Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

FILM PRODUCTION BLOG » WELCOME TO NICK'S VIDEO BLOG FORUM

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 46 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 46.
RichD Aardman Staff Posted: Oct 2nd 2007

Hi all,

In this special forum you can watch Nick Parks latest video blog entries, and then comment on them here!

cjayp33 Posted: Oct 2nd 2007

this is great i will be watching. will there be one this week with news about his latest w and g project? as you hinted that in another topic.

also i can only access this form y the community hq page and by clicking it in the hot forum opic. please makeit more acessable

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

well spotted, you weren't supposed to see this forum until midnight! I hope eveyone enjoys the new video, it would be great to hear what you think!

Seb Moderator Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Really fantastic news, you can find my report on it all on my homepage:

www.62westwallabystreet.co.uk

carosian Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

I am overjoyed by this news, at last something to look forward to as the clocks are about to go back and plunge us into darkness by 4pm.Bless you,I can't wait.

tbsullivan275 Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Just a note to Mr Parks. I read your comments on the BBC site this evening and especially your statement regarding being pleased about not having to modify your new work to suit "some American kid in a suburb." I fully understand the frustration of playing to parochial American audiences, but my kids are American and do live in a suburb and yet are lifelong devoted Wallace and Gromit fans, as are my wife and I.
My kids have spent time in the UK (we have dear friends there) and though they have at times needed help to understand references, they have then enjoyed the humor all the more, as well as treasuring and trying to recreate Wallace's language - they walk around quoting him often. I suppose they take a special pleasure in understanding something not accessible to some of their peers.
They would want me to plead on their behalf that you not write off all American kids in suburbs, because of the philistines among us. We look forward, happily, and impatiently, to your new work, and hope you keep creating Wallace and Gromit stories for many years to come.

magic8ball Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

This is in reference to Mr. Park's interview with the BBC. Hopefully, someone form the Aardman staff can clarify this-Is Mr. Park upset with his experience making "Ware-Rabbit"? If so, is it due to some aspect of his dealings the film company, or due to American audiences?

My wife and I are Americans, and W&G are actually a BIG part of our lives. I've never seen nor heard anything from Mr. Park or Aardman that would suggest that there was a problem with American viewers, and I don't believe there is anything like that in the context of his recent BBC interview. I certainly wouldn't go as far as the "parochial American audiences" or "philistines among us" comments from tbsullivan275. Does Mr. Park have issues with American audiences? How about viewers in other parts of the world?

In any case, we, too, look forward to the new W&G film, and hope that nothing changes from past works. Thank you so much for the work you've done!

amc Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Hi everyone! I am in Canada-will I get to see the new W@G film?

pezazul Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

bammosan Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Great news.
In the words of another fine northerner uncle Mort from "I didn't know you cared" by Peter Tinniswood :

CHAMPION !

matsan Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

It's not my place to speak on his behalf, but I suspect Nick doesn't have any kind of "problem" with American kids or audiences, merely with film executives who might wish to compromise his vision to meet their own view of what those audiences might easily understand.

There is a difference. ;)

Gossipmistress Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Re TB Sullivan & Magicball's comments above - purely as a member of the (?great!) "British Public" I think there is a general view here that while we import and watch any number of American films & TV programmes, many British TV & films have to be 'modified' in order for an American/(?Canadian) audience to like them. I'd be interested to know if this is actually true (although as you both testify, you love W&G exactly the way it is) or if it is just the North American media & Broadcasters/Distributers/Whatever who peddle this myth! Clearly Aardman have proved that you don't have to 'americanise' W&G in order for it to be successful, but I imagine they had to *fight* to prevent it being altered?

Also, if this is true, has access to "genuine" British TV online & satellite done anything to change people's opinions?

Great news about the new film Aardman! :-)

teknia Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Interesting... our (American) family loves W&G. We do prefer the innocent earlier shorts and wonder if American Media/broadcasters pushed for the innuendos that are in Chicken Run and Were Rabbit?? We're hoping this new short is more like the first 3 W&G releases!!!

Ü

pastoralan Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

I love your wallace and gromit films. I think this new film will be great, but the real question is when are you going to come out with another full length feature film for the movie theatres?

jordan Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

OH MY GOD OMG OH MY GOD!!!! im so excited! im cant wait this cheered me up froma dreay few days at college thanks nick you allways make me smile!

Moon_cheese Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

I'm Italian and I still remember the first time I saw "A grand day out", I was completely shocked by the beauty, originality and craziness of '' & '': they have been my first ever DVD. I liked the britishness of their way of living. I think that every european movie maker should create movies in their own cultural background. Fitting to Holliwood ('') will only spoil the richness of details.

