Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » W&G ARE HELPING MY SON TO COMMUNICATE!!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 6 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 6.
Auntie-Ann Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 16th 2012

As I've previously mentioned in another thread, my 4 year old son is autistic and unable to communicate. He loves Wallace and Gromit with a passion, usually watching the films 3-4 times per day. Anyway, yesterday we started PECS, (picture exchange communication system). It's a specific way of using pictures/symbols to allow children to talk without talking basically. My son had a PECS card given to him which said "I want to watch" and the picture was a TV. After the speech therapist left my son handed me the card and said "Wallace and Gromit on!" I could have cried!!! We now have a PECS card with a picture of Wallace and Gromit on it, (so he can ask for W&G any time he wants now)! Heehee! I thought I'd share this because although this might seem completely uninteresting and it doesn't sound like a big deal, for a child with fairly severe mental health problems it is a massive achievement!... So thank you W&G for helping my son to communicate!

Gromits little bro Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 16th 2012

That's AMAZING! I've read about things like this before, and I've found the stories inspiring. I think it's wonderful that he can communicate with you now!

LoveShaun19 Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 17th 2012

That's awsome!!!! I'll pray for your son to continue doing so well. :)

Devi Fitri Krisrera Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 17th 2012

Wow, that's amazing!!

EmmyRed18 Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 18th 2012

Praying for continued improvement! God Bless! :D

harryboy8080 Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 19th 2012

Your son must be incredibly smart. My non-verbal autistic cousin Luke uses PECs to communicate.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.