Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » RELIGION

Oldest
Previous
1 23456
There are 295 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
puppylove Posted: Feb 8th 2012

i kinnah was discusting relegion on another threat that had NOTHING to do with it so...
ill do it here!:) if you have a relegion tell me about it! if you dont belive in god also tell me! share your thoughts on whats beond death but if you are racist on others relegions... i ask of you not to poste cause things could get ugly. trust me. personal family expirience:-(

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 8th 2012

thanks 4 starting a new discussion for that

however i believe what u said could come across as racist and i still hav that view

puppylove Posted: Feb 8th 2012

no you dont anymore ;) and you know why:D

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 9th 2012

There's nothing religious about race. Posting something about a religion couldn't be viewed as racist, but could be seen as religious hatred. Sometimes, for example, Jewish people are a race, because they descend from the original Jews, but often they do not follow the religion. Personally, I believe that we can all live together with different beliefs, and although I'm a Christian, I'm not gonna go around bible bashing and telling others that their beliefs are wrong (and I'm not saying they are wrong). I think we should all try and live harmoniously.

Nathan M Posted: Feb 9th 2012

I am agnostic and not part of any religion

puppylove Posted: Feb 9th 2012

i agree glb0:)what i meant by racist is that some peaple are rasist with others religions and they dont accept it. and nathan m, agnostic means you dont have a reiegion but believe in got or does it mean you dont belive in got at all?

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 9th 2012

i don't hav that view anymore so there is no problem

i posted that before u explained

i know;)

back to the discussion... do you like a relegion but you family dosent let you assis it maybe?

i am christian
however i am not a very religious person

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 9th 2012

I am a Christian too.
Mrtechnotrousers, I'm curious, what did you mean by " However, I'm am not a very religious person"?

as in i do not always read the bible and go to church but i am christian
if u get what i mean i am christian and hav christian beliefs however i don't really pray much or anything like that

or im not really involved in any religious practices or other stuff like that

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 9th 2012

Do you not like church? I'm not critisizing you, I was just wondering the reason for some of your actions. I don't think I could not pray. It helps so much.

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 10th 2012

I hate church. The people at the last two I went to were horrible, it's really put me off.

puppylove Posted: Feb 10th 2012

i undersand what you mean glb hey tell me, r u cristian like mrtecnotrousers that dosent go to chuch much or pray? or do you have a different relegion like me?

Nathan M Posted: Feb 10th 2012

I am agnostic so i am not sure whether god is real or not

Theist - believing in god
Agnostic - not sure whether god exists or not
Atheist - Not believing in god

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 10th 2012

i'm Christian and I pray, but I dont go to church.

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 10th 2012

I'm a Christian and I go to Church, but I know that people sometimes gaet burnt out with church from time to time. Getting together with beleivers is one of the commands in the Bible,but it is not essential for salvation. I beleive that, personally, it is a good Idea to get together with other Christians for like a Bible Study or something, because it does help you having positive influences around you. However, a lot of people complicate things and establish too many rules. I read something once that said, keep it simple, because the Gospel is already simple, that way everyone can understand. Jesus came to earth, died, and rose again, so that if we beleive this, and beleive he is God, we can have eternal life in heaven. That is what Christianity beleives. Now, if you are a Christian, you will try to live as good as you can, but good works won't save you. a Christian comedian said once, " that's what I like about Christianity, it takes you in spite of yourself" Jesus said," No one comes to the father ( God) except through me". at the root of it church ( even though I like my church), and rules aside, this is all you need to belive for salvation. That's why I'm a Christian and I love Jesus for what he did for me. To me, it makes sense that the way of salvation is easy to understand, because if it were complicated, how could it be offered to everyone? I'd love to try to answer any questions some of you might have about Christianity, no matter how small, if I can. :) ( not saying that I'm a great theological scholor or anything, I'm just offering what I do know) :)

