WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THESE 2 ANIMATION QUESTIONS?

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 6 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 6.
wallace05man Posted: Jul 25th 2012

1. How do you keep plasticine models clean? after a while mine get dusty so i was wondering how other model makers do it.

2. Although i have made gromit models before, i can't remember what colours you have to mix to get gromit's colour. does anyone know?

cleasby99 Posted: Jul 25th 2012

1) I keep my models covered in cling film and this is also what aardman do to keep their models clean.

2) I use newplast clay and they do a colour called 'stone'. Aardman use this colour so if you use is you won't have to mix. here is that colour: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Newplast-500g-Stone-Plasticine-Alternative/dp/B0032BVGD4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343229251&sr=8-3  

wallace05man Posted: Jul 25th 2012

thanks, that really helped i bought Stone and Pink newplast from amazon.

cleasby99 Posted: Jul 25th 2012

happy to help.  newplast also do a colour called 'flesh pink' which is useful because if you mix it with a bit of white you get the colour of wallace's skin 

harryboy8080 Posted: Jul 26th 2012

1) I use cling film as well. It works GREAT. Aardman uses it, too.

2) Yup, stone will do just fine. :D

JoeBoy Posted: Aug 31st 2012

Ok guys here is a plasticine Colours guide for W&G characters - Newplast/Colourclay
  - Pink, White, Dark Brown, Dark Green, Black
  - Stone, Dark Brown, Black
 - Black, White, Pink, Orange, Red
  - Light Brown, Grey, Black, White
  - Pink, White, Light Blue, Dark Green, Dark Brown, Yellow
  - Light Brown, White, Pink, Black, Dark Green

This is only my guess as I have been using a plascitine colour guide to help me determine which colour would suit each character.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.