GENERAL CHAT » BEST STORY COMMENTS

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 52 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 18th 2012

Any non-chapter or non-story posts (comments, praise, criticism) to the http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/forum/read/49355 (The Best Story Ever Written)thread go here. No insults or being mean for mean's sake, please!

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 18th 2012

i did a short chapter as to leave it more open to other ideas

Ok. If you are going to start a new chapter please be sure to give it a title. If you don't feel you can write that much, or just want to add on to an existing chapter (like you did), then leave it blank. Though in the future I'd prefer as many seperate chapters with headings as possible. But thanks for participating! Feel free to add on as much as you like! :)

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 18th 2012

sure i forgot a heading

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 18th 2012

I added on too! I'm begining to like this story! :)

puppylove Posted: Feb 18th 2012

what story r u peaple talking about???

See the link in the first post.

EVERYONE PLEASE REMEMBER, DON'T POST COMMENTS ON THE STORY IN THE ABOVE LINK! POST COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD!

evastar7 Posted: Feb 18th 2012

sorry! i posted comments on the story!

That's All right. :) Just don't post anymore and we'll be good.

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 18th 2012

This is starting to look really cool! Otto is supposed to be the Stoaway/ narator, and the goblins are really mysterious. I wonder how Otto and Kassomer made it to the Island? Did everybody survive? Oh, the suspense! :) This is going to be fun to write. :)

Remember everyone, there is no limit to how many chapters you can post. Feel free to add on to this as much as you would like! The story won't progress if we don't all contribute! :)

EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 19th 2012

To Mk7, who wrote the last chapter:

That was really Good! I hope you check the story out often and help to write it!

mk7 Posted: Feb 19th 2012

Thank you, I look forward to it.
P.S your writing is really good!

mk7 Posted: Feb 19th 2012

I hope someone writes a new chapter soon. ( I would, but i didnt want to do two in a row!);)

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Feb 19th 2012

i will at some point but i hav just started writing my own book and need to concentrate on that at the moment

EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 20th 2012

NOTICE: There is starting to be quite the build-up of unrelated posts on the Pass-a-long. I am not upset in the slightest :), but if this continues to happen, I will have to move the story to another thread (being sure to give respective writers credit for their segments) so people can read what we have so far with no interruptions. FROM NOW ON, EVERYONE, PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING TO THE STORY THREAD THAT IS NOT PART OF THE STORY - this includes random stuff, comments, reprimands of other users, and questions about the story itself. THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD HERE IS FOR;). And if you want to start a new story, feel free to make another forum for it; I don't mind, because it's not a competition Thanks! :)

to MK7,

I posted two in a row earlier, as you may have noticed. Feel free to do as much as you like. And thanks for the compliment! :D You write really well, too.

to anyone who posted a non-story post to the pass-a-long;

If you don't mind, could you maybe go under the story
(http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/forum/read/49355), find your posts, click the little pencil symbol in the upper right hand corner to edit them, and delete the text from them? (You'll have to replace it with something to be allowed to repost so just do an emoticon or something.) This is just so we can read the story smoothly; it's a suggestion, and you don't have to follow it.

evastar7 Posted: Feb 20th 2012

well,what i think of the story is it has a good plot and it takes its own slow pace which good!

EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 21st 2012

Feel Free to add to it! :)

mk7 Posted: Feb 21st 2012

Wait a second, when did they get the kid?

Time for a flashback!

Ok, we need to start the next chapter from where the previous one leaves off. this is getting confusing. When did Otto get to the Island? Where is the Island? Is it in "A World of Your Imagination (Luvs Willy Wonka :) ) or is it elsewhere?

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 21st 2012

Side note: I love Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory too. :) You're talking about the old movie right? With Gene Wilder? :)

Cool chapter Mk! It's nice and spooky! Heavy with mystery. :)

I'm going to add a chapter to try to tie some of this stuff together so if you have a new chapter to add hold off for about five minutes please! :)

@ love shaun. Yeah I mean that one. I like them both, but I like the first one better

Also, to anyone who liked Ishmael: He's my character, I have a right to kill him off! :)

Oops. In my new chapter, I "resurrected" Ishmael - sorry. But this is a pass-a-long, so each chapter's twists and turns are left up to the writer. If you have a preference for something included in the next you maybe should put it in parentheses (like this) at the end so people know.

Ah that's fine. I was gonna ressurect him anyway. BTW I'm starting a new thread called BEST STORY ALTERNATE ENDINGS. I wrote this and refreshed my page so I could post it, but saw emmyred's thing saying not to post. :( If theres an oppurtunity to use it in the real story, i will!

(A CONTIUATION OF CHAPTER 7)

The goblins ushered them down the hall into the king's chambers. Real-Kass trailed behind, knowing (and dreading) what was to come. The doors were opened, the gaurds leering and grinning at them as the moved past. This king was more round and greedier than the last, if that was even possible. They entered the room. The king grinned a malevolent grin.