Aardman go for it!

Ciao

missmarymem Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Stay true to the andheritage! This Yank and her family love the uniquely Brit references and think that's what makes them so wonderful. Sometimes I find he number of phrases ("cracking good!") and mannerisms (the"pleased Wallace hand gesture") that have crept into our normal communication a bit alarming, but it does help identify kindred spirits. At a party buffet I overheard someone declare, "Ooh, lovely CHEESE, Grommit!" I knew right away that we would have no trouble finding a topic for conversation.

jullarison Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Dear Mr. Parks,
Please know that there are many Americans--adults and children alike--who love your creations and completely support your artistic visions and desire for control.

Very pleased to hear about this new movie and look forward to it immensely. My three boys will be glad to hear of it too. They also quote W&G around the house!

Jumping Jack Flash Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Hi Nick

Its funny that I had a dog called Nick. He was an inteligent dog. Half poodle half hound. Not like poodles he had his tail to wag. He died with 13.

I informed Germany about the Trouble at' Mill in my Blog.

Harry07 Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Hi Everyone,

I Am Glad To See A NEW Wallace & Gromit Coming Out Because It Will Be A Thing I Can Watch Over And Over And Still Not Get Bored In This One Though I Will Be Concentrating On The Actual Animatin Most Of The Time So I Can Get Useful Tips For My Upcoming Animation I Have Been Creating Models For Ages But Never Got that Perfect Character And Hopefull In A Year Or So It Will Come But I Have A Good Idea Already But I Wont Tell Because As Someone On This Site Said Anyone Could Be Watching And The Just Could Pick Your Idea Straight From Your Hands So I Will Give No Detail But This Film Seems Hmm Good But Unusual Ans I Like Unusual And I Like The Fact Of A New Job So Good Luck On The Animation And Hope To See More Videos And Pictures. But Also In The Futre I Will Put In One Of The Forums My Animation Website.

Harry :D

rillers Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Americans - don't be so defensive. Its only fun.

grigorisgirl Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

Great news about a new short.
The Wrong Trousers is probably my favourite W&G film

Josephine Posted: Oct 3rd 2007

I am delighted that Nick P has decided to do another W&G film - more so because it is back to the format of half an hour and it'll be on the telly! I believe Wallace has a new love interest in this one. What about Gromit? Doesn't he deserve a female canine companion? Or is that for another time? Perhaps Olga - Paul O'Grady's other star dog - is his current pin-up...

teejay Posted: Oct 3rd 2007
:D

WOW! What a treat to have read and heard about the new film - my hubby and I definitely have W&G Withdrawal.....we are over here in FLORIDA,USA and love those guys! THANK YOU TO YOU ALL for CREATING ANOTHER ONE!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!!
ps - being MSF (Motorcycle Safety Instructors) we instruct all our students to make sure they watch your movies - esp the motorcycle scene!! THAT WAS GREAT!!!!

magic8ball Posted: Oct 4th 2007

I really feel a need to apologize, especially to those who've commented on what I mentioned earlier. What I was worried about-and what I wanted to avoid here-was a sense of "us vs. them". Apparently, I didn't do a very good job.

I have never sensed anything like that in ANY Aardman production, and I think what happened was, after reading Mr. Park's recent interview with the BBC, I thought maybe there was some feeling like that after completing CotWR. Maybe Mr. Park was on the receiving end of an Us/Them situation with the "studio", or that he possibly perceived one to be at work. That would be very troubling to me, and I asked my questions in order to try for some clarification, not to suggest that something was amiss. I apologize if I didn't make that clear in my earlier post.:'( (matsan, I agree with your answer and think it's well-stated)

W&G is a very British work. I'd even call it a British institution, and that should definitely be celebrated. I think it would be a shame if it were seen as something exclusive instead of inclusive. Sure, there are regional references that some won't get (and maybe there are some who just don't care for W&G :O ). It's OK,though, and I certainly don't believe the productions should change on someone else's behalf.

I really want my interactions here to be positive and fun: to cheer on Mr. Park and the Aardman team; to discuss favorite bits of the films; learn about "in-jokes" I might not get or even be aware of. In other words, I want to be a fan and a friend here on the site. I look forward to meeting other fans from all over and learning a lot.

That being said, I can't wait to see the new film when it makes its way here!!

