Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » GROMIT UNLEASHED DESIGN COMPETITION WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 10 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 10.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: May 14th 2013

Our 68th Creation of the Month competition had a very special twist and we asked you to have a go at designing your very own Gromit Unleashed statue!

There were so many good entries that we asked Wallace & Gromit Creative Director, Merlin Crossingham, to help us pick the winners.   We were so impressed with the standard of our winning entries that we’d like to invite all 4 winners down to Aardman for a special preview of the Gromit statues before they go on display to the public, plus a special W&G cinema screening and goodie bag.

We are delighted to announced the following winners: 

Zoe_m was the overall winner with a brilliant Bristol themed Gromit! We felt this design really captured the spirit of the Gromit Unleashed project and the placing of each Bristol landmark on Gromit’s body was really well thought out.

Gromitsbuddyinventor with their riveting rocket Gromit!  We liked the classic W&G design, the portals to see inside and the carefully-placed blast of fire (!)

MillieMcM  with their x-ray Gromit!  We really liked the simple, but very striking design and thought it would make a great statue!

Lizziefij with very futuristic cyborg Gromit.  We thought it looked like just the kind of invention Wallace would build in his basement!  The colours and shading were also excellent.

Well done to our winners!  We will be in touch shortly.

If you missed your chance to design a Gromit last month, check out the VisitEngland website for another opportunity to get involved!  http://www.visitengland.com/ee/Wallace-Gromit-competition/

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: May 15th 2013

THANK YOUUUU SOOOOOO MUCH! THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE AND I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT GOING! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: May 16th 2013

gromitsbuddyinginventor: you really deserve it. i really liked that rocket design. awsome. congratulations!!!!! 

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: May 16th 2013

good for the four of you, you will see each other in person. congratualtions once again to the winners!

lottie78 Posted: May 16th 2013

well done everyone!!!!! Aardman studios is amazing i've been before, hope you love it as much as i did!!!!!
WELL DONE 

Devi Fitri Krisrera Posted: May 17th 2013

Wow! Well done, and Congratulation!! You're really great!! 

lizziefij Posted: May 19th 2013

Wow!!! Yay!!! Omg!!! Im so excited I didnt realise we go to go to Bristol!!! :D

zoe m Posted: May 20th 2013

Thank you!! I am so HAPPY and EXCITED about going to see all the Gromits unleashed!!   

daisychimp Posted: Jun 3rd 2013

Well done everyone, theyre all amazing and you all should be really proud! :)
like Lottie I've been before (and Lottie was there, surprisingly!) and its great fun! You'll probably get to go to the animating studios and stuff, we didn't!!
enjoy yourselves and well done to everyone who entered :D
DC xx 

Prinsesser Posted: 1 day 5 hours ago

when this gromit design own too coming back?

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.