"What are you doing here my pretties?" said the king. He said 'Pretties' the way you might say 'stinking pile of poop'

Kass had had a bad day, and his sadness has making him cocky. "Escaping the lava, dur da dur" he said angrily

The king dropped the act "Okay, no more Mr.Nice Goblin, eh? Now, which of you should I kill first? How bout the sassy boy? Gaurds!"

Suddenly, Otto spoke up "No! Take me instead!"

The King looked at him. "Oke-Doke! Then the other will have to live with the pain of seeing you die. I like that."

The Gaurds brought Otto before the king. They raised their spears. memory-Kass looked away, but real-Kass suddenly screamed.

"NO!" the short anguished sound tore itself from his throat. Suddenly, the swirling colors of the memory turned shades of blue, and all the other people froze. Kassomer waded through the haze until he was infront of the gaurds. With a lot of effort, he removed the spears from their hands. But what was going on? This didnt happen. He knew Otto's fate. He'd seen it. What... Kass fainted.

When he awoke, the first thing he saw were Otto's spectacles.Otto's spectacles and Otto's face. He wasnt in the memory anymore, so how could Otto be here? Otto was dead.

"I seem to remember something about a rather fat goblin," said Otto conversationally.

Kass fainted again.

This time, when he woke up, Kass was able to stay in such a state for more than a few seconds.

"Y-You died," he managed after awhile

"I did," agreed Otto

"How can you be here? I remember... remembering. I was remembering what happened, and then my memory changed. I stopped.. your death," said Kass

"Indeed," said Otto "I also remember two sets of events. In one I die, In the other, you save me."

"But...How? And why are you suddenly so smart? And... and... unwimpy?" said Kass, his confusion making him bad tempered

"Ah, I have two theories. One is that, since the last thing I did was a selfless act, I came back brave. The other is that when you revived me, you put a little bit of yourself in me." said Otto

"When I saved you?”said Kass “I only imagined saving you!”

Otto looked at him, rather condescendingly “The goblins wanted you for your imagination. You can change what you want changed, just by thinking about it. You can alter what you want altered just by wishing it so! With an imagination like that, you could rule the world!”

I just realized! I could of put this in before you posted and it would have still made sense! Dookie!

Emmyred could delete her post, add an emoticon or something, let you post, then put her segment back. How about it Emmyred?

Man! I'm really sorry now.:'( It wasn't an order, just a request; I'd had what I thought was a really good Idea so I asked everone to wait a minute so I could get it down - I am a really slow typer. I feel awful.:-( Hang on to that, though - I'll see if I can fix it.

I just went back - I put your chapter in where you wanted it, making sure to give you the credit. Does it look Okay?

mk7 Posted: Feb 22nd 2012

Thanks emmyred! :)

mk7 Posted: Feb 22nd 2012

They are back in Faihrell not on the Island.

EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 22nd 2012

Don't attack anyone's entries, please; someone may not have read the guidelines. Besides, I have an Idea how I can make Banshee's entry fit in.

EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 22nd 2012

New Update in place!

EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 23rd 2012

Anyone and everyone feel free to read what we've got so far and make a new chapter!

EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 25th 2012

What happened? :'(We haven't had a new post for nearly two days now!

LoveShaun19 Posted: Feb 25th 2012

Is anyone going to add some more to it? It was getting interesting! :)

evastar7 Posted: Feb 26th 2012

well,i am not sure i would of add to it but it wouldent be a good job!

EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 26th 2012

Go for it if you want; I, for one, am not going to judge, so long as it matches what's going on in the story at the moment.

mk7 Posted: Mar 13th 2012

Soy Terminado

EmmyRed18 Posted: Mar 13th 2012

Yeah, no one seemed to want to update. Maybe after we sit on it for a while it can be revived.

mk7 Posted: Mar 14th 2012

it stopped making sense

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Mar 14th 2012

he he......hi

EmmyRed18 Posted: Mar 16th 2012

@mk7 That's why I posted in the instructions to always read the preceeding chapter and make sure the one below matches in some way, not just add random posts. However, the problem with pass-a-longs (I took the idea from another site where stories of this and similar types are all they do) has always been that people mistake them for a game of "rumor" or "telephone" (whatever you call it), where the object is to make it as random and silly as possible. We may start over with those last couple of posts deleted; however, that would entail a lot of work on my part so it would take a while for me to get free to do it. Or someone could attempt to fix what's already there. I don't know. That's why we should sit on it for a while.

mk7 Posted: Mar 16th 2012

lol, when i told war banshee to read the previous u told me i was being mean!:D

EmmyRed18 Posted: Mar 17th 2012

I didn't attack anyone specifically in my above post, I was just addressing the problem as a whole. There is a difference. :)

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.