Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » ARTHUR CHRISTMAS STARS SWITCH ON REGENT STREET CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 5 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 5.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Nov 9th 2011

Last night two stars of Aardman's latest move Arthur Christmas, Bill Nighy (Grandsanta) and Ashley Jensen (Bryony) switched the Regent Street Christmas lights on in a show-stopping event attended by thousands.

ac_lights_1.jpg

This year the world-famous Regent Street Christmas are themed with a series of festive designs and characters from Aardman’s new Arthur Christmas movie! Featuring a twinkling recreation of the Northern Lights as its centrepiece, the crossings will be adorned with two huge flying sleighs, elves busy at work, the London skyline, and the Christmas Family presiding over it all at each end.

ac_lights_2.jpg

From 5pm Heart 106.2’s Jamie Theakston and Emma Bunton were on stage, at the junction of New Burlington Street and Regent Street, introducing the night’s entertainment. To get the evening started there was a performance from the West End Gospel Choir and the cast from West End musical, Thriller followed by a performance by international Pop star, Kelly Clarkson and last year’s X Factor winner, Matt Cardle.

The wonderful show entertained the crowd up to the switch on moment when the skies were lit to herald the start of the Christmas season and culminate with spectacular pyrotechnic display.

Arthur Christmas hits UK cinemas on November 11th! For more information, international screening dates, activities and more, visit the Arthur Christmas website »

ac_lights_3.jpg

samuelhayward Posted: Nov 9th 2011

cool

Tizi & Vali Posted: Nov 10th 2011

Magic! :D

puppylove Posted: Nov 10th 2011

i wanna live in ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:'(:'(:'(

wallace05man Posted: Jan 16th 2012

as much as i love a lot of other countries (especially America and Mexico) i am so happy to live in England:D i remember a last year the christmas lights were Narnia and a few years ago they were Flushed Away

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.