Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » HOW OLD IS WALLACE? DEBATE.

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 54 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
samuelhayward Posted: Feb 10th 2012

How old do you think Wallace is?

puppylove Posted: Feb 10th 2012

i think hes like 45 he dosent seem to old to me;)

Nathan M Posted: Feb 11th 2012

65 I think

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 11th 2012

65!!!!
i would say more 40's

puppylove Posted: Feb 11th 2012

OMG! you guys think pore wallace is THAT OLD?? your mean.

Clay Fighter Posted: Feb 12th 2012

When I first saw the title I also thought 65 in general.

Personally I think he is ageless, as is anyone else in the world of Wallace and Gromit.

lukehayward 1 Posted: Feb 12th 2012

I think that he is 46

AaronH1994 Posted: Feb 12th 2012

Cant believe Peter Sallis is 91 but i think wallace is about 40 :)

puppylove Posted: Feb 12th 2012

me too. think about it. if wallace was THAT old, he wount be as capable of so many things. plus he wount fall inlove so offen.

harryboy8080 Posted: Feb 12th 2012

I believe Wallace is in his 60s. Many people that age are eccentric, like my grandparents.

but many peaple in the 60's only think about what day are they gonna die! and they smell like sheese!

My Grandparents try to live every day like it's their last. Besides, EVERYONE dies.

what i meant is that a person when they get 60 or older they get grunty,slow and conplain about everything and wallace isnt and will never be like that

Nick Park, HIMSELF, said Wallace was around 50 or older in an interview.

HE DID? well.. even thought, i think its about the personals fan point of view and not the director's. por example j k rowling herself said that dumbledor himself is "homosexual" but i dont belive that

samuelhayward Posted: Feb 12th 2012

Sometimes, ageless characters are better, as it leaves the audience to make their own mind up, this makes everyone think about w&g in their own special way. In other words, each viewer can personalize the character's character to how they view themselves. If that makes sense

hm. well sair sir:D

said

samuelhayward Posted: Feb 13th 2012

wonder how old gromit is

evastar7 Posted: Feb 13th 2012

i think 45 or something.

puppylove Posted: Feb 13th 2012

gromit is like 6 or 7 in doggy years to me!:Dso in human years, hes probably like 42 to 49:D

w&gfan75 Posted: Feb 13th 2012

yianni Posted: Feb 14th 2012

I agree they're ageless

yianni Posted: Feb 14th 2012

how old do you think hutch or shaun is

samuelhayward Posted: Feb 14th 2012

shaun= 10 (sheep years!) hutch= probably 5.(rabbit years)

puppylove Posted: Feb 14th 2012

i think its the oposite :D well kinnah:-|

Roosterlee Posted: Feb 14th 2012

I'd say probably in his 40's or 50's! :)

puppylove Posted: Feb 14th 2012

who exacly? peaple kinnah changed peaple so...?

samuelhayward Posted: Feb 15th 2012

If I did have to pin him down as an age then I would say he was approximately 45-50, maybe even 55 sorry wallace. though in a grand day out I would have said he looks older than he does in a matter of loaf and death.

puppylove Posted: Feb 15th 2012

i dont think so but ok

sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Feb 16th 2012

Probaly in his 40's

samuelhayward Posted: Feb 17th 2012

I would say he's the same age as Wendeline, and she looks about 40. But if her and wallace fall in love then he can't be that old.

puppylove Posted: Feb 17th 2012

EXALCLY:D

w&gfan75 Posted: Feb 25th 2012

The Return of CrackingToast Posted: Mar 8th 2012

It depends really. The films are all set in the 1960's, so they would all happen within the same couple of years so i'd say Wallace is maybe in his late 50's/early 60's.

The Return of CrackingToast Posted: Mar 8th 2012

Puppylove, do you mind telling us why you don't think Dumbledore is gay?

sinderella Posted: Mar 10th 2012

iantimothy Posted: Mar 10th 2012

maybe I am not remembering right, but I am pretty sure I have heard somewhere that Nick Park said wallace is in his mid 40s .

I always thought the films were set in the late 50s. So Wallace probably would have been born around 1915. Since gromit is a dog, and doesn't seem that old, he might be about 8 or 9. So Wallace had hair when gromit was a puppy, which was probably when he was about 35, he had lost most of it by the time gromit graduated from Dogwarts which would put wallace at about 37 or 38 when he lost most of his hair, then just add a few years and Wallace would be about 45 in 1958, which is probably about when the films are set.

Am i overthinking this??? :D

The Return of CrackingToast Posted: Mar 10th 2012

No, not at all. Though i'm pretty sure it's been stated somewhere that the films are mean't to be set in the 60's rather than the late 50's, but there isn't too much of a difference.

iantimothy Posted: Mar 10th 2012

that would make sense because of nick park's age. I also looked up the Anti pesto van, and it is supposed to be a 1964 Austin A35 van, so I guess at least COTWR and AMOLAD are set after 1964 and probably a few years after that because the van is a little rusty in COTWR.

puppylove Posted: Mar 11th 2012

i dont get anything u just said iantimothy anyskado, why would a person think that dumbledor is gay?? i mean... i dont think that exist in the wisarding world and dumbledor dosent have any gay aspects at all. so..... yea.....

iantimothy Posted: Mar 11th 2012

just my chaotic ramblings, trying to figure out things that don't matter.

The Return of CrackingToast Posted: Mar 12th 2012

You don't think that exists in the wizarding world? They are novels. She is their author. What would be wrong with it existing in the wizarding world? And gay aspects? What do you mean gay aspects? The sexuality of someone doesn't change the way they act or aspects of them! How stereotypical.

ThatGuy Posted: Mar 13th 2012

i think hes 35-45. i cant see him any older or younger.

samuelhayward Posted: Mar 13th 2012

I would say he's around 45, he's still quite jolly and active, like when he jumps from his bread van onto Piella's bicycle

puppylove Posted: Mar 13th 2012

thats what he said

puppylove Posted: Mar 13th 2012

dumbledor just dosent seem gay to me k? have u ever seen him like "dating" a guy? or is it mentioned in the book? nope. so leave me be k? hes a sweet old man. dont ruin my childhood!

The Return of CrackingToast Posted: Mar 13th 2012

Him being gay would ruin your childhood and, since the character is gay, there is obviously no way he could possibly be a 'sweet old man'?

You're on thin ice there, puppylove. :s

iantimothy Posted: Mar 13th 2012

this is where my "Uh oh" speaks for itself. :D

samuelhayward Posted: Mar 14th 2012

If you want to talk about this, though I'm sure it's against the rules, then please don't do it on this thread, this is my thead, so start up your own thread about this discussion, and only talk about the subject that it states at the top of the page. OK!

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.