GENERAL CHAT » ASK ME ABOUT STOP MOTION ANIMATION SEE IF I HAVE AN ANSWER

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 16 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 16.
Darthplatypus Posted: Oct 22nd 2011

I know a ton about stop motion animation mostly claymation thought.
so ask me if you have any questions on how to make something in stop motion animation.

Darthplatypus Posted: Oct 22nd 2011

if u want to check out some of my work click this link that will take u to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/claymoviez?feature=mhee

p.s.most of it is claymation....

iantimothy Posted: Oct 22nd 2011

How do you keep your characters, and camera from jumping all around?

harryboy8080 Posted: Oct 22nd 2011

I like your idea, but honestly, you should just make a stop-motion help thread where everyone can ask and answer instead of a speak with an expert type of deal. Because honestly, none of us are experts.

iantimothy Posted: Oct 22nd 2011

hopefully my question didn't come across as to sarcastic, but like harry that was kinda the point I was trying to get across. I know you had good intentions, but something like this just kills humility.

There is a lot you need to learn before you start advertising yourself as an animation expert, I can speak from experience, there is A LOT even i don't know how to do.
True, animation has become more than a hobby for me, but I am not expert, though,
If I can offer one piece of advice to a budding filmmaker, be humble!!

don't flaunt your knowledge, just offer it when needed, or asked for.
:D

harryboy8080 Posted: Oct 22nd 2011

Exactly, Ian. Darthplatypus, I'd love it if you could me a few pointers, but you could use some as well.

Darthplatypus Posted: Oct 24th 2011

yes u all are right we aren't experts and i'm not trying to show off..
i just want to help some people that have no idea how to make stop motion animation movie and want to start that's all...
sorry my title is a bit showy or proud...

well Ian as u know and want to see if i know the answer is u use a tripod for the camera and for your subject (like a character) u use tie downs that connect to your armature inside your character...
for people that don't know what an armature is, it's a metal skeleton ether made from wire or ball and socket rodes that connect to gather...

this should be called questions and answers about stop motion animation (i wonder if i could change the name?)
okay so that i'm not the one that is always answering the questions Ian how do u do lip syncing i now how, i just haven't made anything good with it and i am curious on how u do it??
i've seen bever creek your good at it....

i opened a new forum on what u guys kind of wanted where every one has a say and i named it questions and answers about stop motion animation...
check it out sorry about seeming like a one man show....;)

harryboy8080 Posted: Oct 26th 2011

It's alright. We all do the same thing every now again. And I'll gladly check out your new post!

Darthplatypus Posted: Oct 27th 2011

thanks...:D

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Oct 30th 2011

How do u do the lighting
I do lots of stop motions but I can never seem
to get the lighting right
what should I use?

Darthplatypus Posted: Nov 10th 2011

sorry i have been pretty busy what is the problem is it that the light is flickering
or what???
or u want it to look like sun light or night time light ????

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jan 21st 2012

it's that the light in the video is always changing

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.