Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » ANY IDEAS ON MAKING ARTIFICIAL SNOW FOR ANIMATION?

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 5 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 5.
Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Dec 15th 2012

I am working on an animation. I have no idea on what should i use for the snow floor. How about the falling snow? Thanks!

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Dec 15th 2012

Please help. I would appreciate fully if you please just give any suggestions. Thanks and   Early Merry Christmas!

mchoo Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Dec 15th 2012

Styrofoam? 

http://www.ehow.com/how_6284049_make-miniature-snow-styrofoam.html

"Styrofoam chunks can also be grated with a cheese grater to produce realistic flakes."

yianni Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Dec 17th 2012

flour for the floor.

samuelhayward Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Dec 17th 2012

Before aardman were able to use special effects, I believe they would have used fabric wadding. You can get it from your local fabric store, this is also what I used.

For falling snow, and I really don't know because I haven't tried it, you could try dropping white confetti down in front of the camers, and take the picture at the same time.
Another option would be to secure a sheet of glass in front of the camera, making sure it is exactly paralell with the camera, to avoid reflection, tack some cut out circles on to the glass, and frame by frame move them down. This is what Aardman used for a rain effect.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.