GENERAL CHAT » DID U LIKE THE PIRATES? RATE AND DEBATE

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 37 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 37.
puppylove Posted: Apr 24th 2012

OMG OMG OMG OMGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! i saw it sunday it was the best thing EVAR!!!! i LOVED it! if u read this any of the aardman staff, i would like to congratulate u all because it was absolutely fantastic!! i would rate it a 9.6 out of 10 because i only got dissapointed with he fact that i wanted to see the lady pirate WITHOUT the beard and see captain get the trofie for best pirate again. but i did predict during the movie when charls darwin was trown into the garbage that the queen wanted to eat the dodo bird. what do u think?

TerCla10 Posted: Apr 25th 2012

i love love love pirates!!! their super cool dont you think?

TerCla10 Posted: Apr 25th 2012

Darthplatypus Posted: Apr 26th 2012

it was awesome but it lacked nick parks awesome touch that just makes all the characters look funnier and makes the movie have just a bit more of its hilarious jokes that fit just right with the movie.

puppylove Posted: Apr 26th 2012

i dont think nick participaded in the movie... it wuz that other director of chicken run.

puppylove Posted: Apr 26th 2012

and whats with the micro dog tercla10?

LoveShaun19 Posted: Apr 27th 2012

I haven't seen it yet, would ya'll recommend whatching it? Does it have Aaardman-type humor in it?

puppylove Posted: Apr 27th 2012

of course it does silly pants! (i just felt like saying something lame) if its aardman it mush have aarman humour right? it was definetly better than autrurs cristmax that for shure. even chares darwin shows up!( if u dont know who he is, hes the one that developed the thesis of evolution) i highly recommend it and if puppylove likes something its 97% likely to be good

LoveShaun19 Posted: Apr 28th 2012

Haha. Yeah, I know that sounded like a silly question, except I saw some posts about Nick Park not working on it, and movies change sometimes, so I just wondered if it stayed true to the type of humor that I love about Aardman. :) Thanks! :)

puppylove Posted: Apr 28th 2012

u know the co director that did chicken run? i think that was peter lord right? well, he directed it and since he is a cooworker with nick, he does know what kind of humor aarman has XP

LoveShaun19 Posted: Apr 28th 2012
:)

Thanks! :)

yianni Posted: Apr 29th 2012

pirates is aaaaaaawwwwweeeeesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 stars 

puppylove Posted: Apr 29th 2012

out of 5? xP

yianni Posted: Apr 30th 2012

ok the pirates is five stars!!!

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 30th 2012

Glad you liked it! Anyone who hasn't seen it yet, we'd love to know what you think once you have...

As puppylove says, it is out in the US and Canada now!

puppylove Posted: Apr 30th 2012

its kinnah sad thought, here where i live in cochabamba, people dont apreciate clay artistic films like i do, insred, pretty much what everyone is caring about is the avengers movie. im not saying is bad, the movie is fricken awesome but... people just dont care bout anything else that has hard work and efford in it anymore

Fionah Posted: May 1st 2012

Pirates is brilliant!! I want to go and see it again. 10 out of 10

harryboy8080 Posted: May 2nd 2012

Pirates was a great film.  Saw it last night. Amazing. I'm a Christian myself, and this isn't me talking smack about Chritians, but, so many are bad-mouthing the film because of Charles Darwin's presence. Really? Can't we just put religion aside for one children's film?!

puppylove Posted: May 2nd 2012

i dont think ts right aswell, just cause something do dont belive in appears in your like dosent mean u have to hate it and exagerate,besides, i DO  belive in chares darwins evolution theory!

harryboy8080 Posted: May 2nd 2012

So do I. It's pretty much been proven. We have skeletons of half-ape half-human. That's physical evidence. Too bad some people aren't open enough to accept it. 

puppylove Posted: May 3rd 2012

its just a belive thing. its complicated. like i said, dont hate on something u dont belive in and accept and respect anothers opinions and they will respect u... also, dont try to force them to much into beliving something else...

that kinnah came out wrong but... u get the point

harryboy8080 Posted: May 4th 2012

Yes, I understand and agree completely.

harryboy8080 Posted: May 4th 2012

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

iantimothy Posted: May 4th 2012

I am seeing it on Sunday,

I don't get why people are making a big deal about Darwin, I don't care if you believe in evolution or not,you can't deny Charles Darwin is one of the most influential people in history. 

