Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » MY ANIMATION

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 18 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 18.
samuelhayward Posted: Apr 17th 2012

have a look at my new animation called 'Buzz Off' and why not check out 'animal views' and 'metamorchristas' too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQyc_0GzQP4&list=HL1334663096&feature=mh_lolz

samuelhayward Posted: Apr 17th 2012

Please post a reply.

harryboy8080 Posted: Apr 17th 2012

Samuel, this is great! How long have you been animating for? I've already watched the others, but my favorite is "Buzz Off". The charectar is scuplted really great. When the dog waves his hand at the bees, I love the realsim in the wrist flick. You are a great aspiring young animator. Who knows, maybe me and you will be working side by side in Aardman one day.

The emotions in the dog's eyebrows were also spectacular! Too much to praise. I can't name all the things I love about your film. There's just too many.

Yet, if I had to say one thing that could be better, it would be the lighting. The flicker is pretty persistant, althouth solemn. You might be able to fix tht problem by simpling animating in a windowless roo with a contant light source, or if you have already done so, try turning all the light settings on your camera to "Manual" and not "Auto".

Cheers!

samuelhayward Posted: Apr 18th 2012

thanks for your lovely comments. The light flicker is actually a reflection from the glass that I drew the bees onto, it is all done in- camera so, I agree, next time I will make sure the glass is held in position.

Oh and thank you for the advice, HarryBoy8080. I don't really know much about computers. It might be simpler just to do it the old-fashioned way and get the pictures developed! Despite having no 'onion skin', it might be easier . For me anyway.

Has anyone else had a look?

It seems like no one has been on this site since it has been working again 

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Apr 18th 2012

i just watched it, it was very good

harryboy8080 Posted: Apr 19th 2012

I stongly suggest using a webcam or a camera via firewire. Onion skinning is a must for me.

samuelhayward Posted: Apr 19th 2012

I was kinna joking but thanks for the advice. I agree

harryboy8080 Posted: Apr 19th 2012

Even the best of animators could sometimes use advice. Could you give me some advice about mine?

www.youtube.com/users/epicanim8tor

Clay Fighter Posted: Apr 19th 2012

I watched and commented on it a few days ago :)

samuelhayward Posted: Apr 20th 2012

Sorry that link doesn't work.

harryboy8080 Posted: Apr 21st 2012

http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicAnim8tor

Try that one. I majority of my videos are LEGO, but you should be able to find 4 claymation in there.

samuelhayward Posted: Apr 21st 2012

I've checked out the link harryboy8080, I like your animations very much.

samuelhayward Posted: Apr 23rd 2012

Does anyone else like it

iantimothy Posted: Apr 24th 2012

The only thing i would say is that the sheet the flies are on is a little bit distracting, but other than that great job, nice character animaiation.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.