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 10th 2012

it's not that i don't like church i just don't find it very exciting

however my nan is quite deeply religious and is always helping out and going to church

wallace05man Posted: Feb 10th 2012

i'm an atheist

nice

my friend's an aethiest

wow wallace05 man, i never belived you as athestic:O in my relegion, we dont have to study the "bible" we read it to learn but we dont beleve like reading 30 pager per day or something is gonna save you. also, we know there is alot more evil than good in the world very unfortinally :-( to us, if your are a person that has alot of anger,gelousy,unforgiveness,bully,heartless, sadness, well you go to "the bad place". to us, we say that earth is a place for you to learn about what is right. you suffer to learn , things happen to you so you can learn from them. you might think that your pain is alway bigger than other wich is very common but is not. unlighted spirits( those who wonder earth or are in a "the bad place" situation) are suffering much more por example if you kill yourself, when you wake up you will still feel much pain,you will feel the insects eating your body and other things. there is so much i can say but i dont wanna make it to long so you wont be lazy to read like i usaly am

wallace05man, what do you beleve in if its not god? all that is science maybe?

wallace05man Posted: Feb 10th 2012

no-one knows how the world was made, i just don't believe that it was god.

fair enough

well, i dont belive in that "god made the world in 6 days and in the 7th re rested" baloney either, but i do belive in him. to me, the world was made by the big bang and pereod

i believe in god however im not sure whether i believe he created EVERYTHING!

give me an example of what you think he didnt create mrtecnotrousers

im not saying he didn't create it but i mainly mean the world

I'm not trying to be critical, but to me, God creating the world seems a lot more plausible than a random explosion.

im not really sure wen it comes to that

ill explain what i beleve from the big bang and god: the big bang wasnt a random explosion, it was a humongouse amount of gas, water and some third substance i dont remember.for billions and billiong of years, that gigantic "cloud"'s substancies where pressed tightly against eachother causing an explosion called the big bang.they where all very small particles. i think what god created was the big bang itself

Still, there are some scientific discrepancies ( sorry for the big words, I mean that scientifically it's not all that correct) in the big Bang theory. If I'm going to beleive that God created the world, I beleive He did it the way he said He did. I beleive in the creation story, because I'm a Christian and it's part of what we beleive, but even if I were not a Christian, I would beleive in God creating the world the way it says in the Bible because of out of all the stories of how the world was created, that one makes the most sense to me.

well beive what you think is right loveshaun19. like in by "church" we say: when you die, jesus will not ask your relegion.he will asked what you beleve in and what did you do in life

Um maybe you misunderstood me. I don't want to offend anyone, but the Bible states that you have to beleive that Jesus is God, that He came to earth, Died, rose again, and is still God today to get into heaven. When you do that, you become a Christian That is the basic belief of Christians There is only one way. It is important what you beleive. Good works do not get you into heaven.

wallace05man Posted: Feb 11th 2012

i'm not trying to be rude, but is there scientific proof that god existed?

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 11th 2012

No, but there's also no scientific proof for some scientific theories. They are called theories because that's all they are. So if there is no proof for either, why can't any be equally valid without getting criticised? Yes, the universe is expanding, but no one knows what causes this phenomena, the big bang is just one theory to explain this, and how we were created.

Nathan M Posted: Feb 11th 2012

I believe that science maybe created everything and the big bang definably has more proof and realistic, however I think that it is weird how we are humans.. someone must have like created us or or designed us or something. There must be a reason why humans are so developed like having eyes to see, legs to walk, arms and mouths to speak... something major must have happened so this is why I am not sure whether god is real or not.

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 11th 2012

In response to Wallace05man, A lot of people have asked that question and I've thought about that question to and how to answer it. So this is how I've( and others) have thought it out.
There's a famous Christian comedian who once said that he didn't want a God that he could fully understand. I was a bit confused by this at first, but then he went on to explain something that I'd never thought of before. He said that if God was within the understanding of his thought capacity, he couldn't be all that great, considering that he ( the comedian) wasn't the smartest guy in the world. To him, the fact that God was beyond his comprehension was proof that there was a God, who was greater than him.