Gromit lad Posted: May 6th 2012

Saw it Friday, it was so smooth in animation. When it first started, Polly, became my first favorite character. Then as the movie continued I stared at my family wondering if they felt as excited as I did for another Aardman claymation to 'hit the big screen.' When the ending reached near I thought the final confront between the Queen and the captain was just over, but as soon as the dough exploded, SPOILER, and she tried to take Polly once again, the climax started alllllll over again. And just one side note, Mr. Bobo immediately came to me as Gromit, lol.

lad ; Really good movie! Got the novelty cup with the straw thing to remember it. But who could forget.... Until like out of the blue "WALLACE AND GROMIT NIGHT OF THE LIVING PIELLA BAKER" comes out and the Queen from the 'pirates' lands in West Wallaby Street in her air balloon..... Idk, I'm just making up stuff.....

puppylove Posted: May 6th 2012

wow! u really liked it! that good

w&gfan75 Posted: May 6th 2012

i loved it!!!!

Gromit5429 Posted: May 7th 2012

It was the best!! I loved the ending when Mr.Bobo was dress as a pirate.

harryboy8080 Posted: May 9th 2012

Heheh! The vingear and baking soda reaction was quite hilarious!

harryboy8080 Posted: May 9th 2012

I would give it, in the movie rating scale which is out of 4 stars, a 3 or 3.5.

1flyingdog Posted: May 11th 2012

I want to see it it sounds really good! 

EmmyRed18 Posted: May 26th 2012

I liked the movie very much indeed; it was very enjoyable, with typical Aardman qualities such as nonsensical but moving stories. I was glad they didn't really force the issue of evolution with Darwin, though. Especially since the real Darwin said himself that if species were constantly evolving, the only way to prove his theory (theory, mind, not fact) would be if we found fossils of evolved/evolving creatures just as frequently (if not more frequently) than we found ones that match creatures still living today. Considering that out of the hundreds of thousands of fossils we've unearthed, we only have a handful of fossils that only "potentially" could be half-creatures, I think that, to quote Darwin himself on that subject, "my theory will absolutely break down". (I myself belive the potential half species are simply extinct individual, unevolved animals. This is especially true in the case of the archaeopteryx half-bird half-lizard, which I firmly believe must be pure bird. After all, the hoatzin is a species of bird alive today which has many characteristics similar to archaeopteryx, including claws; and the lung systems of lizards and birds are so radically different there could be no middle ground that would survive so the idea of them evolving is out of the question.)

EmmyRed18 Posted: May 26th 2012

I am in College and extensively studying to be a Zoologist, in case anyone is wondering where I got my information. And, by sheer force of evidence, I prefer to abandon the scrabbling attempts to prove evolution in favor of the more sensible and better-proven intellegent design belief. I also think science would better be spent if people quit wasting time trying to prove God/intellegent design doesn't apply, and work more on cures for diseases, and the stewardship of His world and His people.

harryboy8080 Posted: May 26th 2012

I actually am all for Darwin's beleifs. Adaptations are scientifically proven and I view evolution as more of long term effects of adaptations. Nevertheless, I'm agnostic though, and don't believe in a God.

EmmyRed18 Posted: May 28th 2012

Adaptation based on existing species losing existing varieties to certain conditions of nature (leaving the one that survives behind) I agree with. But not full evolutionary theory, and this is why: people are just too desperate to prove it to a point where it's a case of "protesting too much" (as Shakespeare would put it"; and when they go to the lengths of lying about/not learning from mistakes just to keep the theory alive, you know somthing's wrong. You'd be suprised what scientists who try to prove evolution try to hide from the public to keep the belief alive; they can't, actually, but they only just succeed in smoothing it over because a lot of the public is just as desperate. Like the tooth fossil that was reconstructed to became "Nebraska Man" (a half-ape), but when looked at impartially turned out to belong to a dead hog. Or perhaps the fossil manufactured by some prankster that became another "prehistoric" man and was listed in textbooks for years before some intellegent-design-believing person noticed the thing was A) assembled wrong, B) made from pieces from three or four different fossils, and C) was held together in places by old and mummified chewing gum. Or maybe the fact that their system of dating rocks is based on a layers map that appears exactly NOWHERE on the planet in the order it's supposed to be; someone obviously just made it up. I could go on on this subject for quite a while; it's an extensive list. The whole problem people have with intellegent design is admitting there was an intellegent designer, which means there is someone in charge of our lives besides our own selfish selves.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.