GENERAL CHAT » DOCTOR WHO

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 50 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
Nathan M Posted: Oct 11th 2012

Cant find old thread. Series 7 so far has been amazing! Who else agrees? 

What has been your favourite episode so far of series 7?

Part 1
1) Asylum of the Daleks
2 ) Dinosaurs on a spaceship
3) A town called mercy
4 ) The power of three
6) The angels take manhatten

Editied on since thread started:

Christmas special
7 ) The snowmen

Part 2
8 ) The bells of saint John
9) The rings of Akhaten
10) Cold war
11) Hide
12)  Journey to the centre of the Tardis
13) The crimson horror
14) nightmare in silver
15) The name of the doctor

Gromits little bro Posted: Oct 11th 2012

asylum of the daleks. The rest were disappointing, especially the angels.

wandgfanatic Posted: Oct 13th 2012

I agree with Gromits little bro.  The first episode was mindblowing.  I thought the final episode was a bit predictable.  The others were good.
However I still think the programme is excellent.  Roll on December!

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Oct 19th 2012

yes my favourite was asylum of the daleks
but i still thought that they were all good 

Nathan M Posted: Oct 19th 2012

I think they are all good also, a brilliant start to series 7!

Nathan M Posted: Dec 12th 2012

The christmas special will be amazing

Nathan M Posted: Jan 28th 2013

Doctoy who returns Match 30 2013!

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jan 28th 2013

OMG im so excited, what did everyone think of the christmas special?

maritsa123 Posted: Jan 29th 2013

I think lately doctor who has been quite dissapointing :( i used to love the episodes but the writer for these episodes isn't very good.

but i still love doctor who!! DOCTOR WHO FOREVER!

Nathan M Posted: Jan 29th 2013

I liked the christmas special, However the episodes are normally 45 minutes so I think it dragged a bit being an hour. Still good though

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jan 29th 2013

The thing is that stephen moffat, sorry if i spelt it wrong is a good writer but after russel t davies left was not the perfect person that could hav replaced him as head writer also it was quite hard on him as russel's episodes had been so popular an hes just tryin to do the best he can to keep it as a good show that people enjoy watchin, so its not totally that hes a bad writer, he wrote some of the brilliant tenth doctor episodes such as the sontaran strategem and the poison sky, people just tend to label him as a bad writer without looking into it more. he was quickly judged as not as good as russel and therefore i believe for series 6 the ratings and viewers dropped substantially. People need to giv him more of a chance and see his episodes for what they are which is good and enjoyable even if not as good as russel. Also dont forget he may hav written the christmas episode etc. but on the whole ther r many he doesnt write

sorry about the rant

Nathan M Posted: Jan 29th 2013

I agree, I actualy didn't notice the changeover of writers at the time but have known for a long time anyway. So I never really judged. So natuarally I think he is a good doctor who writter and has done the show justice for me

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jan 29th 2013

Exactly, many people may complain about him but i dont think they're givin him a fair chance, i personally dont think he is as good as a head writer as russel t davies was but as u said nathan he does the show justice and is nowhere near as bad as people say he is. I dont think to be honest he has been fairly credited with all the great episodes that he has written for dr who in the past

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Jan 30th 2013

how did you put that gif picture? 

Nathan M Posted: Jan 30th 2013

Just dragged it into the comment box

maritsa123 Posted: Jan 30th 2013

sorry, i didn't mean to say he wasn't good, i was trying to say i prefered Russell as a doctor who writer. The new one is a BRILLIANT writer, i mean anyone who is able to come up with plots like that and lines like that is AMAZING i was just trying to say that i prefered Russell

Nathan M Posted: Jan 31st 2013

I like Chameleon Circuit (A band that writes songs about doctor who)

My favourites are:

Chameleon Circuit - An awful lot of running: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAi4izfvXo4

Chameleon Circuit - Type 40:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGqrrmZXtqg

Chameleon Circuit - Exterminate Regenerate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7_KXL6VBBE

Chameleon Circuit - The big bang 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKPaAXGy6R0

...and there's more than that

maritsa123 Posted: Jan 31st 2013

oooh is Chameleon circuit the band with Charlieissocoollike in it?i love him! (like his channel...you know what i mean!!)

