Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » LOONEY TUNES!!!!!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 40 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 40.
w&gfan75 Posted: Feb 16th 2012

WHO ELSE LOVES THE LONNEY TUNES. TELL WHAT YOUR'E FAV. SHORT OR CHARACTER IS. MINE ARE WILE E. CYOTYE AND WHAT'S OPREA DOC?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;);):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;);););):):):):):-(|):-(|):-(|):-(|):-(|)0:)0:)0:)0:)>:-)>:-)>:-)>:-)>:-):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;););):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 16th 2012

I LOVE Lonney Toons! I'm a total comedy/cartoon geek. :)
:D

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 16th 2012

HeHe! I can hear it in my head now, " Wile e. coyote. Soooooooper genius." :D

Clay Fighter Posted: Feb 17th 2012

My favourite character is Foghorn Leghorn, he is hilarious!
haha

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 17th 2012

http://youtu.be/3yTJcYQY6Vw
Here's a link to one of my favorites. It's called " Haredevil Hare"
It features Bugs Bunny and Marvin Martin
Oh, My favorite Characters are, Daffy Duck, ( when he was crazy :) ) Yosemite Sam, Wile Coyote, and Sylvester. :)

w&gfan75 Posted: Feb 20th 2012

so am i loveshaun19, a total cartoon geek mainly if it's older. I love haredevil hare, one my favorites. why dont you like the later daffy duck, the transition made sense after he appeared he was to be the new star but then bugs bunny came and stoll the spotlight, i love wacky daffy, but i also really like greedy daffy. who is your'e favorite director, mine's chuck jones A.K.A. charles m. jones.:D

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 20th 2012

I don't really hate greedy Daffy, but he seemed to lose a lot of character/cleverness to me. At fist he was kind of like Bugs only nuttier. He could outsmart the hunters with the best of them, but make you laugh more. ( At least I think so) Greedy Daffy is still funny, but in a different way/style. I kind of wish both charcters could have shared equal status. However I guess when they were developing the characters, one had to come out on top, and since Bugs always does, well, he did. :) I guess I take it too personally. :) It's almost like watching your favorite actor become the number two guy in an acting team. You still like to watch them act, but they're not a the peak of their form and it kind of hurts to watch after a while, because you know what they were capable of. On a smaller scale, ( although I know he's not real just a character. :) ) that's sort of how I feel about Daffy. I think he had more potential for humor ,not when he was just nutty ( Like some of the really old cartoons) but when he started to get brains and nuttiness mixed together. People will hate me for saying this, but in some of the cartoons where it was Daffy against hunter, ( When he was still, um, daffy ;) ) I think he was funnier than Bugs. Sorry for the long paragraph. I'm longwinded anyway, but I could discuss comedy, and cartoons for a loooooooooooooooong time. :)

iantimothy Posted: Feb 20th 2012

I have met the current voice actor for porky pig, he was a very ni...ni...nic.. ni... ni.... Uh... Wonderful p...p..p...per...p...person.

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 20th 2012

Ok, Here's a list/ some info on my favorite LT animators. First, a shout-out to all of them though. Each one brought such a unique style and brand of humor the cartoon industry, that it's hard to compare them. These are just my favorites( not in order from most to least favorite, they're equal :) ), with some of the reasons, and a example of one of their LT cartoons.So here we go. :)

Frank Tashlin: He did a lot of the old B&W cartoons, especially with Porky and Daffy.
He was really good at playing with angles. You can spot a Tashlin cartoon pretty easily. He had a unique style.
" Porky Pigs Feat"
( Guest star BB!)
http://youtu.be/7wK8kq8ACUc

Tex Avery: He's more known for his " Droopy Dog" cartoons, but he did some old BB cartoons and " One Shot "( Meaning usually without a recurring character) Looney Toones/Merrie Melodies. His cartoons are known best for their crazy visual sight gags.
" A wild Hare"
http://youtu.be/glb1EY26b30

Bob Clampett: Did some of the classic BB cartoons. Was also known for his one shots, which usually took the form of a humorous tour of some place or another.
" The Wacky Wabbit"
http://youtu.be/O3HcTXeOxv4

Fritz Freeling: Known for creating( and acting like!) the character " Yosimite Sam". He also did the " Tweety" and "Sylvester" cartoons. He is also known for after his work with Warner Bros., doing the " Pink Panther", " Inspector" ( Not to be confused with "insepector gadget") and " Ant and the Aardvark"cartoons. He also did some pretty good one shots.
" Holiday for Shoestrings"
http://youtu.be/fesBFYGK5Jw

Chuck Jones: Did most of the more famous BB cartoons, Including the most famous and voted number one cartoon to date, " What's Opera Doc?". He also did the " Roadrunner" and " Wile Coyote" cartoons, as well as a lot of one shots, including probably the most famous/well known one, " One Froggy Evening" ( " Hello my baby! Hello my honey..." :) ).
" One froggy evening"
http://youtu.be/3Vwy6wIccS0

