Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » PEOPLE OF OLD

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 32 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 32.
Gromits little bro Posted: Dec 30th 2011

Those of us who were around a long time ago on here (which isn't many of us :( ), do any of you know what became of Nofby and his animation The Sword and the Stone?

666joshy666 Posted: Dec 30th 2011

Not to sure actually but I do remember Nofby though. Here is his YT channel. I have PM'd him: http://www.youtube.com/Nofby

Also, which old members are still here? Has SockEye been on recently? I saw that Fish and Ursrut had been around and Conty was here around 3 months back but who else has stayed?

iantimothy Posted: Dec 30th 2011

I was just thinking about Nofby the other day when I was making an armature, he gave me some advice that I still remember to do.

As for people still here. I guess I am a veteran of this site. I haven't seen Conty in a long time. I haven't seen Spazicat or Chochoc in a while either.

IAN!!!!!! Great to see you! Just finished reading about the Boinx offer! Did Boinx give you the iPad or did you already own one? Great work though! How's everything else?

harryboy8080 Posted: Dec 30th 2011

Nofby gave me some ideas on rigging that helped out. :)

I don't know, but I guess I am a slight veteran. Almost 4 years.

iantimothy Posted: Dec 30th 2011

they gave me a brand new iPad 2 :D

HOLY SCHNOINKEES! That's so awesome, man! You definitely deserve it!

mmasonghi studios Posted: Dec 30th 2011

I guess I'm sorta old 4 years same as harryboy8080 |-)

kld loves wallace for eva Posted: Dec 31st 2011

i have been on this account for 3 years yass it was made in dec 2008

iantimothy Posted: Dec 31st 2011

I actually joined december 2007, but I found the site about 3 days after it went up in august 2007 and I read the forums and creations, so I was a member, but not actually a registered member until december of that year.

666joshy666 Posted: Dec 31st 2011

Ditto Ian ;)

Gromits little bro Posted: Jan 1st 2012

I joined in september 2007, and i do miss the old days. Even jordan doesn't seem to be around much any more, and he's like the oldest member! The beginning of 2009 was the busiest time I think (probably thanks to AMOLAD) and i remember people like thetopbun, flufflesthepoodle, crackingtoast...... and newer people like Clay Fighter seem to have gone too. I miss them, and the old days, I wish they would come back.

iantimothy Posted: Jan 1st 2012

GLB, yeah I definitely agree on the early 2009, that was a really good time for this site, lots of good animators, lots of discussion. I think there was more talk about animation, how to and people giving each other tips, and learning all at the same time, there just isn't much of that anymore.

666joshy666 Posted: Jan 2nd 2012

Well hopefully, if a new film is announced, the flock will return! :D

fluffles the poodle Posted: Jan 2nd 2012

hey,im surprised people remember me ha ha
but yeah i completely agree with you i joined late december 08 and the forum was so busy with people excited about the new film and people who were really passionate about animating and art.It does seem a lot quieter these days.I still come back from time to time and have been keeping up with the beaver creek episodes.I remember most of the people mentioned and also lozi and cracking cheese with his furball bear animation.

Gromits little bro Posted: Jan 2nd 2012

OMG HELLO FTP!!!
I couldn't agree more with you guys, I totally miss how this site used to be. I do hope they announce a new film, and that all of our old friends comeback. It's a shame they all left :(

iantimothy Posted: Jan 2nd 2012

I guess people got older, grew up and got busy. I am a lot busier, but i still try to keep up on here. I was twelve when I found this site, now i am seventeen. So it has been a few years.

Fish Posted: Jan 2nd 2012

I'd love to see the lively conversations and activity return. I've been a member since August 15, 2007. I read more than I post. I'd like to participate more. I don't know as many people now - part of the problem. The other is time, as iamtimothy and others have pointed out.

The "oldie" I miss most is SockEye Salmon - she rarely posts anymore. I get to talk with Ursrut from time to time. I also miss Cinders - and Mark the Shark. Jordan had so much info, even if he was a bit ornery now and again. (Nobody's perfect)

fluffles the poodle Posted: Jan 3rd 2012

Hi GLB :)

I agree with fish and ian time is definitely a factor,im at uni now so dont have the amount of free time i used too

Gromits little bro Posted: Jan 3rd 2012

Yeah, that's true, our lives seem to get busier and busier, and time seems to go quicker and quicker! Still, it would be nice to see them from time to time.

Ursrut Posted: Jan 6th 2012

YES! I'm still around. But I have to agree I have so much going on at the moment, If i'm not at college or doing work for it, then I'm most likely trying to figure out my future plans. It is really nice to come back onto the forum when I do get a chance though and catch up with everyone! And I really miss Sockeye too! She had such a way with words and always made me smile :)
It's good to see you Joshy and Fluffles it seems like forever since you posted on here!

cheesehead302 Posted: Jan 6th 2012

Yeah, I agree with everybody. It was more exciting when loads of peopl came here.
Now who agrees with me. There's only like 10 well known people who post about every day or so.

cheesehead302 Posted: Jan 6th 2012

This site will probably never be as active as STS just because WandG are EXTREMELY low in popularity in the U.S. But STS aired on U.S. T.V.s.

Gromits little bro Posted: Jan 7th 2012

No, that's not entirely true, the people on STS are mainly a lot younger than us, for the fact that STS was aimed at that demographic and marketed on a children's channel. Naturally, younger people are more likely to get involved in websites relating to their favourite shows. Wallace and Gromit, is aimed at a universal audience (prime time slots etc) and was initially aired when many if STS's target audiences weren't even born. Some of us, myself included, have grown up with Wallace and Gromit, and that's one of the reasons we are frequent posters on here.
Also, the Wallace and Gromit forums are mainly about animation etc, whereas the STS form are mainly based on the celeb culture we have created in the past decade or so. Personally that type of discussion board doesn't appeal to me, and that is why I'm a frequent poster here.
And yes, STS is more popular in the U.S. but I don't think that's the reason why this site isn't as busy. I think this isn't as busy because the discussion topics are more focused, and not everyone can relate to them as easily as topics about x factor, big brother, Bieber etc.....
But that's just my opinion.

GLB

kld loves wallace for eva Posted: Jan 7th 2012

yh am older but am still on shaun the sheep

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jan 7th 2012

Ditto to all that GLB said :D

cheesehead302 Posted: Jan 7th 2012

Well yeah, your, right, I don't really go on sts. but I post at least 3 times a day.

wallace05man Posted: Jan 7th 2012

i joined on christmas day 2009 on my old account. so i've been a member just over 2 years. it's gone so quickly though

Clay Fighter Posted: Jan 14th 2012

Hmm... Thought I would have been considered as an 'Oldie' by now...

Gromits little bro Posted: Jan 14th 2012

You are, you're an oldie, just not geriatric like us ;D Missed you!!

Clay Fighter Posted: Jan 14th 2012

hahaha, guess I'm one of the 'spring chicken' oldies!;)
I missed everyone here too, and felt guilty about not being on in awhile, hence my return.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.