Nathan M Posted: Jan 31st 2013

Yeah Charlieissocoollike is in it

mmasonghi studios Posted: Mar 30th 2013

okay, I think this is my new favorite show!

I just saw "The Bells of Saint John" AWESOME!!!

Nathan M Posted: Mar 31st 2013

Yeah it's epic!

Nathan M Posted: Apr 2nd 2013

I have painted a Dalek, 02/04/2013 7:40 pm

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Apr 21st 2013

nice painting nathan, to improve next time i would make the lower half of the dalek stick out just slightly less

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Apr 22nd 2013

Wow nice painting of the dalek!!!

do you think in the series film "Mr. Bean" the episode with the theme of christmas, mr. bean was playinf with a dalek toy? i am not sure if that was a dalek.

Bambooski Posted: Apr 22nd 2013

I loved The Power of Three, and I don't know why!

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Apr 22nd 2013

yes it was a dalek toy, you can easily tell

Nathan M Posted: Apr 22nd 2013

thansk for painting compliments, That mr bean was funny, exterminate, exterminate! 

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: May 11th 2013

YAY! Yesterday my amazon delivery came and now i have every episode out on dvd of dr who since it restarted in 2005!

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: May 13th 2013

Is anyone going to the Dr Who prom? I couldn't get tickets! :(

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: May 13th 2013

No, i just tend to get it on dvd later

dinogirl Posted: May 24th 2013

AHHHHH WE KNOW WHO CLARA IS!!!???? TRENZALORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Nathan M Posted: May 24th 2013

Yes! :) The name fo the Doctor is one of the best episodes in my opinion lol, it was fantastic! 

wandgfanatic Posted: May 25th 2013

The Name of the Doctor was epic!  What a cliff-hanger! 

dinogirl Posted: Jun 4th 2013

OMG!! MATT SMITH is leaving after XMAS epsiode!!!   

Gromits little bro Posted: Jun 7th 2013

Journey to the centre of the tardis was good, thought that the name of the doctor was too rushed. And it was a bit dumb at times. For example Jenny saying to the Great Intelligence that she had seen him die so he couldn't be alive, and not 5 minutes earlier, she herself had been dead. Also if the Silence were trying to prevent the doctor from ever reaching trenzalore and therefore answering the question to open his grave so the great intelligence would destroy him, why did they bother when they should have known that all those fixed points in time could not be rewritten. And if they had seen the future or whatever to know that the great intelligence would try and destroy him, why did they not also see clara. Unless they were trying to prevent whoever John hurt is. 

Also WHO BLEW UP THE TARDIS IN SEASON 5 MOFFAT???? 

Gromits little bro Posted: Jun 7th 2013

also Stephen Moffat is a good writer (the empty child, blink, silence in the library...) but I don't think he handles long story arcs very well. He leaves lots of loose threads that are just forgotten about by nthe characters. On the whole, he is good, but some of the payoffs have been poor. I don't think Russell was better, they're about the same for me. 

dinogirl Posted: Jun 14th 2013

hmm ...good point

who did blew up the tardis??
maybe he wants it to be mysterous..he wants to keep us on our toes?? 

Nathan M Posted: Jun 14th 2013

I still want to know who blew up the TARDIS. Maybe it is still a plot for the future (I hope it isn't forgotten about by Moffat!) 

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jun 14th 2013

Who do you guys reckon the next doctor should be?

Nathan M Posted: Jun 14th 2013

A actor that we don't know of, someone who suits the role but someone without a high profile, because I think it would be better that way

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jun 14th 2013

I agree, that is also often the kind of actor they go for, much of the time nowadays these are theatre performers etc. and dr who is their first tv appearance

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jun 28th 2013

I made this yesterday.

dinogirl Posted: Jun 29th 2013

Matt Smith leaving at Christmas!! :( the leading contender to take over is one of the weasley twins from Harry Potter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nathan M Posted: Aug 6th 2013

What do you think to the new doctor?

wandgfanatic Posted: Aug 6th 2013

I think he will be brilliant!

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Aug 6th 2013

I am looking forwardfor this doctor!

dinogirl Posted: Aug 7th 2013

PETER CAPALDI!!!!!

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Aug 25th 2013

i'm sure he will do a good job

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.