So, I don't know if there is " scientific" proof that God exists, but to me, I don't find that strictly necessary. If my God is someone I can understand completely, then that means He's no better than me. People always say that because in Christianity there are a couple of things that Christians can't explain fully/scientifically, that it must not be true or people must have just made it up. To me the fact that I can't fully explain everything proves to me that it is true. Sceince, after all, is a human way of learnig or discovering things that we didn't know before. At some point, Christianity can't be explained with science. Does that mean that Christianity is disproved or false? No, It is behond the grasp of science. If I understood exactly how Jesus rose again after he died, How would it be a miricle? If I understood everything about the Trinity ( God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit are one) how am I not greater than God? If I were albe to have answers for everything in my faith, I would be suspicious that it was just a made-up story, or , put a different way something that I could have made up myself. The unexplained aspects of Christianity ( by the worlds standards) are to me the best proof that it is true, or that God exists.
However, if we are going to rely on science, My point would be, look at the complexity of a human body, or just a strand of DNA. Humans only started to discover the importance or existence of DNA in recent times. Now humans didn't invent DNA, they could only discover it. DNA is so complex it marvels the mind. However take the whole human body, and think that something created that all at once. To me , that is proof that something more intelligent than us had to create us. ( God)
One final point on the scientific existence of God ( and I'm not trying to be rude either I'm just stating my beliefs), Before we discovered DNA, or the planets, or before Columbus discovered America, before it was proven with " scientific" evidence, did all these things exist? Imagine this scenario If Columbus, ( or anybody ) never discovered America, If no one ever went to America and proved there was more out there, would that mean that America did not exist?

Banjo Boy Posted: Feb 11th 2012

I'm a Christian, too, and I think LoveShaun19 is right. I can't add to much she's said; she's presented her facts very well. If you have any questions, ask me too. I'm also available on Shaun the Sheep, if you'd rather ask me there.

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 11th 2012

loveshaun can u write a bit less next time?
i prefer to read shorter messages or at least in smaller sections so i don't hav 2 read it all at the same time
but i understand ur view

Sorry, If I was better with words I could be shorter. I just wanted to be sure I presented my view thouroughly. I'll try to make it easier to read next time.

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 11th 2012

ok thanks

puppylove Posted: Feb 11th 2012

to my beleves loveshaun19, goodness and pureness are the only things that coud get you into the heaven we call our home, accualy there is many types of heaven in our relegion and many tipes of "the bad place that they consider swearing in the site" that we call umbral.to us, you dont stay in the umbral forever,just the exact nececary amount of time you have to "pay" suffering there.there are many levels and you are putted in the exact level that your suppoise to be in.to us, the discription is not that that fiery place with little demons,its a cold,black,lightless,heartless,muddy place that you feel hungry and alone.

puppylove Posted: Feb 11th 2012

and wallace05man,theres is a saying that is like this:sometimes seeing is beleving,and sometimes,the most real things in the world are the ones we cant see8)0:)

Well I'm sorry puppylove, but I beleive that " The bad place" ( which, like you said, we can't say) is where you go if you don't beleive in Jesus and what he did. In the Bible it says it's eternal punishment, not temporary. In the Bible the discription is " lake of Fire", but the real thing that makes it " you know what" is eternal seperation from God.

puppylove Posted: Feb 12th 2012

well that the thing with bibles, there not the same.and peaple say that "man" has changed things in the bible buring time to wwin and get things por example there is a thing that peaple lie about giving money to get a house in heaven and i dont belive that baloney cause our home is not earth, theres no money there. you can only earn a house with years and years of helping with diverse things and stuff but like i said... this is a debate and i respect the fact that the bad place is eternal and you HAVE to belive in god or else...

iantimothy Posted: Feb 12th 2012

Oooh, I like this thread already! 0:)

I am going to respond, but first, Puppylove, may I ask what particular faith tradition you come from?

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 12th 2012

I believ what loveshaun believes. That you cannot get to heaven through merit and good deeds, you have to go through Jesus, who died for our sins so we could have eternal life. The other placeis where you go if you have not been saved through Jesus.

P.s. does anyone else think its stupid how we can't say shell minus the s?

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.