Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » SHOW US YOUR BEST WALLACE IMPRESSION AND WIN A BOOK SIGNED BY NICK PARK!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 15 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 15.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jan 11th 2012

wg_impression_comp.jpg

To celebrate the launch of Wallace & Gromit’s new Chat-O-Matic app for iPhone and iPad, we’re looking for the best Wallace impersonator out there!

Whether you can walk the walk, talk the talk, or have a great Wallace costume – we want to hear from you! The best overall impression will win a Cracking Animation book signed by Nick Park!

Here’s how to enter:

1. Dress yourself appropriately for the part – you could download our free Wallace mask, use the Chat-O-Matic app for authentic Wallace catchphrases, or devise your own costume!

2. Make a short film of your best Wallace impression – don’t be shy now! Judges will score points for humour, originality, effort and overall likeness to Wallace.

3. Once you’re happy with your video, upload it to YouTube for the world to see! Check with your parent or guardian first if you’re under 13 – they’ll need to help you set up an account.

4. Make sure you use the phrase #chatomaticcomp in the title of your video so that we can find it when it comes to judging time!

5. The competition closes at 5pm GMT on February 11th. Good luck!

For full terms and conditions see below:
• One winner will be selected from all eligible entries to receive a signed Nick Park Cracking Animation book.
• Entries will be judged on humour, originality, effort and overall likeness to Wallace
• The competition is open from January 11th – 5pm GMT on February 13th
• Multiple entries are allowed – upload as many times as you want!
• Remember to tag your upload #chatomaticcomp so you can find your entry
• If you are 13 years of age or younger, and are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent's or legal guardian's permission prior to submitting an entry in this Contest.
• Employees of Aardman and Widebeam Digital are not eligible to take part in this contest.
• Winners will be contacted via YouTube message within 1 month of the closing date. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate winner. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Only the winners will be contacted personally. The prize must be taken as offered: there are no cash alternatives. We reserve the right to cancel the competition at any stage or to change or not to award prizes, if deemed necessary in our opinion, and if circumstances arise which are outside our control.
• Aardman have the right to use your name in advertising, marketing and promotion for the website.

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Jan 11th 2012

Wow!! Can't wait to enter!

jordan Posted: Jan 12th 2012

just had wallace talking to me on my ipad2, about this, made me jump! lol

AaronH1994 Posted: Jan 12th 2012

i wish it was free :-(

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Jan 14th 2012

do you need to create a mini play or just say a few lines? Also can you use the chat o matic app to say the phrases for you? thanks

Clay Fighter Posted: Jan 15th 2012

SMASHING!
I'm definately going to enter this one, chuck!

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jan 16th 2012

Glad to hear you like the competition, good luck everyone!

gromitsbuddyinventor - yes, you can definitely use the Chat O Matic app! It's up to you how you present it - it could be a few lines, it could a little scene - whatever you feel shows off your skills in the best way!

AardonH1994 - don't worry, the competition is free to enter! It's only if you want to use the Chat-O-Matic app that you'll need to pay 69p for it.

If you have any other questions post them below and we'll try to get back to you asap! :)

wallace05man Posted: Jan 16th 2012

you'll also need an ipod touch/iphone or an ipad obviously

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jan 25th 2012

This impression is amazing!

Looking forward to seeing some more - let us know when you've uploaded yours!

Aardeej Posted: Jan 30th 2012

That was a pretty amazing impression. Thanks for uploading that Katie.

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 1st 2012

That's a winner!!

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Feb 3rd 2012

here's my impression I made with my brother and sister!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qiFHIGSh4

wallace05man Posted: Feb 5th 2012

@gromitsbuddyinginventor
that was great!

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Feb 7th 2012

Cracking video gromitsbuddyinginventor! Has anyone else recorded an impression? Post yours here when you have! :)

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Feb 17th 2012

When will they be announcing the winner?

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.