Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » THE ELEPHANT MAN

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 65 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
StateVader Posted: Jan 24th 2008

Hey, I was thinking maybe someone might wanna make a plasticine Elephant Man film as not a spoof but a educational sort of thing to people. The moral I'm talking about is "Never judge people by their appearances".

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 24th 2008

Cool one! I'm interested!;)

StateVader Posted: Jan 24th 2008
;)

Thanks Mark!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 24th 2008

Yer welcome!;)

Josephine Posted: Jan 24th 2008

That's a BRILLIANT idea, StateVader! Well done, you, for suggesting it!

Years ago, Aardman used to do plasticine pieces for Channel 4 that were just like little real-life interviews. It was a world away from the Aardman films that tickle our socks now. In fact, they were seriously thought-provoking...just like the true story of The Elephant Man.

Animation is not just for making us laugh. It makes us think. In a way, the Creature Discomforts ads hark back to provoking thoughts but with subtle humour.

The Elephant Man would be ideal in plasticine! I remember the film starring John Hurt in the title role, shot entirely in black and white - adding to the atmosphere beautifully!

I remember being upset when cried in The Wrong Trousers when tormented him with that organ music. It moved everyone...Julian Nott's fantastic music score set it off brilliantly.

StateVader - again, well done! I hope the Almighty Aards will take up the challenge one day! ;)

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 25th 2008

ANOTHER novel Josephine. You would be a good writer!;)

Josephine Posted: Jan 25th 2008

Again, many thanks for your kind compliments, Mark the Shark!

As it happens, I write! I love writing - typing, pen and paper (nothing beats a good A4 and a Bic biro...or a fountain pen!). The & site gives me a nice, leisurely time-out and I love it very much...then it's back to the serious stuff!

And, before anybody asks, I'm not in the same league table as JK Rowling or Eoin Colfer (Artemis Fowl) etc.

Sock Eye Salmon!

Fast reply Josephine! You should write something and upload it here. It would be great!;)

Josephine Posted: Jan 25th 2008

I might just do that one day...

;)

Yeah!!!:D

StateVader Posted: Jan 28th 2008
>:-)

Wow Josephine! You write? Rock on!!!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 28th 2008

Me too! I write lots of books. I might upload one one day!;)

Josephine Posted: Jan 28th 2008

yessiree, StateVader! I have been a scribbler for quite a few years! There's nothing like creating mental images.

As Spike Milligan once described it and the medium of radio: Theatres of the Mind!

Mark the Shark! Please upload one and then I can upload one ...one day! No pressure - when you can! ;):D

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 30th 2008

Thanks Josephine. As soon as my scanner starts working I will post it. Sure thing!;)

Prof Chip Posted: Jan 30th 2008
|-)

I luv 2 write 2!!!

Josephine Posted: Jan 30th 2008

Whoopeee! Prof Chip, Mark the Shark - we are not alone...

You've changed your avatar again, MTS! The Vicar, perchance?

;)

Fish Posted: Jan 30th 2008

Josephine, what do you write? I mean, you said you wrote serious stuff....like what?

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 31st 2008

It is Josephine. And a special one, Conty's! Speaking of Elephants, who wants to see that new film Horton Hears a Who?:D

Josephine Posted: Jan 31st 2008

Fish, that is a lovely, searching question! ;)

I write lots of different things (this is without giving too much away!)from funny items to serious stuff - for example, over last Christmas, some prominent people died and I wrote a couple of lines about their lives (Obituaries). I joked with one of my colleagues that I felt like the Grim Reaper doing this and, next time it happens, I should wear a hooded cloak and chain my scythe to the bike rails in the car park! >:-)

In the midst of sorrow, however, it was great to find some funnies to add skilfully to their tributes without disrespecting their memory! ;) I've done it loads of times and people appear to like it. Crumbs! Am I turning into a Goth?!?!! Nope! ;)

Other stuff? Mostly factual - from personalities to potatoes!

