Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » LADY TOTTINGTON HAIR

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 6 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 6.
cleasby99 Posted: Jun 17th 2012

I have been making a model of Lady Tottington and I have no idea what to use for her hair. Plasticine just doesn't look right and when you watch the film you can see that it is obviously some kind of material. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could use for it?

samuelhayward Posted: Jun 17th 2012

presumably they use some kind of foam, but you could easily twist some cotton wool round some strong wore and then paint the cotton wool.

cleasby99 Posted: Jun 17th 2012

Thanks.i had wondered about cotton wool but i never knew how i could colour it. I will try that though and see how it looks

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Jun 22nd 2012

I think you could use make paper mache. Make the paste by making3/4 glue and 1/4 water. Use cotton first put as many layers as you want until you are satisfied with the size. Apply the paste in every layer. To apply the paste you could use a popsicle stick and apply it like you'e just painting. Do't apply too much or it will not dry. When it is still wet form it. Let it dry. After it is dry, wrap it with tissue (1 layer). Then apply paste again. Let it dry. Then it is done. You could easily paint it already.

Hope I helped.  

Baa Lamb Ewe Posted: Jul 29th 2012

It could have been wool felted like this?

http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/creations/view/176 

Or this.

But that seems quite tricky. You could try the paper mâché instead?

doakley Posted: Aug 3rd 2012

I use orange felt wool! It works wonders!
!

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.