Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » DRAWING ON COMPUTER

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 6 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 6.
gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Dec 12th 2012

hi! I always see drawings done digitally put on and I wanted to ask:
1) if i wanted to do some what is the best programme/software for a beginner
2) do you just use a mouse or something more advanced?

Thanks!!
GBI     

Nathan M Posted: Dec 12th 2012

If you want to make 3D models I would suggest a free software called Blender, this is where you move objects around and resize and colour to make something. Otherwise I would suggest just microsoft paint, draw something in real life and scan it in and colour over it in paint, maybe that would work.

You can use a computer mouse but there is another alternative, some people use touch screens or tablets with one of those electric pens so its easyier to draw

mchoo Posted: Dec 13th 2012

Like Nathan suggested but if I were you I'd start with Sculptris for model making. It'll allow you to understand basics better and painlessly, Sculptris is an artist's tool. Put 3D graphics aside If I were to choose specialty I'd go for programmer - better job opportunities. Fully fledged designer is both a programmer and an artist. Digital "drawings" are made according to same principles as traditional ones - almost, with one exception - rendering is more akin to photography than let's say crosshatching. To sum up digital drawing: modeling in 3D space + photography.

http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/

Good luck to you.

tre01 Posted: Dec 18th 2012

Mine is photoshop 7, but only because I was able to come across a software disc for it by chance. I'd love to upgrade it but haven't got money to keep updating things all the time.

yianni Posted: Dec 23rd 2012

use photoshop with a drawing computer keyboard and pen connector also chat with mmasonghi studios

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.