Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

FILM PRODUCTION BLOG » THE VOICE OF WALLACE

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 32 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 32.
higginsdj Posted: Feb 22nd 2008

What happens when Peter Sallis can't do it anymore? God forbid anything should happen to him but he can't go on forever and the voice of Wallace is quite distinct! Would one go for a new voice or try to find someone who can duplicate Peter?

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 23rd 2008

This is quite a problem. I have been worrying about it for years. I have no idea. I guess they might do auditions for someone who can impersonate the voice.:-(

jodyblue1 Posted: Feb 23rd 2008

I very good at WALLACE'S voice!!!!!|-)

cavor Posted: Feb 23rd 2008

I heard that the American promoters (DreamWorks) wanted to change the voice of Wallace in W & G COTWR!!!

MARLOW NATHAN Posted: Feb 23rd 2008

THEY WOULD PROBLY CUT BITS OUT OF THE ONES THEVE ALL REDY MADE BECAUSE ALL HE SAYS IS CHEESE AND OTHER STUFF

BUT IF THEY COME UP WIV A NEW STORYLINE AaRMAN WILL BE STUMBLED

jordan Posted: Feb 24th 2008

The Best Way Is Just To End W&G i think

MARLOW NATHAN Posted: Feb 24th 2008

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 24th 2008

Yes, I heard that too Cavor. That is pathetic! That's why Helena Bornam Carter and Ralph Finnies were put in it. ;)

No, Jordan! NEVER!!!

jordan Posted: Feb 24th 2008

it will happen w&G will end

NEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR.:'(:crying:Don't say it! Tell me it won't!!!:'(:'(

jordan Posted: Feb 25th 2008

nothing lasts forever

Fish Posted: Feb 25th 2008

Right. Nothing lasts forever. But I bet that someone can be found to do Wallace's voice, if Peter cannot do it. Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fud lost their voice when Mel Blanc died. But someone else did the voices after that - and no one noticed.

it would be a tradgedy if someone else does the voice. w&g will be ruined!

No, it would not be ruined. We'd be sad it wasn't Peter's voice, but the show would go on.

im sure it would just ruin it for me :'(

unless aardman do a "silent" like STS in some way or create comic books but not drawn but with models that could work,

Oh...yes, Jordan...not having Peter's voice would cut into my enjoyment of it all, too.:'( I just meant that W&G could go on with someone else. But no one could REALLY replace Peter!

yeh i agree :(

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 28th 2008

Oh, please! I can't bear to think of it! Please! STOP! :'(:'(Wait, I need a break. Let me go!:'(

MARLOW NATHAN Posted: Mar 9th 2008

your killing w and g allready

gromitlove Posted: Mar 10th 2008

Mr Sallis is old, but even without knowing his other work at all I am so happy for him to have a new direction in his career in voice-overs. It is inspiring to see someone find this serendipity, esp. due to kindness to Nick Park who was just starting out 20? years ago. It's like the fable of the Lion and the Mouse, only better.

Seb Moderator Posted: Mar 10th 2008

I think Peter's a fantastic man - truly inspiring - and he'll work at Wallace for as long as he can, after all, who wouldn't?! It's the perfect job!

When the time comes that he can't do it any more I'd like to see the end of the films, it just couldn't be done otherwise.

It's such a shame that the Comic has ended, because I saw that as a future for Wallace and Gromit that could last many, many years. However we may still see comic books on their own in the future. It won't be the same obviously, but ideas like that could continue the Wallace and Gromit world.

Think of Star Wars - give or take there have only ever been 6 films, but there are hundreds of comics, books, etc. that have kept it alive.

jodyblue1 Posted: Mar 16th 2008

It will stay in my heart forever

Michael2008 Posted: Apr 7th 2008

same. ill neva forget that wallace and gromit brought out my true talent:'(

kzamzow Posted: Apr 9th 2008

Peter Sallis is irreplaceable! The voice, the inflections cannot be copied. In response to Fish...Yes you can tell the difference with the Mel Blanc replacement. It's close, but you'll never replace the original. And yes, it does take the enjoyment out of it. Same with the replacement for Jim Henson's Kermit the Frog. It's just not the same. Peter "is" Wallace! No one else. Same with Clegg in Summer Wine. He cannot be replaced.javascript:ins('')

PlasticineMaster Posted: May 4th 2009

Ben whitehead the new voice?

cheesefanatic Posted: May 18th 2009

who? i don't know but they could get the guy that does the new games!:)

00Failure Posted: Jun 3rd 2009

no offence but i dnt really think ben whiteheads voice is quite right. he seems to be missing thr nothern jist.

Tomb Raider Posted: Jun 6th 2009

I think Alun Armstrong from "New Tricks" has a great voice and could do that distinctive Wallace accent astonishingly well. He is only 68. W&G should never die. :D

Fifi1997 Posted: Jun 6th 2009

If You Really Like Wallace Aand Gromit Lil Changes Will Hurt But It`s Nothing '

timmytwo Posted: Jan 6th 2010

That would be horrible! But peter's gonna keep doing it til he dies!

boo315 Posted: Jan 13th 2010

Lets just make the most of it

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.