Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS TO STOP MOTION ANIMATION...

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 12 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 12.
Darthplatypus Posted: Oct 27th 2011

this is all about stop motion if you have a question Ask and if u have answer Answer...
i made a forum just recently that is like this one but i got complains that i was kind of making my self look like a know it all expert and stuff so be open to other peoples ideas no one is a professional here...

So start asking!

cheesehead302 Posted: Dec 11th 2011

How to lift up a character's leg to walk with out tie downs?
Do you have to have a ball and socket armature to do this? I'm not to sure...

mmasonghi studios Posted: Dec 12th 2011

I CAN ANSWER THIS ONE!

you do not need a ball and socket armature to make a puppet walk try not lifting the leg all the way off the ground like this

cheesehead302 Posted: Dec 12th 2011

Thank you.

mmasonghi studios Posted: Dec 13th 2011

yer mighty welcome!

19982 Posted: Dec 16th 2011

how do I upload stop motion from my 3ds?

Darthplatypus Posted: Dec 17th 2011

hey cheesehead302 i have some more ideas u could try, some of the ways u could do it is by using sticky tack on the bottom of the puppet's feet or if u want something more profesional try buying magnets here's a good place to buy some http://www.animationsupplies.net/magnets.php the way u use these magnets is by putting small magnets on your puppet's feet or it may just stick because it's metal anyway u don't have to use big screws for tie downs u could use small pins....

P.S. hey and no matter if u have a wire or a ball and socket armature you are going to need tie downs...

okay 19982 do u have a program on your 3ds for stop motion or is it a bunch of pictures because all u have to do if it's a bunch of pictures is pull out your sd card and stick it into your computer then u need a program to put the pictures together if u don't have any stop motion program's u could use imovie (if u have a mac) or movie maker (if u have a pc)
but it's not going to be in 3d if u put it on the computer...;)

P.S. if you need any more help ask...

Pink-Muffin Posted: Dec 17th 2011

I´ve got a question!
How can you make characters jump or fly?

there are lot's of ways to do it but the way i do it is i first i take a picture of the scene with no characters in it ( nothing that's going to move) then i extend the object up in the air with a wire or something attached to a weight and then i take the pictures and and i get rid of the wire on photoshop...sorry i don't have much time now but this movie might be helpful i didn't watch it all but hope it helps anybody else got an answer for this guy??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zK6H4A6_64

p.s. later...

mmasonghi studios Posted: Dec 17th 2011

Hi pink muffin have you tried to shoot them on a green or blue screen?

Hope helped.

over and out
MmasonGHI Studios ;)

19982 Posted: Dec 24th 2011

yeah i have stop motion on it
is it the same ?

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.