Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » @AARDMAN- EYES

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 7 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 7.
cleasby99 Posted: Jul 12th 2012

I have already asked this question on the Arts, Crafts & cookery forum but i was told i was more likely to get an answer from aardman here. I just wondered if anyone from aardman could tell me what size beads are used for the w&g eyes. I use 8mm beads on my models of wallace and gromit but they look to big and when i change to 6mm they look to small. If I new what size aardman use then i could adjust the size of the models to make it look right. 

harryboy8080 Posted: Jul 12th 2012

I think Aardman's models are around 8 in, if that helps. As for the eyes, I don't know.

666joshy666 Posted: Jul 15th 2012

Hi there! May I start by saying, your Wallace & Gromit model is fantastic! (http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/creations/view/11934) You've managed to really show off their personalities well! For starters, Aardman tend to stick with around 8-9" tall for the majority of their characters, with the obvious acceptions of Gromit, Fluffles, Shaun .etc. Now for the eyes. I infact encountered the same problem a few years back. Personally, I feel as if I never found the correct size, but in all honesty, I have always seen fault in my models, so I may have been wrong. From behind the scenes videos, hours of reading books and advice from other users on here, this is all the information I have gathered in the past few years: Aardman use between 5mm and 6mm diameter glass beads and apply enamel paint for the pupils by placing the bead on a cocktail stick and securing the other end in the drill. They then spin the drill at a low speed and use a very thin paintbrush to get a perfect circle. Here is a model using 6mm beads: http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/creations/view/5953

I hope this helps you, as you seem quite the promising young sculptor!

Anyways, kind regards,

Josh  

harryboy8080 Posted: Jul 15th 2012

Josh! Good to see you! If only more vets came back.

666joshy666 Posted: Jul 16th 2012

Good to see you too HarryBoy! I'm on occasionally. I check up a couple of times a week and if I see anything I feel worth helping out with or just giving some form of input towards, I will. Any other Vets still here?

cleasby99 Posted: Jul 16th 2012

thanks joshy. My wallace is 9 inches tall and 6mm beads are too small for him so I used 8mm beads whereas my bunnies which you can see here,http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/creations/view/9603, use 6mm beads. What size is your Mrs. Mulch???

harryboy8080 Posted: Jul 16th 2012

Sorry to just randomly talk with Joshy in your thread, cleasby. xD But, not really.... I think cavor is on now and then....

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.