Thanks all.|-)

bigd Posted: Oct 4th 2007

Great news about the new short, will Peter Sallis be doing Wallace's voice again. (I hope so)

Earthwatcher Posted: Oct 4th 2007

I too am keen to know whether Peter Sallis will again be the voice of Wallace. I haven't seen anything about that yet.

erikvanschaaik Posted: Oct 4th 2007

This is the best news I've had in a very long time. Can't wait!

Josephine Posted: Oct 4th 2007

Like Teknia, I also loved the innocence of the other W&G films. despite the mild innuendos in WereRabbit, it's still an animation tour de force
Oh, and Nick P! Thank heaven I'm not the only one who gets stuck with the definition of Blog!

Greg P Posted: Oct 4th 2007

Hi, it brill isnt it

Josephine Posted: Oct 4th 2007

Cracking!

Mr Hyde Posted: Oct 4th 2007

yay wallace and gromit, i am gunna love Trouble at mill

connor gorman Posted: Oct 4th 2007

trouble at mill will be there best one yet am so excited cant wait

OddsOn Posted: Oct 4th 2007

I'm already counting the days until it arrives on TV.

Prediction: Transmission Date - 25th December 2008 at 6:30pm as the lead-in to the Doctor Who special.

ITV is DOOMED!:D

Harry07 Posted: Oct 5th 2007

Glad I Have Bbc In HD

Josephine Posted: Oct 5th 2007

ITV will definitely have a "cob on" about the brand new & film on the BBC Christmas 2008 (In northern England a "cob" is a crusty bread bun. and a "cob on" is a northern expression for a moody sulk) Bring it on!

Jumping Jack Flash Posted: Oct 7th 2007

Hello tbsullivan275

I'm German and I can read between the lines of what Nick Park meant. His intention was not to offent the kids in the suburbs of America. It took longer to make the films with Dreamworks, because they don't wanted typical british humor.

From my opinion the Films in coorperation from Dreamworks with Aardman or the other way round was good. But Aardman can do it also alone as we can see it by the recent short films.

I understand the british humor including the black.
With my godfather from Britain I'm making some sort of competition - who is bringing the best jokes.
He is starting with "I'm your 'godfather'..." spoken like an Italian (Film: The godfather).

And I like "Mr. Bean" with his sort of humour.
A bit in this direction I also like "Monk".
Imagine what happens when "Mr. Bean" would meet "Monk" in Amerika...

I place my statement also at an other discussion about the interview with Nick Park.

Greetings to Amerika - Make Peace not War...

anti-pesto Posted: Oct 7th 2007

gd luck nick! more oscars. definately!

paix Posted: Oct 11th 2007

All the Aardman films are both comforting and inspiring to folks of all ages and cultures...it is wonderful that you have been able to address that common thread of life which is shared by all of us...

wandgfan21 Posted: Oct 14th 2007

i think 2008 will be the best year for entertainment. on the big screen ,indiana jones kingdom of the crystal skull 22 may, the cronicals of narnia:prince caspian may 16, the incredible hulk (yes it is another new one) june 13, (And guess what the mummy films are back) The mummy:tomb of the dragon emperor august 1, the dark knight (based on bat man) july 18 -25, jurasic park 4 (still in the making stages so i dont know much yet), madagascar 2: the crate escape (the sequal to the very funny madagascar), the 22nd bond film (no idia of the tittle,daniel craig returns as bond, harry potter and the half blood prince, scary movie 5 ( yes another scary movie.) For T.V doctor who, comic relief especialy ........and w a l a c e a n d g r o m i t t r o u b l e a t m i l l !

Jumping Jack Flash Posted: Oct 16th 2007

Nice picture of shaun.

Josephine Posted: Oct 20th 2007

Paix - I, too, find & very comforting - they not only cheer me up but a lot of the furniture at 62 West Wallaby Street (including the pink hairdryer uses in The Wrong Trousers) bring back many childhood memories and innocent,clever humour. I'm glad that this website has space for & fans to air their views so that Nick P and the team at Aardman know how deeply we love their work. Space for another Oscar, Gromit?!?! Well, get polishing, lad! plenty of elbow grease!

funkycheese7000 Posted: Oct 21st 2007

Woah! wandgfan21, U sure know the latest gos on movies!!

wandgfan21 Posted: Oct 25th 2007

funkycheese7000 go on wikipedia and type (any year i.e 2008 in film)and it should bring you some of the biggest films of the year. go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_in_film

funkycheese7000 Posted: Oct 25th 2007

thanx

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 1st 2008

Hey, Jumping Jack Flash! I didn't know you weren't new! YIKES!!!:D

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.