Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » AARDMAN EXIBITION. @ GHIBLI MUSEUM

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 21 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 21.
jordan Posted: Jan 24th 2008

Aardman exibition. @ Ghibli Museum

is it coming to the uk?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/83/263372150_42ff86f2dd_o.jpg

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 24th 2008

Should do! WOO-HOO!!!;)

squigly Posted: Jan 25th 2008

I love the films coming out of Studio Ghibli! Classics that come to mind...
-Princess Mononoke
-My Neighbor Totoro
-Spirited Away
-Howl's Moving Castle
to name a few. What is the connection to Aardman? Is the Ghibli Musuem in the UK?

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 25th 2008

WHAT ARE THEY?!!!:O

squigly Posted: Jan 26th 2008

Sharkie, they're feature length animated films in a style of animation called anime. Originated in Japan. Hiyao Miyazake is one of the best animators and the creative force behind Studio Ghibli. He is tied to a number of films but the ones I listed above are, in my opinion, his best. If you have a chance to rent some DVDs, I recommend viewing Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke to give you a taste of his style and artistry.

I wonder why there's an Aardman exhibit at the Studio Ghibli museum?

jordan Posted: Jan 26th 2008

Hiyao Miyazake is a big fan aparently

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 26th 2008

Oh right. Thanks Squigly.;)

squigly Posted: Jan 29th 2008

Are there any other Aardman fans who have seen and enjoyed the films coming out of Studio Ghibli?

jordan Posted: Jan 29th 2008

Spirited away :)

squigly Posted: Jan 29th 2008

Hi Jordan! How did you like that movie? I think it won an Academy award or two. If you liked it, you should try to see Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle. They're both great too.

jordan Posted: Jan 30th 2008

yeh i liked spirited away

chessy gromit Posted: Jan 30th 2008

so did i jordan...it's brilliant

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 30th 2008

Is Spirited Away good. From the looks of the DVD box it didn't look two good, even though I think it won an Oscar?

cavor Posted: Jan 30th 2008

I haven't seen Spirited Away yet but I remember seeing the all mighty 'Nick Parks' speak most favourably in an interview about it.:)

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 30th 2008

Oh hey Cavor!;)

squigly Posted: Jan 31st 2008

I personally think Hiyao Miyazaki's animated films are more drama than comedy. So if you don't like dramas, this might not be for you. Spirited Away is a great film but it may be a little too scary for younger viewers (about age 8 and younger) because it deals with spirits and curses and people turning into animals etc. Of course it depends on how much the kid can handle. But the imagination behind the stories are way out there!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 31st 2008

Heya, Squigly!;)

squigly Posted: Jan 31st 2008

Hiya Sharkie! I think you might like Spirited Away. How was your swim through this website?

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 1st 2008

Absoutley fine but was surprisedly discouraged by Harry?:O

squigly Posted: Feb 1st 2008

??? What did Harry say/do that discouraged you?

squigly Posted: Feb 1st 2008

Oh...just saw the thread. Don't let it bother you. Just be a man-shark and swim away from those types of comments. Join me for a swim in the mintballs thread?

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.