Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » NEW BBC WALLACE & GROMIT MUSIC COMPETITION ANNOUNCED!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 10 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 10.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Sep 13th 2012

A cracking BBC Wallace & Gromit music competition for UK primary school children launched today on BBC One’s Blue Peter

Continuing the success of Wallace & Gromit’s performance at the BBC Proms this summer, primary school children will have the opportunity to create a musical soundtrack for one of 3 specially selected Wallace & Gromit clips!

The lucky winners of the competition will receive an exclusive visit to Aardman Animation’s Bristol studios and a BBC recording of their soundtrack to be broadcast on Blue Peter!

How to Enter

If you’re primary school-aged (years 3,4,5 or 6) and would like to get involved, here’s what you need to do:

1) Ask your teacher to visit the BBC Learning website – there they can access lots of videos, sound effects, downloadable worksheets and lesson plans to get you started in class!

2) In class, you’ll be asked to split up into teams of between 2 and 5, choose your favourite clip and then compose your own mini-film score.

3) You don’t need to be an expert musician – you could play the spoons, create a drum kit out of pots and pans, or hum a tune! The judges are looking for creativity and a final piece of music that adds emotion to the clip you are watching.

4) Once you’re done, your teacher will submit team entries in either video or audio form.

5) The competition opens today and the deadline for entries will be Monday 3 December. For full details visit: www.bbc.co.uk/schools/teachers/wallaceandgromit

6) Have fun and good luck!

Will you be taking part?  Let us know in the comments section below!

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Sep 14th 2012

I wish i was primary school aged now!

samuelhayward Posted: Sep 14th 2012

How can I enter? I learn at home, and I'm passed primary school age, help!

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Sep 14th 2012

Sorry samuelhayward, this competition is only open to primary school children.  There's nothing to stop you taking part in the challenge if you wanted to though, all the resources can be found on the BBC website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/teachers/wallaceandgromit

samuelhayward Posted: Sep 14th 2012

Thankyou

coocoo99947 Posted: Sep 14th 2012

jorgiegirl Posted: Sep 15th 2012

I asked my teacher but she said we are too busy and I have some really great ideas for the track and I have started to make it for the track i saw on blue peter can I still do it!

coocoo99947 Posted: Sep 23rd 2012

do u have to record all sound effects?

epicreshiramtrainer Posted: Oct 9th 2012

epicreshiramtrainer Posted: Oct 9th 2012

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.