Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » THAT IS YOU FAVORITE BOOK?

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 87 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
puppylove Posted: Jan 22nd 2012

i live in bolivia and the girls from my school are a bunch of BIRD BRAINS! NONE of them like to vread so... since i know the brittish love a nice cup of tea and a good book wich one is you favorite?mine is a comedy book called just discusting.(if your not brittish and like to read than do feel free to say whats you favorite book too).:D

puppylove Posted: Jan 26th 2012

ah come on, dont you peaple like to read?

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jan 26th 2012

i like diary of a wimpy kid
and a book called contest by matthew reilly

LoveShaun19 Posted: Jan 29th 2012

Well, I'm not British, ;) but I read all the time! My dad read a lot of classic books to me as a kid, ( No," see spot run" stuff. ;) )
Let's see, favorite books, well, I really like studying the Bible.
My favorite story books are ( not in favorites order)
I. " The Hobbit" by J. R. R. Tolkein
2. " The Theatrical tapes of Leonard Thynn" by Adrian Plass ( If you think the title is funny, you should read the book. It's hilarious!! : D)
3. " The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde" by Robert Louis Stevenson
( The book really isn't like a horror film, it's more of a mystery story.)
4. Pretty much any mystery book by Agatha Christie ( I especially like the ones with the detective Hercule Poirot, and also the ones with the mysterious detective " Mr. Quin" )
5. " A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens ( if you've ever seen any movie version of the story and liked it, you should read the book. It's ten times better, and shorter than most of Dickens' works)
6. I must confess, I still like some children's stories. :) I really like Rohld Dahl books, ( "Charlie and the Chocolate factory", "James and the giant peach", "Matilda", etc. :) ) and I still love doctor Suess, ( my favorite is " How the Grinch stole Christmas" It's so sweet! :) ).
7. Finally, I know this isn't " stories", but I really have gotten into poetry. I like the old British poets best, (Tennyson, Shelly, Hardy, Houseman etc.) Some people think that's weird, but I think sometimes older stuff is cooler. :)
Have you ( or anyone else on this discussion) read any of the books I mentioned? :D

puppylove Posted: Jan 31st 2012

OMG loveshaun19 i just asked 4 1:Dkkkkkkkk ive seen many of the movies of some of your books and know dr seusse well:D do you really read the bible?:-|its soooooooooooooooooo BIG:D

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 1st 2012

Sorry, I don't have just one favorite and I tend to be wordy! :) I'll try to restrain myself. :)
Yes, I really do like the Bible. It is long but I don't try to read it all in one day. :) I enjoy studying it, because it's God's word. It's like an instruction book for us. :) The Bible also gives an account of Jesus and the time he spent on earth, so that he could die and rise again, to give us a hope of eternal life. I'm a Christian, and I believe this is true.
Plus, if you just like good, true stories, the Bible is full of them! Romance, Action, you name it , it's got it. :) My favorite book of the Bible, is Ecclesiastes. It pretty much takes an honest look at our lives, and what we futility try to find happiness in, ( power, Money etc.) It's a little hard to understand, but it sums up with how to serve The Lord believe, in him and do his work is what life's all about. I also like Proverbs,
A lot of famous sayings are taken from the book of Proverbs. It's like " The Book of Virtues", but shorter and the sayings are easy to remember, and they apply to our lives. :)
Which of my " book movies" did you like the best? :D

puppylove Posted: Feb 1st 2012

you did it again kkkkkkkkkkkkkk :D:D i have a different kind of bible in my relegion but its pretty much the same basic principal... to learn whats beond death and decide from whats right and whats easy 8)

puppylove Posted: Feb 1st 2012

the bible is never easy to understand . chocolate factory, cristmas carol,DR seusse, i to lazy to remember or read the rest :-(|)

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 2nd 2012

I don't know, The Bible Is pretty specific in places.
Have you ever read John Chapter 3 verses 16-18?
On a side note, do you like the animated " Grinch" cartoon?
Do you care for looney Toons? :D
( That wasn't too long was it? ) ;)

puppylove Posted: Feb 2nd 2012

nope it was just right :D i like the grinch and the looneytoons but in more of a daffy duck fan than bugs bunny |-)