Like I said, I like them all ( Including the ones I left out) pretty equally. It depends on what mood I'm in and what I want to see, but generally these guys are my favorites.
Sorry for the long answer w&gfan75, but like I said, I'm a Comedy Geek. I get into it! :) Thanks for this thread! Can we talk about other types of cartoons and comedy too, or is it LT only for now? :) Thanks again! It's a lot of fun. :)

w&gfan75 Posted: Feb 21st 2012

loveshaun19 Sure we can talk about any cartoons and comedy we want. personally i really dont like bob clampett cartoons. frank tashlin was pretty good, my personal favorite of his is "Swooner Crooner". tex avery awsome, every thing of his amazingP.S. i think bob clampett was copying him, that's why i dont really like his cartoons. friz freleng also pretty good. chuck jones my favorite animation director of all time, he is why i want to become an animator, my favorite cartoon of all time is "What's Opera Doc?". thanks for the positive feedback, if you have any requests for future cartoon or comedy forums.:D

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 21st 2012

" Swooner Crooner " That's the one with the Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby chickens right? " It's FRRRRRAAAANKIE!!!!!!!!". :) Or have I got the wrong one?

no shaunlove19 thats right

Hey W&Gfan, have you seen the really old DD cartoon, " Daffy duck and the Dinosaur", with the Jack Benny-like caveman? I cloned two pictures together to match the title. Daffy looks totally different in the cartoon than he does in the picture though.
Here's the Cartoon,
http://youtu.be/cfVna0EA_L8
and here's the picture. :)

Ha i love it and the cartoon. a great early chuck jones classic

A picture I drew from the cartoon " Bugs Bunny gets the Boid"
Here's the Cartoon.
http://youtu.be/n7ygJ8Z0jfI
( P.S. I know you're not too fond of BC cartoons W&Gfan, but I like the character of "Beaky" In this one. :) )
Here's my picture. :)

w&gfan75 Posted: Feb 22nd 2012

loveshaun19 great picture. This is actually one BC cartoon i like:D

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 22nd 2012

Thanks! I'm glad you like the cartoon. Although, now that you mentioned it, I can see the simillarity to Tex Avery's style

loveshaun in your'e director post you left Robert Mckinsom

oh sorry loveshaun i didn't notice the thing you said at the bottom about leaving some out
;)

evastar7 Posted: Feb 22nd 2012

my favourite charecter is bugs bunny it is hard to say which one! |-)

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 22nd 2012

Oops! I can't beleive I forgot him, though!

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 24th 2012

Here's a picture I painted of Wile swinging down after Roadrunner. :) I hope you like it.:)

I called it " The thrill of the hunt"

w&gfan75 Posted: Feb 24th 2012

that's amazing. 10/10;)

Thanks!

evastar7 Posted: Feb 24th 2012

nice i like the angle you have drawn it at! :)

Thank you! :)

evastar7 Posted: Feb 26th 2012

your welcome!

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 26th 2012

This is one of my favorites. It's called " Yankee Doodle Daffy". In this one, Daffy tries to get porky to let his actor freind/client audition for him, but Porky the talent scout wants to go on vacation. Daffy keeps insisting, by doing a buch of acts himself to show Porky what his client can do. Personally, I think Porky should have considered hiring Daffy in this one, not his client. :) He does so many acts. :) Hope y'all enjoy this! :) I love how crazy Daffy is in this one. :)
http://youtu.be/42Lf7yNhdtk

w&gfan75 Posted: Feb 26th 2012

that's one of my favorite wacky daffy cartoons.
:D

since i'm a giant looney tunes fan i will tell you about my looney tunes stuff:
DVD's:
the spotlight collection vol.1, the essential bugs bunny,looney tunes super stars: bugs bunny, the platinum collection vol.1 ultimate collector's edition, golden collection vol.1-6 collection, loonatics unleashed season 1.
books:
the looney tunes treasury.
plush:
taz plush, bugs bunny at the symphony plush.
events:
bugs bunny at the symphony.
As you can see, i am a giant LT fan. there my favorite cartoons of all time. hope you have enjoyed and continue to enjoy this fourm.

here's my clay model re-creating a scene from "What's Opera Doc?"

w&gfan75 Posted: Mar 10th 2012

hmm no one's been posting for a little they need something..... I know ..... good night

LoveShaun19 Posted: Mar 11th 2012

Here's a picture I drew for W&Gfan with STS characters as Looney Toons characters. :)

evastar7 Posted: Mar 12th 2012

lol funny! |-)

LoveShaun19 Posted: Mar 12th 2012

THanks! :)

LoveShaun19 Posted: Mar 12th 2012

Another one of my favorites, " Daffy Doodles". In this one, Daffy is in his element as the devious " Moustache Fiend" :)
http://youtu.be/NMDL5jOH58U

LoveShaun19 Posted: Mar 20th 2012

A picture I made with different images using the program " Gimp". It's supposed to be Bugs and Elmer as the Comedy/Tragedy masks. :)

w&gfan75 Posted: Mar 20th 2012

i like it

LoveShaun19 Posted: Mar 21st 2012

Thanks very much! :D

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.