Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » QUESTIONS FOR ANY BRITISH

There are 102 messages in total. Showing messages 51 to 100.
wandgfanatic Posted: Dec 21st 2012

Yes, for example a school could be on one island and the kid's house could be on another.  So the child would have to take a boat ride for about 20mins to get to his/her school.  If the sea is stormy then it is a day off for the student.  

Yes, for example a school could be on one island and the kid's house in another.  So the child would take a boat ride for about 20mins and arrive at the school.  If the sea is stormy then it is a day off for the student.

Sorry I didnt realise I posted this twice!

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Dec 21st 2012

i don't even know what Ettobright is talkin about, i don't even see how u could take a boat 2 school

wandgfanatic Posted: Dec 22nd 2012

It is the very north of the uk that use this method i.e. Orkney islands.   

ARC-1999816 Posted: Dec 22nd 2012

I wish I took a boat to school. in america we only take buses and cars nothing like a boat.

ARC-1999816 Posted: Dec 22nd 2012

for american's we have the fourth of july do you have anything like that?

wallace05man Posted: Dec 23rd 2012

it is extremely rare that someone would take a boat to school, literaly about 1 in 10,000

Nathan M Posted: Dec 23rd 2012

You have 4th of July in america, we have 5th November where fireworks are set off

ARC-1999816 Posted: Dec 24th 2012

cool what is the 5th celebrateing?

wallace05man Posted: Dec 24th 2012

5th of November is when we have all the firework displays

ARC-1999816 Posted: Dec 25th 2012

yes but what for

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Dec 28th 2012

Bonfire night, if u wanna know more google Guy Fawkes

ARC-1999816 Posted: Dec 31st 2012

thanks I was wondering do you guys have something like the super bowl? it's an american football game where the two best teams play off for the title of best in the nation?

LoveShaun19 Posted: Jan 3rd 2013

What is the most prominent church/religion in Britian? Like Is it Anglican, Catholic, or whatever.

Also do people in Britian like Amercian stuff as much as we tend to like British stuff? For instance, almost everyone I know likes or has heard of "Monty Python", "Keeping up apperances", "The Beatles" and other British shows, music and culture, and we are interested in the Royal family and even just how British peple eat, dress and whatever, and most Americans I know think Britan is really cool, like we have Union Jack t-shirts in our malls and stuff. Do people in Britian, really like  our shows like ("Saturday Night live" sort of American Monty Python I guess), our music , (like country for example), our history and our lifestyles? Do British people think our accents are cool? I know this is long-winded, but basically, Do British people find us and our culture as cool and interesting as we seem to find them?

ARC-1999816 Posted: Jan 3rd 2013

Hey loveshuan19

I have a question too.(For british)
Is Falty Towers popular in Britian?
Have you even herd of it

666joshy666 Posted: Jan 3rd 2013

@LoveShaun19

a) In Britain, we aren't as big on religion as the US however, the most frequently followed religion is probably Christianity.

b) For the second question, although I can't speak from everyone's perspective, in my opinion, American Culture really does interest me! We also watch a lot of US TV shows (Drama & Comedy shows as opposed to say live shows like The Jimmy Kimmel show, Saturday Night Live.etc) and even though American History isn't a part of the curriculum, you can study it as a choice when you go to college (16-18 ). One day, I'd love to move to Santa Monica, LA!

@ARC-1999816

I am a HUGE fan of Faulty Towers (I am pretty sure I have all of the series on DVD)! Is it popular in the US?

Gromits little bro Posted: Jan 4th 2013

Is Fawlty Towers popular? MY GOD YESS ITS A CLASSIC YOU CAN'T NOT HAVE HEARD OF IT.
We do watch a lot of US TV such as drama and comedy like joshy said. In particular, shows like House, Grey's Anatomy and Law and Order do well as well as comedies like modern family, and Scrubs.

