for me to read, and I'm not sure I quite understood it fully. Do you think you could elaberate/clarify?

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 8th 2012

she basically made a racist comment!

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 8th 2012

No, I didn't think it was racist, I was just curious about what her religion states and what she beleived about Jesus. I didn't grasp that fully from the message.

yeh but she said 4 us 'normal people' which is saying only her faith is normal

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 8th 2012

I don't know. I wouldn't make judgements about it until she explained. She may have used the wrong word or something. It's hard to tell what people really mean when they type on a computer. The words are there ,but we can only assume about the state of mind in which the person who wrote them was. My communications professor in college told me that. He said sometimes it's difficult to to communicate through the computer. For instance, if someone said to you face to face " You're mean", but they were smiling, you'd know that they were joking, however, when you type all you have to communicate with is words, leaving out important factors like voice inflection, or facial expressions. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that it is very easy to have a missunderstanding of what someone was trying to say with just typing on the computer. That's why I usually ask questions asking someone to clarify if I didn't understand their meaning.I know I mess up communication via the computer all the time. :)

wallace05man Posted: Feb 8th 2012

1. i'm not saying i believe in Jesus, but puppylove meant that normal people as in "everyone" and not jesus.

2. if you want to discuss religion, please can you make another thread about it, and not say it in a thread about music.

puppylove Posted: Feb 8th 2012

THANKS WALLACE05MAN AND LOVESHAUN 19!:D:D:D THAT exacly what i meant!:D mrtecnotrousers please dont hate me.:-(|) ill do that theat right now wallace05man(can i call you by your real name?)

wallace05man Posted: Feb 8th 2012

do you know my real name?

i don't hate u
i just thought that the wording you used could come across as racist
but u hav explained now and i am fine with that
just maybe a bit different wording next time would avoid all this confusion

i wasn't accusing u of being racist i was just saying it could seem like that with the particular wording u used
everything is fine now though

sorry if it sounded like i was simply accusing u

MrTechnoTrousers

you dont have to put your name it always shows up top who wrote it:D:-(|)

its ok

it in your personal page silly:D;) the first prase is hi my name is ... :P

that was for wallace05man

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.