Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » ANOTHER STAR HAS GONE OUT

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 6 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 6.
EmmyRed18 Posted: Jul 3rd 2012

Today I was shocked and saddened to learn, upon arriving home from school, that the star of some of my favorite old TV shows and movies had passed away. Andy Griffith went home to be with the Lord at age 86, in his North Carolina hometown; his family and friends and countless fans of his heart-touching, funny "Andy Griffith Show" will forever miss him.

When I heard the news, this poem almost wrote itself in my head. It's a tribute to the simple world Andy Griffith created when he wrote and starred in the show, which so closely matches the more idyllic years in the backwoods towns of the NC mountains and touched the hearts of many generations.

puppylove Posted: Jul 3rd 2012

im sorry to hear that. must be terrible for someone u love and admire die. i cant say i completely understand cus this is a pain that ido not understan for ive never lost a person like that. i never even knew my grandparents.:/. when u said andy griffin i was shoked cause i immidiely thought of andy griffinths but then remembered there not the same person. may he rest in peace i guess.:/

EmmyRed18 Posted: Jul 3rd 2012

It is Andy Griffith from the Andy Griffith show, who also made several movies, was an outspoken christian, and saved a historical North Carolinian landmark from destruction.

puppylove Posted: Jul 3rd 2012

hm. sounds important.

cheesehead302 Posted: Jul 12th 2012

Wow! It's already been a week since he died. Gorsh. O.o

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.