666joshy666 Posted: Jan 4th 2013

GLB, what a lovely suprise it is to see you! It's been a while! What have you been up to recently? (Sorry to stray off topic)

ARC-1999816 Posted: Jan 4th 2013

Falty towers is not at all know about in the US(at least as far as I know) I only know because my dad's from England and has shown me some of the episoeds. THEIR ARE SO FUNNY!!!!

Gromits little bro Posted: Jan 4th 2013

Hey JOSHAY!!!! Its lovely to see you to! I've been real busy at uni which has been takign its toll on me :/ ugh kill me now But other than that i've been planning ideas for some animations I may do in the summer! How have you been??!!?! :D

ARC-1999816- We love John Cleese over here. He is a legend of comedy, one of the classics, but we dont have that many good ones now. Miranda is good though, she's kinda similar tosoem classic slapstick

666joshy666 Posted: Jan 4th 2013

It's been pretty hectic at college so I haven't really had many chances to make models. I made this a few days ago though: 

LoveShaun19 Posted: Jan 5th 2013

Thanks for answering my questions. And I've watched Fawlty Towers ( Love it! :) ) and I think most Americans know of the show even if they haven't watched it, because it seems that John Cleese is the most well known over here of the " Monty Python " group.

wallace05man Posted: Jan 6th 2013

i am from England, but once when i was on holiday in New York, and there was  an advert for Fawlty Towers so it must be quite well known in America

ARC-1999816 Posted: Jan 6th 2013

oh intresting. I've never seen that advert before. Thanks wallce05man

ARC-1999816 Posted: Jan 9th 2013

well then is the show Jeeves and Wooster pouplar thier as well?(did I spell that right)

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jan 9th 2013

Not in Britain 

WOW I really didn't see that coming. It is a british show. well atleast I know now.

so what in america is really popular in britian, but you can't find or do it it in britian?

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jan 9th 2013

Well there must be lots of things but many American tv shows and films etc. are very popular in Britain, some of my favourite tV shows are American 

LoveShaun19 Posted: Jan 9th 2013

Jeeves and Wooster isn't popular in Britian? That's odd, I would have thought that it would be, Anyway I like it fairly well. Do any of you like " Keeping Up appearances?"  My Father has just gotten that series for Christmas, and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching it. :)

wandgfanatic Posted: Jan 10th 2013

Yes I love that series.  I love last of the summer wine as well.

ARC-1999816 Posted: Jan 10th 2013

This is out of the blue but The Gurhkas in the brithish army are they well known throught Britian?(Bridge of Gurhkas is what it might be better known as)

Azarte Posted: Jan 10th 2013

Ummm I don't know if they're well known here...I haven't heard of them...I'm kinda stupid though :D

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jan 10th 2013

Im sure many people know of them but they're not that well known

What you gotta to be kidding me their only the best military opertives ever!!!!

mydearmartha Posted: Jan 10th 2013

I have a question. I have started watching the show the inbetweeners. I was wanting to know if life for teenage boys in the uk is anything like what they portray?

well, some things are the same

Hey Techno, can you add me to TMC because every time I try to open the thread, my computer freezes.

Ye sure thing

Thank you

maritsa123 Posted: Jan 14th 2013

i normally walk to school or take a bus (there are many red london double decker buses here by the way!)

Azarte Posted: Jan 15th 2013

No. The inbertweeners is just a silly, funny film. But no, teenage boys are normal (ISH lol) and pretty much the same as american boys :)

maritsa123 Posted: Jan 15th 2013

I LOVE FALTY TOWERS!!!!!!

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Jan 15th 2013

Btw azarte i think u mean show not film as i believe she was talking about the tv series but u r right there is not much difference between british and american boys

ARC-1999816 Posted: Jan 16th 2013

well I don't really know what to ask right now so it might be some time until I have another question

daisychimp Posted: Jan 16th 2013

Is everyone mad about one direction in America??

ARC-1999816 Posted: Jan 16th 2013

no not that I know of. some people are but alot aren't

daisychimp Posted: Jan 16th 2013

in the uk we learn languages like French and German. What do you learn???!! 

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.