Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » BRING GROMIT TO LIFE IN AT-BRISTOL THIS SUMMER!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 6 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 6.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jul 18th 2013

Cracking Activities at At-Bristol this Summer: 25 July – 1 September

In support of the fantastic Bristol Gromit Unleashed campaign, At-Bristol science centre is having a summer of cracking Wallace & Gromit fun!

As well as the ‘Steam Dog’ Gromit and passport stamp in the foyer there’s a whole host of Gromit-tastic activities including:

•   Make your own Gromit model – meet a real-life Aardman model maker who’ll teach you the tricks of the trade and help you make your very own Gromit in an expert-led masterclass.

•   Create your own animated adventure with Animate It! – Once your creations are ready to star on the silver screen, bring them to life in Animate It!, At-Bristol’s unique animation exhibit. Plan the storyboard, direct the action, and add sound effects as you create your own animated adventure – then save it and send it home to watch again with your friends and family

Meet Wallace & Gromit - Wallace & Gromit will be visiting At-Bristol every day over the holidays, so if you’ve always wanted to meet the famous duo, now’s your chance – just don’t forget the camera!

•   Play ‘Where’s Gromit?’ – Put your detective skills to the test with our giant hide and seek game! Gromit’s picked out his favourite At-Bristol exhibits, so see if you can crack the clues and work out where he’s been hiding.

Buy tickets
The Gromit model-making workshops have limited capacity and are expected to sell out quickly. You can buy tickets online or call 0845 345 1235 (lines are open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm) to secure your place!

Workshops will take place on Thursdays and Saturdays throughout the summer holidays (25 July – 31 August) and cost £3 per person, in addition to standard admission prices. Recommended for children aged 4 and over.

Find out more by visiting the At-Bristol website

Steam Dog
You can find “Steam Dog” in the foyer at At-Bristol.  Here’s a video to give you a sneaky peek at what he looks like!

Sherlock Holmes Posted: Jul 20th 2013

Fantastic!!!!!!! I wish I could go!')">

shaunfan134 Posted: Jul 21st 2013

i think i saw you in the video katie. were you the women wearing the light blue shirt and jeans helping carry the steam gromit? 

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jul 24th 2013

Haha no that wasn't me this time!

shaunfan134 Posted: Jul 24th 2013

i was thinking about what you were wearing when you were interviewing nick park lol :D  

PeaceandBiscuits Posted: Aug 13th 2013

I'm on holiday at the moment, and I'm not in Bristol any more but we went there for a few days and it was great! I managed to find about 16 Gromits, and I went to @Bristol with my dad. We were supposed to go to a planetarium show, but when I went upstairs and saw all the animate it stuff, I needed to stay! Unfortunately, there were no spaces left in the Gromit model-making class, but it was great looking and everything and watching the videos and stuff. Thank you!

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.