GENERAL CHAT » RELIGION

There are 295 messages in total. Showing messages 51 to 100.
wallace05man Posted: Feb 12th 2012

i know! people don't use helll as a swear word, sometimes you need that word for what you're saying to make sence

puppylove Posted: Feb 12th 2012

yes,and for those who wonder, i am a carthesist:)

iantimothy Posted: Feb 12th 2012

What is a carthesist? I have never heard of that.

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 12th 2012

Well, gromits little bro, people missuse the word so, I understand the site not allowing it.

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 12th 2012

i hav never heard of carthesist either
can u explain?

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 13th 2012

I have never ever heard of that before.

wallace05man Posted: Feb 13th 2012

according to google, there is no such thing as carthesist

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 13th 2012

Nope I couldn't find it either.

puppylove Posted: Feb 13th 2012

its not very common.the relegion was first discovered by the french but when it was brought to brasil, it was more used there. my religion is also called spiritualism. the mediums(peaple who have a spesific contact with spirits like hiring and seeing what they do)help this spirits that are unlighted to learn and not suffer much.now, i know what your probably thinking: THATS VOODOO!!! well its not.voodoo only brings bad things to you, we help and dont get "involved" with bad things.but the help we give, is from the lighted spirits which you probably know as "angels".its the basic same thing but we use different terms and have little bit of a different definition.if you have any other spesific questions of my believes(its alot of information reason why i dont write everything) go ahead and ask, ill try to anser:D

Banjo Boy Posted: Feb 13th 2012

I have a few questions. What are some of your guidelines? Is there a book or something like that containing those guidelines? And do you know what the names are of some of these spirits? I want to understand more about your religion.

puppylove Posted: Feb 13th 2012

what do you mean by guidelines? like "bibles"? yeah, we do. theres like 5 or 6 different books. the jug who wrote them is called bisera de meneses(its portuguise) the ones i remember now are heaven and "the bad place" and the book of mediums

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 14th 2012

The guy who wrote these books, did he come up with this religion?

puppylove Posted: Feb 14th 2012

well... i think no. im not shure but i dont think so.. not the relegion itself but the knowledge of th religion. he learend everything about the relegion and wrote the books:) hope it helped

But, I guess what I'm asking is what did he learn; what did he learn from?

puppylove Posted: Feb 14th 2012

everything about espiritism. by personal expiriencies and others exiriencies:)

Was there ever a definite start to you religion, or was it kind of built upon hear-say experiences?

puppylove Posted: Feb 15th 2012

i dont know that much about the history of spiritism... but ill try to ask our "mentor" (hes kinnah like our "priest: or our centro espirita )

Banjo Boy Posted: Feb 15th 2012

Do you have a website or something that explains this religion in detail?

puppylove Posted: Feb 15th 2012

not that i know of:-( sorry

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 15th 2012

Puppylove, I don't mean to get too personal, and I'm certainly not trying to be offensive, but I just have a question.
Do you ever have doubts about following your religion because there is not much info or on it? Or because it seems to change with different reports of peoples experiences, or rely on a lot of different spirits? No offense, but that dosen't seem like a reliable source to me, or put another way, that dosen't seem like something I could follow 'cause it dosen't involve personal experience. Does that ever concern you?
Did you just grow up with this? Like, how did you decide this is what you beleive?
Like I said, I'm in no way trying to be offensive, I just wonder 'cause I would ask myself those questions about a religion like this. ( Cartheism?)

sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Feb 16th 2012

I am a christian and I enjoy it very much

puppylove Posted: Feb 16th 2012

the relegion has alot of information on ti,we have palestras and we learn many things. just cause its not common dosent mean i dont belive it. im still learning.at least i have something to belive in. many peaple say that their cristian or catholic but they dont go to church and do many wrong things.that not being in a religion.i really belive in my religion cause i think its the truth.i personally hate church the palestras of church. i dint belive it and i didnt like it. so my mom is espirita so i went there, liked it and i belive it.:-|

Banjo Boy Posted: Feb 16th 2012

I see where you're coming from, puppylove. Let me ask you this: Do you dislike Christianity?

