Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » RAPTOR BLUES - MY NEW SHORT ANIMATION

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 4 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 4.
iantimothy Posted: Jun 25th 2013

Hey everyone, I just finished up a new film. It is a PSA about the harmful effects of rodenticides on birds of prey. A lot of birds are dying because they are eating rodent that have been poisoned. The organization Raptors are the Solution (RATS) wanted a fun and entertaining way to get the message out. All of the characters are Van Aken plastalina and latex buildup it was shot on a Canon DSLR and Dragonframe, edited in Adobe Premiere. I really tried to focus on my animation performance in this piece. Here is the link. It is two minutes long. http://youtu.be/enHV9E-VqM8

Feel free to ask any questions or give any feedback.

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jun 25th 2013

AMAZING!

I love the lip sync on the main bird!(It's very fluid) I also love the character animation.(the movement of the eyes is what I like best) I also liked how you built multiple models for the different scales.(is the part at 1:00 forced perspective or green screen?)

All in all it's just a great film! 

iantimothy Posted: Jun 25th 2013

It is actually a little bit of both, based on where the hawk actually is, I couldn't shoot an over the shoulder, So I shot the ground with a bit of exagerated focus. Then I shot the hawk on a greenscreen, and then I shot the mouse on greenscreen and compositied the three together. For that shot I used the full scale mouse and made him smaller in post. I did a test to see if I could actually animate the 1/4 scale mouse of the ground, but I couldn't get it the way I wanted.

shaunfan134 Posted: Jun 26th 2013

that's great ian! i like the owls! :D 

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.