LATEST NEWS » GROMIT UNLEASHED HELPS TO RAISE £3.8 MILLION!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 4 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 4.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 4th 2014

Fantastic news from our friends at Wallace & Gromit's Grand Appeal. With the help of contributions from the Gromit Unleashed project a whopping £3.8 million has been raised for Bristol Children's Hospital!

The Gromit Unleased trail saw 80 customised Gromits take up residence across Bristol and was an overwhelming success, drawing visitors from far and wide, and culminating in an auction which boosted the hospital funds to a staggering £2.3 million. Combined with merchandise sales, an online auction and various other fundraising events linked to Gromit Unleashed, even more money has been raised, helping the charity to reach £3.8 million. These funds are vital in continuing the fantastic work Bristol Children's Hospital does to help poorly children, and is allowing the hospital to expand its services and invest in state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. 

You can visit the Gromit Unleashed website to read more about how the money raised goes to help sick children and babies  and watch a short video. The hospital needs to raise a further £1.2 million to  help provide additional life-saving equipment so children can receive all the treatment they need in one place. If you'd like to contribute you can visit the Grand Appeal website and find out about fundraising events you can take part in throughout the year.

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Apr 7th 2014

wow that's alot! go gromits!!

Lukeheald Posted: Apr 7th 2014

I'm aware this is the wrong place to post but finding people intersted in Wallace And Grommit is fairly difficult. My Grandma had somewhat of a big obession with Wallace And Grommit and has quite the collection of memrobilia going back as far as the late 80's She is getting old now and would very much like to sell her collection. If anyone could point me in the right direction of interested parties other than listing the items on Ebay we would both really appreicate it. Or if you'd like more information please send me a message. 

Kind Regards,

Luke 

JodieD Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 16th 2014

Hi Lukeheald, we don't mind you posting a link to the collection on the Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/wallaceandgromit

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.