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 16th 2012

i understand but just because i don't go to church doesn't mean i am not a christian

im not racist but i just dont like it. i have my personal reasons but i dont wanna talk about it

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 16th 2012

Puppylove, Christianity isn't a race.

???

was that a joke?:-||-)

evastar7 Posted: Feb 16th 2012

i argree on him there Christianity isn't a race,there is a big difference,

i also wanted to say some things that i got cleared out of. the name of the guy that discovered espiritism is called alan cardec. bisera e meneses is another person.and it was 1st discoverd if im correct in 1857. if you wanna find out more maybe try googleing him

w&gfan75 Posted: Feb 16th 2012

Anglican but i plain on switching to catholic faith in a year or 2

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 16th 2012

I meant no offense Puppylove, I just wondered more about the religion and how you decide that;s what you beleive. About Christians doing wrong things, that is a commonly confused thing about our faith. People say, " well, your a Christian but you still do wrong things so your a hypocrite." I agree, people shouldn't do wrong things,but the thing about Christianity, is it acceprts you no matter who you are. Like I said before Good works can't get you into heaven, otherwise not everybody could have the chance to go. The main thing about Christianity is beleiving in Jesus and what he did. Christians are trying to be like Christ, and do what they know Jesus would have them to do like it says in the Bible. No one is ever perfect. The thing about Christianity, is we have to be able to admit, " we're messed up.". But, as a famous Christian comedian once said, " That's why I like Christianity, the faith where God looks at humans and says " you stink..........but come on in anyways." :D He loves us no matter who we are or where we come from. Christians are not perfect, and we know it. That's why we're so grateful to Jesus for giving us the chance of salvation, because we know we could never make it on our own 'cause we can never be perfect, but we are perfectly forgiven:) because Yes, once we accept Jesus we should try to be Better than we were. We shouldn't just say, " he forgives me no matter what so I'll just do whatever I want." We should act out of our love for Jesus.

Puppylove, I know you don't like church, and some people don't. God does tell us to get together and worship in the Bible, but that is not neccessary to our salvation. Christianity is a personal relationship between you and God. You don't have to follow anybodys rules exceprt what God gives us in the Bible. Yes, we do go and listen to our pastors, and they are good teachers, but you decide yourself between you and God about what you should do. We don't fully rely on the Pastors. It's a very Personal faith, so you don't neccessarily have to like church. You just have to have a relationship with Jesus.

I hope that better explains things. :)

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 17th 2012

No it wasn't a joke. A race is defined by "geographic ancestry, physical appearance, and ethnicity." not religion.

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 17th 2012

yes but racism exists between different religions

puppylove Posted: Feb 17th 2012

exacly like my family... personal :-| im not mad at you loveshaun19 its cause to us, theres 75% of non ewvoluated spirits and only 25% of good. yes its a very sad thing but is true cause man kind is selfish and greedy. we always think our pain is the biggest and its not. is like god says: ill do my part but you have to do your too. i never said god didnt accept us all i said that he gives us the"punishment" we deserve to learn. if we learn from our mistakes and want to inproove and evoluate our spirit god gives us a second chance so we ingured,starved souls in the umbral get our 2nd chance to learn and evoluate when the lighted spirits bring us to our home. theres a brasilian movie abou it if you can find it in america but i dought it. maybe you can buy it in amazon. its a very good movie that teaches you about what comes after death based on a true story. you should all try to find it it amazon and see it to understand my religions believes . if you want of corse.:D its not gonna give you harm.

iantimothy Posted: Feb 17th 2012

LoveShaun, I know this is a common way of thinking but there is sort of a problem in your theology. You said that all you have to have is faith to get to heaven, whicch according to tradition and the bible is not true. That would mean that all you have to do is believe in Jesus to get to heaven.

