Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » HELLO........

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 14 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 14.
wudwurks Posted: Feb 16th 2008

I am big into animations,,,i recently had a small surgery done and was out of work for a couple weeks,,,during this time,i spent lots of hours watching animated movies and my wife brought me home a wallace and gromit,,,i was hooked and she got all the rest of them i could find to watch,,,,i knwo maybe it sounds crazy for a guy my age to be hooked on animations but figure theres guy out there my age making these wonderful films and shorts for people like myself....what i'd like to know is...the early beginnings were made of clay,,are the new ones still created this way or are you using 3d animation programs for them now...i am amzed at the back grounds, the buildings etc ,,,was just wondering how big a set actually is and the characters height etc it takes to film something like this....Thank you very much,,,i cant wait for the next w and g film to come out!!!!

Josephine Posted: Feb 16th 2008

wudwurks, A HUGE, WARM WELCOME TO OUR COMMUNITY!

You are not alone! You don't have to be a young kid to appreciate W&G...and the work that goes into them ;)

I've loved them for years and always will!

cinders1 Posted: Feb 17th 2008

hi wudworks, welcome!!! still plastercine!!! i think you will find on avarage the models are about 10 inches in height, so i think that probably answers your sets question, jordan will have the answers!!!!!!!;)

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 17th 2008

Welcome, wudworks! Welcome to our large community! Yes, I love Wallace and Gromit for many years. You don't have to be a kid! Once again, a very warm welcome!;)

jordan Posted: Feb 17th 2008

i can yes thanks cinders:

hi wudwurks, to answer your set question:

when making human characters (adults) make them 8-10 inches high or 20-25cm high.

a set can be any size you want it to be alsong as you have the space

say you want a room set make sure the walls are higher than the characters , so when filming the camera has a gap between the top of the characters head and a higher wall behind it , but make sure you camera doesnt see the top of the wall.

anymore questions just ask

wudwurks Posted: Feb 17th 2008

thanks everyone,,,,for the kind welcome and replies...are wallace and gromit still done with clay and stop motion filming or do they use 3d animation programs on things now??

Harry Posted: Feb 17th 2008

Still Clay, Definitly!!!

rastophulus Posted: Feb 17th 2008

Every frame is done in plasticine by hand! That's what gives the films so much life...
'Flushed Away' was computer animated and you can immediately tell the difference when you compare it with W&G.

wandgfan21 Posted: Feb 17th 2008

yes you can tell the difference between the two a warm welcome to the community wud works

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 17th 2008

Rastophulus is right. It is so easy to tell the difference.:D

Prof Chip Posted: Feb 17th 2008

Welcome wudworks!!!!;)

anti-pesto Posted: Feb 18th 2008

hello

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 18th 2008

Welcome!:D

squigly Posted: Feb 20th 2008

hi wudworks! Welcome to the wonderful world of and !!! No need to ashamed to be hooked on W&G at any age. Some of us have been fans for years, others more recent. The good thing is that we're all a community that understands the quirkiness of being hooked on the craziness of and !:D

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.