Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » HAVE FUN WITH ANIMATION AT BIRMINGHAM'S THINKTANK MUSEUM

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 3 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 3.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 17th 2014

A new Animate It! studio has opened at Thinktank, Birmingham’s Science Museum. This exciting area has been designed specifically with families in mind, so that kids and their parents can learn about animation and then have a go at creating their very own stop motion film. Wannabe film directors can flex their creative skills by coming up with fun ideas and creating a Shaun the Sheep adventure in which they are the stars!

Located in the ‘Kids City’ area of the museum, the studio lets visitors loose in the human-sized green screen studio, where they can learn the basics of stop motion animation and have fun experimenting with different effects and techniques. Then, once their film is completed, they can ‘broadcast’ it to a screen within the gallery. As well as having fun in the studio, visitors can also explore a number of hands-on play stations and take part in Aardman inspired activities. So, if you’re looking for somewhere new to visit over the holidays, this could be just the ticket!

This is the second time Aardman has teamed up with a science museum to offer kids the opportunity to experiment with animation techniques; there’s also an Animate It! studio in the At-Bristol interactive science centre.

To find out more about Thinktank, including opening times and contact details, visit the website here. You can also check out Thinktank’s Facebook page here.

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Apr 18th 2014

That's so cool! Do you think there's any chance of it touring to London in the future?! :(

nam man06 Posted: Jun 2nd 2014

Hello, I've attempted emailing about this but got no reply so I'm saying it on a random thread... I have recently discovered my old W&G account from about six years ago: nam mam06, it's very embarrassing and keeps getting confused with my tumblr account on Google. I would like it removed or at least have the contents of the account removed so it doesn't show up on searches any more, thanks.

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.