The bible doesn't support that claim that all you need to do is believe. This is from the second chapter of James " What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?" and then it continues " In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."

and then there is Mathew 25, when jesus is saying who will not get into heaven he bases that on how good of a person you are.

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

That is not saying those who don't believe will not go to heaven but those who don't do good works. It is assumed that they have faith, they even call him "Lord" so they believe in him, but they did not do works.

Yes! faith is important, but not the only thing. I like the example that you cannot be an unrepentant serial killer who knows what he does is wrong, he doesn't care... But he still believes in Jesus, that doesnt work.

And I would also like to ask, do you believe in Once saved always saved?
That means once you accept Jesus Christ and your personal Lord and savior you can never lose your salvation no matter what you do because you are always forgiven? That belief goes hand in hand with the ones above usually.

now about being perfect... no one is but our job in earth is forgive, forguet, learn and be the best peaple we can that what i meant good deeds. good deeds to yourself and others. share your peace with others and help a person that needs it. ignore peaple who critisise you cause you know thats right. insted of hating a person be their friend, give them a hand dont yell and scream.be charitable, be helpful cause thats what god wants from us, to bring good to the earth and to others. you will always have your 2nd chance to evoluate and inproove you the3 problem is.. peaple just dont take that chance or they dont want to take it or they dont see it when it spits on their shoes.|-) that was inspiering ;)

I apologize for the long apology (apology can also mean- a defense, excuse, or justification in speech or writing, as for a cause or doctrine.)

And about being, perfect, Where did you get the idea we don't have to be perfect to get to heaven? In Matthew Jesus himself says "be perfect, even as your heavenly Father is perfect."
In revelation it says " Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life."
So that sounds like you have to be pretty perfect to get to Heaven.

And if we aren't perfect by the time we die, that is where purgatory comes in...
Now i know everybody is going to say "You stupid Catholic and your made up beliefs."

First of all purgatory is very much rooted in scripture, every christian for the first 1500 years believed it, and it lets us if we are not perfect, by the time we die get into heaven through purification.
“if any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

And then Jesus says this "and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny." If we are in heaven we have no need to pay, and if we are in "gehenna" then we have no chance of getting out, so that is purgatory.

This gives us the hope that if we are not perfect at the time of our death, that we may become so through purification "but only as through fire"

dude. we are human. perfection is impossible.IMPOSSIBLE.if the human being was perfect we wound be here. god made us imperfect for a reason. the only imperfect thing on the history of existence is god. and ill tell you another reason why i dont like some catholic things. in the accient times, many peaple in church tricked people in to paying for forgiveness and other things, they used god's name for authority and others. gotta go cause bell ranged in my school. ill finish later.

I am not saying people can be perfect, which is false, but what we must do is try to be as perfect as we can in this life. we are only perfect when we are in heaven. And even then not in the same way as God is.
But to just think that we can never be perfect leads into excuses for not trying to be perfect.

and "dude" the Catholic Church is 2000 years old, that is older than any organization in history, yeah! we have messed up a couple times, but everything was on a level of discipline, not actual teaching. Some "individual priests" made people pay for indulgences and confession but they weren't supposed to do that, and they were not allowed to do that.
And yes we do use God's name for authority, "on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
We believe when jesus said this that he gave authority to the Church through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

I am not saying that anyone here has to believe any of this, or that I am impossing beliefs upon anyone, i am just explaining the teachings of the Catholic Church.

