Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » ANIMATION THREAD

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 51 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Apr 29th 2013

Please answer the following questions. I made this thread so each of us can help each other. And if you have any "secret tips" please share

1. What clay do you use?
2. What armature size do you use?
3. How do you make them?
4. What stop motion software do you use?
5. What webcam do you use?
6. What is the fps (frames per second) do you use?
7. Do you do lip sync?
8. How do you do it? Replacement mouths or you sculpt?
9. Do you use some different softwares in helping you make it better?
10. Do you have any tips you could share?

Please answer. Let us all help each other!. :)))    

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Apr 29th 2013

My anwers:

1. Van aken

2. I forgot, but the store said it is the thinnest size

3. I draw and make measurements for my armature, then double the size and bend it in half then twist it together

4. Claymation Studios 3.0 Deluxe by Honestech

5. The webcam inlcuded in the software

6. 25 fps

7. Not yet i am planning to

8. Replacement mouths

9. Cinegobs Keyer, Movie Maker, J lip sync

10. Don't rush your animations, when you want your person to walk slow, make slight movements, but for example like a fast car, make some half inch gaps but use 20 fps

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Apr 29th 2013

1. Van Aken. Other materials like latex as well.
2. 16 gauge allluminum armature wire.
3. Twisted wire, epoxy putty for the solid parts. 
4. DragonFrame
5. A canon T3i, which is just a little better than a webcam 
6. 24, mostly on twos.
7. yes.
8. Different methods, mostly replacement. 
9. Photoshop, Premier.
10. watch, research, and do animation.

ARC-1999816 Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Apr 29th 2013

I do some anomation but mostly with legos

Legos are also cool. it would be helpful if you would share some tips on making animation with legos and post an animation of yours here. 

ARC-1999816 Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 1st 2013

ok i'll try i just finished a short movie. though my camera kept moving so it is a little wobbly

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 1st 2013

What kind of tripod are you using?

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 4th 2013

Do you use a tripod or do you put the camera on top of a pile of books,boxes etc? What camera do you use, a webcam or digicam,handycam etc?  i use a webcam and stick it on the tripod by using a sturdy tape. it would be good if you use a tripod with rubber feet.

MrTechnoTrousers Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 4th 2013

Just placing the camera on piles of books and things will have the camera at about the right level but it will be very wobbly as the camera would keep changing position unless you could do something to keep it in place

samuelhayward Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 5th 2013

I made myself an animation table which has a camera stand attatched to it, it also has storage underneath for old sets and props (I have lots that I've never used!).

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 13th 2013

I also do the same with samuelhayward. i would recommend stop motion softwares that have onionskin and grids. what would you guys recommend? what specific kind of software?

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 13th 2013

MrTechnoTrousers- if you use a pile of books then maybe you could put packaging tape on the webcam or if you use a camera(digi,handy,dv etc.) then you must use masking tape or scotch tape.

harryboy8080 Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 13th 2013

1. Van Aken,however I'm switching over to Newplast.
2. 16 gauge allluminum armature wire.
3. Twisted wire, epoxy putty for the solid parts. 
4. DragonFrame
5. Just a webcam
6. 15-24 fps.
7. yes.
8. Different methods, mostly replacement. 
9. Sony Vegas, Gimp
10. Practice makes perfect!

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 13th 2013

Harry, it may be good to try out the Newplast but I would recommend not getting dependant on it. The standard here is Van Aken, which when hardened is just as good if not better than the newplast. If you only use the newplast it will get very expensive very fast. It may be better to use your money for other more necessary things. 

Also remember that you can melt the newplast, it will just burn. 

harryboy8080 Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 13th 2013

Alright, Ian. I'm not too sure about it anymore.

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 14th 2013

What is better to use newplast or van aken. i use van aken but i am planning to buy the newplast(flesh pink) for wallace's skin. cause i if i use van aken i need to mix the color of gromit and the color of morph to get wallace's skin. (ivory and beig flesh).

samuelhayward Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 14th 2013

I've always used newplast- I'd never heard of Van Aken until I heard it on here. Probably because you can't get it where I live.

harryboy8080 Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 14th 2013

Newplast is probably better to use off the bat, but Van Aken is great if you mix it with paraffin wax. Ian would probably confirm this.

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 15th 2013

Newplast is Chalk based, and it doesn't melt as badly. Being in the states I have never gotten a hold of much of it, but what I have used it pretty good. The Van Aken though has better colors and it is meltable to make your own combinations. If you melt paraffin wax with it it becomes nice and hard. It doesn't melt as easily, but still stays workable. I think the van aken overall is better, but whatever is available to you I would use that. 

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 15th 2013

Available here in the philippines is van aken. how do you do the mixing process for van aken? how is the melting? is it better to use paraffin wax?

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 15th 2013

can you still move te clay model when you add paraffin wax or is it unmovable and hard like oven bake clays? 