As I said to conty in another thread, I daren't reveal any more or else I might get a yellow card from Katy for personal details...but I hope I have answered your question, albeit cryptically! :)

Conty! I am MIGHTY impressed :D Is your mum's avatar your figure of ? Wow! Fan-tastic! I hope the Almighty Nick P is watching!

Mark the Shark - well done, you, for doing that for conty...and your/our enjoyment, too! ;)
Horton Hears a Who? Er, apart from elephants, what's it about?

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 1st 2008

Aparently, it is a film made from a Dr Seuss book with the same name and it is supposed to be about a people living in a tiny speck of dust and the elephant trys to help them when they're in trouble. It looks quite funny. The person that Steve Carrell plays (the Mayor of Whosville, the tiny of speck of dust) has 96 daughters and one son called Jojo. Scarey! THEY WERE ALL BORN IN 9 MONTHS AND THEY ALL SHARE A BATHROOM!!!! And Horton doesn't know what that is!!!:O

Josephine Posted: Feb 1st 2008

Thank you very much for that, Mark the Shark!

When I read that it was a Dr Seuss book, I really had a "D'oh!" moment because I read his books a long time ago...lummy day!

I have to admit, I can't remember that one BUT, if it is anything to go by, it sounds like a goodie! :D

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 3rd 2008

I think it looks great.:D

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 15th 2008

It comes out soon. I can't wait to see it!:D

Josephine Posted: Feb 15th 2008

Hey, Markie Sharkie! It's about time we saw your name in lights!

:D

Thank you Josephine!;)

You are most welcome, friend!

How's the water? Go on! Scare some of the locals (they don't know you are friendly so do your best!) - squigly squid, Fish, you and I need to practise synchronised dive-bombing!!!!

Sock Eye Salmon

RAAAAAAARGHHHH! Hah, got you! Hehehe! The water's great sock-eye! It's brilliant!!!:D

HEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'SSSSSS

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKKKKK EEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEE
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOONNNN!

COMIN' ATCHA!!

KERRRRRRRRRSPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH!!!!

I thank you!

Sock Eye Salmon

RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH! Tiger shark coming through! Rar! RAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!:D

IT'S FIN, FIN, FIN ALL THE WAY!!!!!

:D

SPLLLLLOOOOOOSHHHH!!

Rarrrrghhhh? Where shall we go in the Southern Hemisopshere, Fish asks?:D

Fish Posted: Feb 15th 2008

I like your avatar sharkie!

Ready, fishies?

Kersploooooshhh!!!

SSPPPLLOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!! :D

Thanks Fishy boy! Well here I come! CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNBBBBBBBBBBA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!:D

We'd better be careful jumping in like we do - we could trigger another tsunami...however you spell it.

You spelled it correctly, Fish! Well done, you!

Splip! Plip! Plip! Gloob! Gloob! Gloob!

Sock Eye Salmon

Rar! Sharkie rampaging through at high speed!!! HERE I COME!!!:D

That was actually correct? :O COOL! :D Here I come - right behind the rampaging sharkie!

Wazaaaaaaaaaaa! Coming at 350 miles per hour!!! RAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:D

I'm not far behind you....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMPHFFFFF!!!

Me either! ZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSPPPPLLLLAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 16th 2008

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhoooooooooooo! Fun, fun, fun!!!:D

StateVader Posted: Feb 20th 2008

Here comes a Sith!! Da da da dada da dada!

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 21st 2008

Darth Sidious! Din din din!!!:D

squigly Posted: Feb 23rd 2008

woah! catching the effects of the tsunamis.....one week later!! Yiiiipppppeeeeee!!!!! Wiiiiipppeeeeeouttttt!!!!|-)

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 23rd 2008

What? Squigly, I didn't catch that?:D

Fish Posted: Feb 23rd 2008

Me either!

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 23rd 2008

Hi Fish!;)

Josephine Posted: Feb 23rd 2008

Hi, guys! May I join you for a dip?

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.