Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » WHAT ARE THE EASIEST WAYS ON MAKING ARMATURE FOR STOP-MOTION?

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 8 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 8.
Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 6th 2012

Please help me think of what are the easiest ways on making an armature for my Wallace and Gromit stop-motion animation.  I will be using modelling clay. Thank you!

mmasonghi studios Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 7th 2012

here is one of the easiest way to do it
http://joshuamosley.com/tutorials/claymationArmature/armature.html
but i suggest using 8 and 4 guage wire insted of 14 and 28 

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 7th 2012

What are  gauge wires? Where could you buy them?   Thanks for helping!

samuelhayward Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 7th 2012

what i use is normal garden wire, though i am stil experimenting, as long as it doesn't snap before 100 times of bending it, then i should say it'd be perfect.

and as for making the armature, for a 2ocm puppet you need the wire about 25 centimetres long. when you've cut the wire, twist it together, but only in the middle, leaving adiquate length on one end for the legs and the other end, that will be slightly shorter, for the legs. meaning that the bit that you've twisted together will form the back bone if you like.

next form the hip bones by bending up a small portion of the legs. do the same with the shoulders, but make sure this comes out wider tham the hip section, next form the feet.        

samuelhayward Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 7th 2012

please tell me if you don't understand

sorry i haven't explained it very well here is a video to demonstrate better

http://animateandcreate.com/workshops/educational-resources/episode-6/

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 8th 2012

Thank you.

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 8th 2012

I would try to find 16 gauge annealed alluminum wire, you can find it at about any art store, it will probably be labeled as armature wire or sculpture wire. 

This is my favorite way to build an armature, except i usually use epoxy putty, but for the actual structure of the character I think this is the best way to do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkEcCZQeTyM 

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.