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 15th 2013

You can melt the clay in a double boiler and then add in the paraffin wax. It is best to use paraffin wax because beeswax just makes the clay sticky. The wax doesn't completely harden the clay, it just makes it firmer and easier to work with, it doesn't melt as much. 

So you are saying it is better to make animations when your clay mode is made with paraffin wax? if i do that method will it make the clay model even firmer and sturdier? (that would be great if it would) Are there any tutorials on doing that method?

are there anyways to make a clay modle that you save clay? (what i mean is you do not use much clay) cause i see  in the net,forums that they put like cloth or foam around the armature so they just add a bit clay as a layering instead.

i mean model

You don't make the puppet completely out of wax. I usually add about 1/3 wax. It really is amazing how different you will find it makes them. I don't know of any tutorials off hand, but I will see if I can find anything and if not I can describe the process in greater detail. 

It is definitely a good idea to make the puppet as light as possible, and clay is heavy. Usually what I do is make a wire armature, and add styrofoam balls to the areas that need bulking out (i.e. the torso and the head) that way it isn't solid clay, but the clay goes right on top of it.
Usually cushion foam is used for non clay puppets. The inside of the puppet is built up with foam and then the latex or silicon is put on top of that. But that is a little more advanced and I have done very little of that myself.

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 16th 2013

wow that is really a good idea. i will be also looking for some tutorials. i just won the april competition and the prize was the cracking animation book. i am waiting for it to arrive. do you think it will be a great help for me? what other materials do i also need for my animation? are there any other books that may also help? thank you very much!

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 16th 2013

Cracking Animations is a great book, one of the best that there is. I think the one you are getting is probably the newer edition, I still have one of the older edititions and it is great, I can't image how good the new one is. There are a ton of other great animation books. Barry Purves will be coming out with a new book soon that will be amazing, so when that comes out I would probably get a copy of that one. And see if you can get a copy of Illusion of Life by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johsnton, that is the best animation book ever written, while it isn't specific to stop motion, the principles of animation still apply. 

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 17th 2013

oh thank you!!!

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 20th 2013

where did you buy the miniature furnitures you got that you use for your latest animation (Miles of Pennies) and how do you make the sets(like trees and houses) in the beaver creek?

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 20th 2013

and the water too? thanks!

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 20th 2013

For Miles of Pennies I actually made everything myself, mostly out of balsa wood and sculpey. For Beaver Creek I used dollhouse furniture and the trees in Beaver Creek were actually real sticks and with model foliage for the grass and stuff. Anymore I use plaster and build trees myself. The water was just blue clay moved a little bit. 

oh thanks you are very creative!

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 20th 2013

Thanks! If you have any other question please ask!

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 21st 2013

ok. 

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 30th 2013

Do handycams work the same as webcams. what i mean is they will be live view in the software when connected to the computer? or must take picture with the camera manually and import them to your computer.

because i am planning to buy one but i am not sure about it. i might waste my money if not. thanks! 

harryboy8080 Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 May 31st 2013

Just look up if they have live view.

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 20th 2013

To all members- How do you divide and schedule your time for animation in the day? What i mean is most of us are still schooling, right? so how do you divide your time for yor studies and your stop-motion time? For those who can answer please answer asap. 

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 20th 2013

get up early, stay up late. Or just don't sleep or eat at all. 

it is hard to find time, but just work when you can

mmasonghi studios Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 21st 2013

Can I quote you on that first line, Ian? LOL!

harryboy8080 Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 21st 2013

Usually over breaks, this sounds crazy, but I lose ALOT of weight. I am so busy working I'll go without eating for two days. I lost 7 pounds over a 2 week break this year. 

It may be 3 a.m. when I snap out of the fact that I've been animating for hours. 

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 21st 2013

Ian has a point. you're right. it is reallly hard to find time. that is why i make the most out of it when it is summer. how about you ian, do you still study or just work on your animations in college?

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 21st 2013

I will be able to answer that question in three months. I just graduated high school, so I am heading to college in september. I am going to animation school, so some of my studying will actually include working on my animation.

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jun 21st 2013

Also for the last two years I have been doing animation for hire, so I haven't had to find time around another job.

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jul 2nd 2013

why don't try to apply for aardman? but are they opening for application by now?

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jul 2nd 2013

How do you make the setup wherein you make the camera move while the subject/talent is moving. (smoothly) if i use a tripod how? or a tabletop? i often see people place their camera on something with wheels attached to a track. is there anyway to mak somthing similar like this?

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jul 4th 2013

what i mean is the camera rail/slider

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jul 4th 2013

You can make your own dolly, I have never tried and I could imagine it could be tough. You can buy them as well, but they are going to be expensive. Honestly you probably don't need one, there is one sure way to make your film look amateur, bad camera movement. I stay away from camera moves as much as a can unless it is something fast. slow sweeping camera movement is really hard to get right.

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jul 5th 2013

what i like to get for my film is while my character is moving the camera just follow it. thanks.

iantimothy Posted: Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Convert/Convert.php on line 43 Jul 5th 2013

If the program you are using has grids, that can be very helpful as well.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.