Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » BLOOMIN EARTH TREMOR!!! 1:AM UK!!!!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 21 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 21.
jordan Posted: Feb 27th 2008

WELL, that was pretty scary being suddenly woken up by a earth tremor.! and i am also amazed that my 6 shelves full of model cars worth about £300+ didnt budge! i couldnt get back to sleep until 2:00!!

See Here For York Coverage,

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/mostpopular.var.2075472.mostviewed.earth_tremor_felt_across_york_and_north_yorkshire.php

purple and brown Posted: Feb 27th 2008
:O

im glad i dont live up there phew!

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Feb 27th 2008

I didn't seem to hit us in Bristol either, or at least I didn't wake up :) - must have been pretty scary!

purple and brown Posted: Feb 27th 2008

same herephew

arnymate Posted: Feb 27th 2008

where I live up north we felt it...it was quite scary..lol

i was awake till 2:00 trying to calm down lol

Harry Posted: Feb 27th 2008

Hehe, i live around where jordan is and i slept through it!

i wish i did harry!!

Graham10 Posted: Feb 27th 2008

I am glad i didnt get woken up,,
sounds bad where u were !
I LOVE nd

MARLOW NATHAN Posted: Feb 27th 2008

there was a earthquake here in leicester and i slept through it lol

gromitlove Posted: Feb 27th 2008

I think it cracked me Artex!

kieran Posted: Feb 27th 2008

i was in bed in Leicester and my radiater was shaking and it woke me up and i was thinking whats going on.

me too coz im ur brother kieran

hello?!?!?!?

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 27th 2008

God, that must have been scary. Is that the one mentioned on BBC this morning. Or was it GMTV. I don't know. That must have been scary. I'm glad I'm not where you are. Hope you are OK.;)

Modelmaker93 Posted: Feb 27th 2008

arrrgh lol it was so scary other here my bedroom shook and my bed shook two inches away from the wall and my window nearly smashed so i ducked under the covers:)

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 27th 2008

Spooky!:O

Fish Posted: Feb 27th 2008

It sounds like a pretty bad quake. We had an earthquake once where I lived. My mother thought my father had done something like move furniture around in the other room because of the shaking. :O When we found out it was a mild earthquake - not my father - it became a family joke!

x littlehammerette x Posted: Feb 28th 2008
|-)

i never felt it down ere in london i am so relieved it would of terrified me

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 28th 2008

Hehehe! Great one, Fish! Never thought a dad could make that much of a racket in the house. Next time my dad's around, I'm going to WATCH OUT!!!:D

gromitlove Posted: Feb 28th 2008

I once woke up to a 4.7 earthquake, which felt and sounded like a very heavy truck passing close by. I have been reading about geology but never recent UK earthquakes-- but that the division between highland and lowland Scotland was once where two continents merged, creating volcanoes and very high mountains... I wonder if this quake is a remnant of earth stress from that time?

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.