Banjo Boy Posted: Feb 17th 2012

For iamtimothy: You are right in saying that no imperfection is allowed in heaven. That's why we ask God to forgive our sins. He forgets them completely, and we are cleansed. But if we commit the same sins over and over again, or if we keep sinning, eventually God will stop forgiving you, because He knows that you're not sincere about asking for forgiveness. But if we stop sinning, God will enter us into heaven. Sure, even as Christians we'll sin sometimes. But when we recognize that and truly ask God for forgiveness, we're forgiven. Acts 16:31 says, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved." That's all there is to it.
Now, as for your earlier post about kind of "unbecoming" a Christian, I believe that you can walk away from God and live a life of sin, even though you asked Jesus into your heart at one point. This goes with what I said before about sinning, and since there's no imperfection in heaven, your name can be blotted out from the Book of Life. Please understand that this is what I believe. Not all Christians think this.
One last thing: I believe that if we truly believe in Jesus, we'll go to heaven. It doesn't matter if you're Protestant like me, or if you're Catholic, like you. If we believe that Jesus is the only way to eternal life in heaven, then we'll go there. Simple as that.

banjo boy, I really like the way you think! While i believe in the Sacraments of the Catholic Church, i really like what you are saying, most protestants don't think like that.

The only problem, i see is that you said, eventually God will stop forgiving you, I don't think that is right because as long as you are truly repentant (and for a Catholic, go to confession) then God will always forgive you.

I think a better way to phrase what I think you might be trying to say is the the more we sin the less repentant we become and eventually we will not care that we are sinning, in which case we are not sorry and we will not be forgiven.
Correct me if I am wrong there. But I think forgiveness is always an option as long as you accept it. That is truly the unforgivable sin, not believing you can be forgiven.

sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Feb 17th 2012

I am starting to like you, loveshaun19!you are speaking the truth!

I don't understand, though, what he/she is saying contradicts scripture right and left.

EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 17th 2012

As far as context goes, it's ok to say the name of the place of eternal condemnation when you're talking about it as such, but the reason Aardman won't let us do it here is that they don't want to allow people the ability to use it as a swear word (oh h---, or to h--- with that, etc.)

That being said, I am a Protestant Christian myself and I agree with LoveShaun. The key to reaching heaven is to (first of all) admit you are not and will never be perfect - that even if you're a "good person", you have messed up and still will mess up, and you need Jesus in your life to clean it up. "For ALL have sinned, and fall short of the Glory of God" (Romans 3:23). That means EVERYBODY, no exceptions.

To be saved, you need to believe that Jesus is who he claimed to be, and you also need to ask him to be your Savior. If all have fallen short, that means there is nothing human beings can possibly do on their own to reach Heaven, and that by rights we should all pay the penalty. "For the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23)". Again, that means everyone who has sinned, which, according to the prievious reference, is all of us.

However, there is still hope; Jesus accepted the penalty on Himself by dying for our sins; in that terrible hour of his crucifixion, God placed the burden of every sin that has been and will be on Him, which is why in His torment He cried out "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? (Mark 15:34), and, in the instant before he died, he said that wonderful phrase "It is finished (John 19:30). It WAS finished there; by rising to life again (the last few chapters of Matthew, Mark , Luke, or John) He proved that not only was He God incarnate but also that death (as in the eternal "wages of sin" death) had been beaten by Him. So long as we accept this truth, and ask Jesus to be the one to forgive us and be our Savior, we will be saved (Romans 10:9 paraphrased).

As to the Good works, that is just common sense. For example, if you are in a relationship with someone you truly and honestly love with your heart, would you not want to show that to them and the world? If you had found a cure to the deadliest disease, wouldn't you want to let others in on it? That's where good works (feeding the hungry, sheltering the unsheltered, sharing the Gospel) comes in; if you truly believe in Jesus and want Him in your heart as your Savior, you should WANT to do these things to honor Him, and show his love to others. That is why we should go "and make disciples of ALL NATIONS" (Matthew 28:19 - 20), and why James says "Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead" (James 2:17). Anyone who has true faith and love should, by rules of simple common sense, want to let others in on it. This is part of striving to be perfect, but, being imperfect creatures, we will not fully achieve that until we reach heaven, where there is no more sin.

And that, BTW, is what LoveShaun meant; it does not contradict Scripture, as the references given here show . (She's a good real life friend of mine and that's how I know. I'm really glad she got me in on this because it's a good opportunity to share and witness to others).

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.