Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » ANIMATION MODELS

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 8 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 8.
Luke Palmer Posted: Jul 22nd 2013

Aardman staff how do you stop the animation characters going cold and hard.  thanks luke

iantimothy Posted: Jul 23rd 2013

They are using plasticine (modeling clay)so it doesn't harden. After a while it will get dirty and sometimes harder to work with. It will also require a lot sculpting, even while you are animating. There are some differences based on where you live, English clay is chalk based while American clay is oil based. 

samuelhayward Posted: Jul 24th 2013

Under hot lights mine melt!!

iantimothy Posted: Jul 24th 2013

what brand are you using?

Luke Palmer Posted: Jul 27th 2013

I am using newplast.

samuelhayward Posted: Jul 27th 2013

I would think tht once you do have them under a hot light they will be soft and easier to animate. When you are making the models and they go hard and cold, just wave them infront of a heater, oven or radiator for a few mins, or in the summer, in sunlight.

Hope this helps

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Jul 28th 2013

to keep my models clean i cover them with cling wrap or contain it in a ziplock container. to keep my models not getting hard, i keep them in a place where t is not to cold nor not too hot.

wallace05man Posted: Aug 29th 2013

i also use newplast, i've never had any problems my models going cold or hard.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.