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 2nd 2012

Oh My goodness! I LOVE Daffy Duck! Most people love Bugs, but I think Daffy is funnier. :D His personality changed over the years in the cartoons from just plain nuts to kind of an angry/cynical act, but I like the Crazy Daffy the best. :)
(I know a lot about old comedy/cartoons) :)

puppylove Posted: Feb 2nd 2012

ME TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D i never understood why peaple prefer bugs i mean hes too mean! he was no mercy what so ever and i dont find him funny. daffy on the other hand hes just more original i use to love this really old program he use to be in called duck dogers.;);)

1flyingdog Posted: Feb 4th 2012

I like diary of a wimpy kid!! and I am from the USA!

iantimothy Posted: Feb 4th 2012

The bible can be really easy to understand, or really hard to understand, because it is not like it is one book but 73 different books, most by different authors with different styles and conveying different messages.
My two favorite in the bible is Luke's gospel and Acts, both are really very straightforward.

puppylove Posted: Feb 5th 2012

hey guys! have you ever read a seies called rangers apprentice? its AWESOME! im already in the 5th book out of 8! there should be a movie for that book! it IS a new york times best seller!!! :D:D:D

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 6th 2012

Yeah, Iantimothy, I like Acts and Luke too. I also really like the book of John.

w&gfan75 Posted: Feb 15th 2012

looney tunes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and my fav. book is green eggs and ham,:-(|):-(|):-(|):-(|):-(|)0:)0:)0:)0:)0:)>:-)>:-)>:-):D:D:D a classic

Rhian38 Posted: Feb 16th 2012

Harry potter series whooooo I might be going to the Harry potter studios in June!!!!!!!!

puppylove Posted: Feb 16th 2012

im going to the harry potter national park in june! and loney toons isnt a book w&tgfan75:-| your name is hard to write :-|:-|

w&gfan75 Posted: Feb 16th 2012

puppylove i know i was saying that because you and loveshaun19 were talking about because i love classic animation. but thats okay no hard feelings

Banjo Boy Posted: Feb 17th 2012

I'm a bit of a book expert. I'll try to name just a few here... in order of favorite down to tenth favorite.
1. The Missing, book 1: Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix
2. The 39 Clues, book 10: Into the Gauntlet by Margaret Peterson Haddix
3. Island, book 3: Escape by Gordon Korman
4. Cahills Vs. Vespers, book 1: The Medusa Plot by Gordon Korman
5. The Genius Files, book 2: Never Say Genius by Dan Gutman
6. The Talent Show by Dan Gutman
7. Bone, book 1: Out From Boneville by Jeff Smith
8. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
9. Copper by Kazu Kibuishi
10. The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
This just barely scratches the surface of the amazing books I've read. Hope you'll check some out!

sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Feb 17th 2012

I read Shakespeare, it's really interesting in the play antony and cleopatra, I am at the part when antony marries the lovely Octavia, I recently started a winter's tale, and I just finished romeo and Juliet, hamlet and the tempest

puppylove Posted: Feb 17th 2012

... BORINGim just kidding

Oh...:'(

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 17th 2012

Shakespeare is cool! :D I haven't read all of it yet, but I like "Hamlet". I also like "Julius Ceaser" I've read more of Shakespeares poems than stories. I like " The quality of mercy" from the Mechant of Venice. ( I also like that story too, I read a shortened version of it in grade school.)

Thanks loveshaun19, for anyone who has to do a report there are versions that translat Shakespeare plays and anyone can understand ;)

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 17th 2012

banjoboy hav u read all the diary of a wimpy kid books

puppylove Posted: Feb 17th 2012

i was kidding! i read almost all the shakespear stories. it not to bad. i even made a playon that summer dream one :D

Oh, do you read the ones that are easy to understand (like no fear Shakespeare) or plain old Shakespeare?

EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 18th 2012

I am a total book nut: also, I tend to reread books that I really like multiple times over. My favorites include:

The Bible

The "Redwall" series by Brian Jacques

The "Calvin and Hobbes" collections by Bill Watterson

Any book by James Herriot

The "Sherlock Holmes" mysteries, both the ones by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the lesser known ones by his son Adrian Doyle

Any book by Agatha Christie

The original "Sacred Diary" trilogy ("The Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass", "The Horizontal Epistles of Andromeda Veal", "The Theatrical Tapes of Leonard Thynn") by Adrian Plass

"Watership Down" by Richard Adams

"The King With Six Friends" by Jay Williams

Most anything by Dorothy L. Sayers

"The Chronicles of Narnia" By C. S. Lewis

"Snickers From the Front Pew" by Todd and Jedd Hafer

puppylove Posted: Feb 19th 2012

my god! why haven't i ever heard about all the books you luvvy brittish love. of books that are not brittist! i read a book on shakespears stories on 7th grade. it was many of his stories like romeo and juliet, hamlet that summer dream one etc

The Return of CrackingToast Posted: Feb 24th 2012

I'm British (Welsh specifically), and when I was younger I utterly loved Roald Dahl's books. I must have read all of them. They were just brilliant and so utterly inspiring to me. The imagery in them really helped fuel my imagination. My favourite is probably The BFG.

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 24th 2012

I like "James and the Giant peach" the best out of the ones I've read. I love all his poems. :)

The Return of CrackingToast Posted: Feb 24th 2012

Oh, his poems are brilliant, aren't they?

Banjo Boy Posted: Feb 24th 2012

Sorry I'm late answering your question, Mr. Technotrousers. Yes, I have, and I've seen both of the movies. I also read the behind-the-scenes movie diary.

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 24th 2012

i saw the films and hav read all the books too
but i haven't read the behind the scenes movie diary book

what did u think of the latest one: cabin fever? did u like it? i did:D

sheep13000000013 Posted: Feb 25th 2012

I love reading,im more or less read daily,(it help me to sleep)

I have to say i dont have a Favorite book, but i do love Harry potter,The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and dirk gently,the hunger games and a lot more.

Banjo Boy Posted: Feb 25th 2012

Hey, Mr. Techno Trousers. I definitely think that Cabin Fever was a lot better than The Ugly Truth. It doesn't beat the first four, however.

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 25th 2012

i agree

wallace05man Posted: Feb 26th 2012

it's rude to question people:'(

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 26th 2012

??? what do u mean?

puppylove Posted: Feb 26th 2012

i dont think whey are questioning anybody, just dicusting wallace05man ps: r u ok? i mean, you seem a little sensetive lately :/ i dont want to offend, just curiouse. its ok if u dont wanna talk about it :)

wallace05man Posted: Feb 27th 2012

no, i was joking.  my favourite books are Diary Of A Wimpy Kid, Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, and The London Eye Mystery

Banjo Boy Posted: Feb 27th 2012

I also love the Diamond Brothers mystery series by Anthony Horowitz.

cheesehead302 Posted: Feb 27th 2012

Well, I do have to say, from about kindergarden to 4th grade I mannaged to finish 4 or 5 complete series of books. Then in 5th grade I like read none. See, the problem is, I HAVE to read something enertaining. If it's not enertaing, I ussualy read a little and let it sit there for a while. I just ran out of enertaining books to read, really. All the books in the school are old like 30-40 years back. (P.S. So are the teachers)

puppylove Posted: Feb 28th 2012

im in/was in a very similar situation as u cheesehead:) but unfortinally, in your life, your just gonna have to read boring books por example i had to read this book for spanish called the hojarasca and.... I HATE IT SO VERY MUCH! it completely BORING! but i still had to read it:-( my teacher just didnt care about all our conplains. i hate that:-(

puppylove Posted: Feb 28th 2012

i like wimpy kid now. i just starded reading it and its really FUN! :D i also like this collection of books called rangers apprentice that is ALSO a new york times best seller:D im on book 6 now from 8.

puppylove Posted: Mar 7th 2012

hey does anyone like the book coraline??? its so cool!

sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Apr 1st 2012

i love coraline i like it alot! Creepy though!

puppylove Posted: Apr 1st 2012

yep

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.